Cannabutter Recipe Using Crockpot vs Double Boiler

• Thread starter FrostyleavesLA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FrostyleavesLA

How to make cannabutter using a crockpot

Make Delicious Cannabutter In Your Crock Pot: A Step-By-Step Cannabis Recipe​

Are you looking for an easy way to make cannabutter? Look no further! This post of mine will provide you with a step-by-step recipe on how to make delicious cannabis-infused butter in your crock pot. So don't wait any longer, grab your crock pot and get ready to make some amazing marijuana butter!

Introduction to Cannabutter​

If you want to make your own cannabutter at home, it's actually quite easy - especially if you have a crock pot. This step-by-step guide will show you how to make delicious cannabutter in your crock pot, using just a few simple ingredients.

The first thing you'll need is some cannabis. You can use either fresh buds or trim, but the THC content will be lower in trim. If you're using fresh buds, grind them up coarsely with a hand grinder or food processor. If you're using trim, there's no need to grind it - just chop it up into small pieces.

Next, add your cannabis to the crock pot along with 1-2 cups of water and 1 cup of butter. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.

After 6-8 hours, remove the lid and carefully pour the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer into a bowl or jar. Squeeze the cheesecloth to get all of the buttery goodness out of the cannabis. Let the mixture cool completely before refrigerating for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).

Once cooled and solidified, your cannabutter is ready to use! You can spread it on toast or add it to recipes like brownies or cookies - just be sure to use less than you would regular butter, as cannabutter is much more potent. Enjoy!

Benefits of Using a Crock Pot for Cannabutter Recipe​

When it comes to making cannabutter, using a crock pot is one of the easiest and most effective methods. Not only does it allow for easy and consistent heating, but it also helps to infuse the butter with all of the potent flavors and compounds found in cannabis.

Here are just a few of the many benefits of using a crock pot for your cannabutter recipe:

1. Easy to Use: Crock pots are very easy to use, even for those who have never cooked with cannabis before. Simply add your butter and weed to the pot, set it to the desired temperature, and let it do its thing.

2. Infuses Butter Quickly and Effectively: Crock pots are great for infusing butter with all of the cannabinoids and terpenes found in cannabis. Unlike other methods that can sometimes leave behind vital compounds, using a crock pot ensures that your final product is packed with all of the good stuff.

3. Slow Cooked Flavor: One of the best things about using a crock pot for cannabutter is the slow-cooked flavor it imparts on the final product. By cooking low and slow, all of the natural flavors of the cannabis are extracted into the butter, resulting in a delicious end product.

Ingredients Needed for Cannabutter​

Cannabutter is a key ingredient in many cannabis-infused recipes. If you want to make your own cannabutter, you'll need the following ingredients:
  • 1 pound of unsalted butter
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 ounce of ground cannabis flower or trim
To make cannabutter, simply combine the butter and water in a crock pot, and set it on low heat. Add the ground cannabis, give it a stir, and let it cook for 6-8 hours. Once the time is up, remove the lid and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Then, using a cheesecloth or coffee filter, strain the cannabutter into a glass container. Be sure to squeeze all of the liquid out of the cannabis before discarding it. And that's it! Your homemade cannabutter is now ready to use in any recipe you like.

Step by Step Instructions on How to Make Cannabutter in a Crock Pot​

Slow cookers are great for making cannabutter because they provide a consistent, low heat source that can simmer for hours without burning the butter or cannabis. This step-by-step recipe will show you how to make cannabutter in your crock pot.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound (455 grams) of butter, cut into cubes
  • 1 cup (240 ml) of water
  • 1 ounce (28 grams) of cannabis, finely ground
Instructions:

1. Add the butter and water to the crock pot and set it to low heat.

2. Stir the mixture occasionally as the butter melts.

3. Once the butter has melted, add the ground cannabis and stir well.

4. Cover the crock pot and let it simmer on low heat for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.5. After 3-4 hours, turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly before straining it through a cheesecloth or coffee filter into a clean container.6. Store your cannabutter in the fridge or freezer until you're ready to use it!

Tips and Tricks on Making the Perfect Cannabis Infused Butter​

When it comes to making cannabutter, there is no one-size-fits-all recipe. The perfect cannabis-infused butter depends on your personal preferences and the potency of your weed. However, there are a few tips and tricks that will help you make the perfect cannabutter every time.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making cannabutter:​

1. Use high-quality cannabis. The quality of your weed will directly impact the quality of your cannabutter. If you want to make a delicious and potent batch of cannabutter, use high-quality weed.

2. Decarboxylate your cannabis before infusing it into the butter. This process activates the THC in the weed, which makes it more potent. Without decarboxylation, your cannabutter will be less potent.

3. Be patient when infusing the cannabis into the butter. Don't try to hurry the process by boiling the butter or using too much heat. This can cause the THC to degrade, making your cannabutter less potent.

4. Use a small amount of butter for each gram of weed you're using. This ratio will produce a potent batch of cannabutter without wasting any weed.

