Cannabis Shine!

• Thread starter BrylCream
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BrylCream

BrylCream

Nice alembics @SpiderK ! How/when do you introduce the trees, may I ask? I just bought one of these bad boys, 10g pot.

BrylCream

BrylCream

I was debating on whether to get just the parts to build one, but this feller offers the hand machined stills, and that tickled me into coughing up a couple extra beans :-) Worth it in my opinion.

SpiderK

SpiderK

we are still testing just messing around only tried it twice so far ....

we've mixed some in the mash & this next run we are gonna try putting the green above the mash as its cooking. but my buddies still needs a mod' so it might not happen until we do peaches at the end of the summer.

& we have a friend in the food industry that makes additives so hoping we can find someone for testing so we can figure out what's being pulled out of the buds, trim .....

but your talking many test. ferment w/buds, adding them after, or just tumble it first ? cooking underneath on the first run or second ????...... then testing each batch finding out what method is the best.

BrylCream

BrylCream

That's my whole conundrum, lol. Fixin' to be fun! And a lot of work, hoo doggy. But, without people like us, 'the next level' wouldn't ever be found! I'm glad that I am able to converse with someone with the same vision. I knew there had to be more people thinking the same thing. The farm is a truly magical place...

SpiderK

SpiderK

we gotta test it on some non smokers also, most of the time we are smoked up when the shots are flowing ..... :confused:

and u can try using a 1/2 inch piece of aluminum plating under your still between flame and copper ... it cooks better.

BrylCream

BrylCream

I have a couple friends who are only into medibles, and I can force myself into a purge to find out meself... :) Not easy, but doable. For the sake of science, similar to Sasha Shulgin (RIP) ;). With safer chems ta'boot.

BrylCream

BrylCream

Sorry for the lapse in progress, just waiting on some packages.... :-) Soon the time will come, my little ones, to talk of fantastical things! Of shoes, of ships, of ceiling wax. Cabbages and kings! But really though, stills are heavy and shipping takes a hot minute, but good things come to those who wait!

Reactions: Mex
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I would add BHO before heat is applied and the act of cooking the mash/BHO would decarboxulate the BHO and cook your mash at same time. Same thinking could be applied with flower though. Maybe add decarbed oil into your mash... That would for sure
Work

Actually at 150 proof you could just mix in BHO decarbed into your liquor. That would be the easiest and best. Finding what compliments it however, and a good ratio of grams per liter is also needed

BrylCream

BrylCream

Not a bad idear, bongobongo, however, my mission is to find a traditional-style method of introduction. Adding decarbed material into the finished product seems like cheating to me. Although a fantastical product would result :-) My mission is to find every possible way to introduce it into the final product, and through that, the premier preferred method to produce a product digestible for the masses, thus increasing the number of methods people can get their meds :-)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Definitely length if brew and temperature would make or break the distillation. This is all interesting, you should for sure keep us In the loop

SpiderK

SpiderK

We have some shine running today ...., grab a few pic's.

cherry's for the first time. Smells fantastic already but the cost & yield make this head stash. Transportation cost, sugar, cherry's, gas put it around $50.00 per bottle .....

SpiderK

SpiderK

And use food grade cans when you ferment .....

We are doing cherries & the first run takes 6 hours or so after it starts running. Temps hit 203º before the end falls out you can taste it around the six hour mark getting watered down ....

Can

SpiderK

SpiderK

We fermented 160 gallons & have 8 gallons uncut after the first run ...., maybe 3 1/2 - 4 after the second so it will be 6 1/2 gallons ( cut at 104 proof ) when we are all done ...

Done 1st

Gandalfalfa

Gandalfalfa

We have some shine running today ...., grab a few pic's.

cherry's for the first time. Smells fantastic already but the cost & yield make this head stash. Transportation cost, sugar, cherry's, gas put it around $50.00 per bottle .....

A drink for special occasions. :)

Top Bottom