Cannabis Shine!

• Thread starter BrylCream
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BrylCream

BrylCream

I have a question for you guys, what's your take on cannabis shine? I realize that it would take a LOT of material to mash in to have enough sugars available, so supplements are needed, (I'm thinking honey).

Also, there is the notion of using a gin head for infusion, and the extractives from that would be phenomenal (steam + alcohol). I've been doing lotsa homework, and wanted the Farm's take on it. And feel free to wax scientifically, I can take it :)

In any case, you'd be making some mighty fine shine :woot:

(Oh, and I attempted searching the farm for 'moonshine', and was lost in a sea of unrelated good stuff, so I figured I'd start a new thread to neaten things up.)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you talking about actually distilling a cannabis mash or wort into a liquor? The only thing I'm familiar with is Green Dragon, which tastes like gack and is an infusion, not an actual distillation. Honestly, it never occurred to me that you might try to distill.

BrylCream

BrylCream

Yes ma'am. Thinking that many many people make wine, I have an idea that the same recipe can be slightly modded for wort use. I am aware of Le Dragon, and it sounds to me like tincture, more or less.

I am going to be running some as soon as more knowledge is absorbed.

"INPUT!" - Johnny 5

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Start it....three years ago I talked to what he defined as the only person who has distill equipment for pot in the nation and called final product tears....
Put up pics and videos if you can

Mex

Mex

How would you control for the production of methanol? Or would you just be using leaf and bud material?

BrylCream

BrylCream

Elementary, @Mex. Methanol boils off @ 148°F, while ethanol (the good stuff) evaporates @ 173°F. Basic logic is that methanol boils off first, so it's purty easy to seperate out. The first amount of run, (the heads), gets repurposed, I don't like to dump it like most, as you can use the methanol-rich heads for cleaning, setting fires, etc... No worries now, mate :).

Regarding plant material to be used, chlorophyll is quite undesirable, tastes like feet to me. Buds and sugar trim all the way! Mo' sugar, mo' better. As far as the method for introducing the material to the likker, I'm gonna try a couple things. Making the mash with straight reefer, or a ratio of trees to sweet mash, (old time recipe I had to swear not to share ;)). Or there's the option of infusion via an added ginhead to my still. Or both, but in theory that may create some quite powerful sleep meds...

Since I got lazy, decided to order a still kit... Not as lazy as buying one premade, and gives self-made type satisfaction. Gotta love eBay!

Found this fancy-sauce device in my research, anyone ever use something similar?
http://shop.rainierdistillers.com/The-Witch-Herbal-Extractor-RD6969.htm

BrylCream

BrylCream

I have seen an opening in the world that hasn't yet been fulfilled, and I'ma fixin' to. Hank Williams sang it best, 'I Saw The Light'... Not to mention I am getting the chance to meet Hank the III this week... Shine on! :singing:;)

SpiderK

SpiderK

cherry shine ....

Still1

SpiderK

SpiderK

it holds 9 gallons. think it was made in portugal .... we learned from some eastern europeans old skool ....

will hit 155-160 proof on the second run. the vodka hoppers hit 170+ .....

we get some really good tasting shit from this. less sugar more of the fruit taste comes out ....

Top Bottom