Cannabis Shine!

• Thread starter BrylCream
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420circuit

420circuit

With a bunch of micro-distillers here in Colorado you would think there was a way to make some legally, but I haven't found it yet. Lot of good whiskey being made here, but my favorite is still from Lynchburg.:D

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

With a bunch of micro-distillers here in Colorado you would think there was a way to make some legally, but I haven't found it yet. Lot of good whiskey being made here, but my favorite is still from Lynchburg.:D
Ooooh that Lynchburg Lemonade is good of course shots or Str8 from the handle fine with me aswell
Naz

420circuit

420circuit

If a person wanted a good tasting cannabis liquor, just speculating here, would adding ground, cured and decarbed buds be the best way to go about it? Baking the buds might give them a bad taste, that vaped/burned popcorn thing? The oil extract that I make has a weird taste, not especially good and it sticks to your mouth, not really too nice, so I add coconut oil and put into capsules. But the aroma of some strains is excellent, like Blueberry for example. Maybe mash with fresh cut buds?:D

Wondering if corn+sugar+buds would work. If my local liquor store had canna-brew or canna-whiskey, I'd probably try it.:D
Jack

BrylCream

BrylCream

Cannabis is related to hops... Easy to get in the mix somehow. And I got some sweet feed + canna + sugar going as we speak... Almost ready to cook off... :-)

420circuit

420circuit

Well how 'bout a recipe or something? Getting the aroma without the chlorophyll looks like a challenge. Awesome idea.

BrylCream

BrylCream

I kinda just winged it, but my mixture is as follows:
8 lbs all-grain sweet feed (corn, oats, molasses)
16 lbs sugar
10 g ground buds
1.5 tsp DADY
Enough water to fill 6 gallon bucket

1) Get yeast rehydrated
2) Mix grain/buds, then top with sugar
3) Start filling with lukewarm water while stirring the shit outta the sugar to dissolve it. You'll prob get sticky, comes with the job :-)
4) After mix is complete and bucket is almost full, approx 15 mins, and make sure water temp is <86°F before pitching yeast.
Optional: add pinch of sugar to yeast water to get 'em excited early. Stir occasionally to thoroughly hydrate the lil buggers.
Your mash will tell you when it's ready. Usually 8 - 14 days. If you start smelling vinegar, it's prob too late.
I only added cannabis for flavour, not function. So we'll see what happens.

BrylCream

BrylCream

Brownish, like apple cider color. But that's the color it always is, due to the molasses.

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Is there a way to extract sugar from canna vegitatation I mean to bump up the cannabis in the recipe for function
But taste is a great start and once again great thread, makes me so curious.....
Naz

BrylCream

BrylCream

That's something I'd need to do more homework on... I'll write it down and look into it. Enzymes, maybe? Hmmmm.....

BrylCream

BrylCream

Wowsers 420circuit, that is my thoughts put into print! They must be listening to my thoughts!!!! Tinfoil hats, engage...

420circuit

420circuit

It is encouraging to see that this is legal in several places now. Tough being a pioneer when you are working out by the edge, where the ice is thin. We make discoveries by taking chances. We just need to adjust the rules a bit to accommodate this research everywhere. The article describes making canna infused beverages using the different flavor profiles of strains, I can imagine a Blueberry liquor that would be a good mixer with clear vodka.

BrylCream

BrylCream

Awhile back, I noticed certain flavours that mated exceptionally well together in a certain strain with a certain wine, that article alludes to the strain in question. 'Grapefruit-y strain' in Brooklyn? BK always been known for that delicious NYC-dies! Below is the wine I suggest. ;-)
Tmp 24683 490aa2e099cdfd61 Pomelo Labelxxxlarge 1 1342583158

That, however, is what I started on the booze/bud mission doing. Now I'm on the front line of a groundbreaking idea! :-)

Top Bottom