5. Store your cannabutter in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until you're ready to use it

How to Use Cannabutter​

In order to use cannabutter, you will need to start by melting the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add in your cannabis and stir continually for 3-5 minutes. After that time has elapsed, remove the pan from the heat and strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Allow the mixture to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

When you are ready to use your cannabutter, simply take it out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. You can then use it as you would regular butter, whether that means spreading it on toast or using it as an ingredient in your favorite recipes. Just keep in mind that, since cannabutter is potent, a little goes a long way!

Conclusion​

With this step-by-step cannabis recipe, you can now make delicious cannabutter in your crock pot. You don't need any special equipment or skill to do it - just a few simple ingredients and a bit of patience. Plus, the end result is an incredibly flavorful butter that can be used to create all kinds of edibles and dishes. So if you are looking for an easy way to make some really tasty cannabutter at home, then try this recipe out!

Last edited by a moderator:
mikeb437

mikeb437

ive seen tons of video's on making cannabutter.. some people use a crockpot and ive seen a few using a double boiler or a saucepan. the crockpot process uses water in the cooking and ive seen the double boiler/ saucepan using none.. is one process better than the other? if i just add weed and butter together and heat it up will it taste different from when im using the water, weed and butter mix? i heard slower the better in making cannabutter but thats not possible when just heating up the weed in a pan.. also,, when making it in a doubleboiler the people ive seen only heat it up for a max of 1 to 2 hours.. is that long enough to extract all the thc?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the water process is the best whether you use a crock pot or a saucepan on the stove. I use water with butter or oil but I prefer making oil as it keeps better then butter. The water grabs hold of all the chlorophyll and nastiness while the butter or oil (fat) just grabs hold of all the tasty trichomes.

its not so much slow as you don't want to use too much heat

mikeb437

mikeb437

yea,, i used the crockpot using the water with vaporized weed and it worked out great! there was no bad taste at all.. i was just curious if the saucepan method was better,, same,, or not as good.. thanks motherlode!

Camdawg

Camdawg

i use a crock pot heating for 3 hours 3 times a day with a 2-3 hour rest in the freezer in between. do this for 2-3 days. can't beat time

T

thatspoker422

i use a crock pot heating for 3 hours 3 times a day with a 2-3 hour rest in the freezer in between. do this for 2-3 days. can't beat time

Interesting. Why do you cool then reheat? What does this do?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

crock pot on the "warm" or lowest setting overnight. i never actually time it i just start it one day when i have time and stop it the next day when i have time. done it many times and had no complaints about potency ever.

Camdawg

Camdawg

....you know im not really sure why we take it off and cool it to be honest i read it in a book and proceeded to fallow the directions. always use the lowest setting of heat.

St3ve

St3ve

A few days ago I threw about 150g of fresh fan leaves into a pot with one stick of butter and 4 cups of water. I cooked it on med heat with a lid for one hour, then took off the lid to cook away the water for another half hour.

I drained well and refrigerated it for a day. Expecting it to of been a waste of time, I sampled about a 1/5th of a shot glass of the butter just to see if I felt a head change.

Well after about an hour.. I got stoned off my ass for another 5 hours along with my lady friend. I can't say this is the best way, but for a small amount of fan leaves with no visible trichs (about two/three weeks into flower) I cannot believe how potent it was.

T

TorGfy

I prefer the crockpot method. I use 2:1 butter to plant material, that is for every pound of bud used, I add 2 pounds of butter. I take it to the extreme and leave the mixture in the crockpot for days. I stir every time I think about it and add water as it boils off. I filter the material, throw it back in the crockpot, and add another 2 pounds of butter. I let it sit for a day or two longer than the initial extraction. You can do this a third time if you'd like, I usually do the third with olive oil.

Given heat and time, many reactions will tend towards completion. By leaving it for long periods of time, I know that the butter is extracting as much as it can, and that the THC-acid is being converted to the orally active THC. Cooking in a double boiler will pull some cannabinoids, but not all of them if only let sit for a couple hours.

I've not ever come across a better method than this, but if someone feels they have one, I'd love to hear it.

D

Ds Lounge

What exactly do you mean by "materials" when you put the butter back into the crock pot after filtration? The butter you just made and recook it? Or the used ganja that was left over from straining? Just wanna make sure i get this right...

mikeb437

mikeb437

im sure he means the ganja.. your squeeze it out and put it back into the crockpot with clean butter or oil.. it wont be as potent the 2nd time but if you have good weed it might be worth it..

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Crock pot for 24 hours. Here's my ratio. A shit ton of trimmings and popcorn buds to a little tiny bit of butter. This combo has been puttin my people on their asses for years.

IMG 0131

mikeb437

mikeb437

im not a grower so i dont have access to alot of weed. would be nice to put some good stuff into the butter instead on vaped weed.. i think a pound of weed is an outrageous amount but i'd love to try it!

H

heshani1999

I use double boil method because I do not have a crackpot.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Just took a cooking class on this we made jello shots with keif, pasta ,cookies salad dressing. she uses 1/2 inch oil in a crockpot cover it with sugarleaf that has been ran thru a coffee grinder cook 6-8 hrs on LOW {DO NOT BOIL} it cooks off the THC not over 220% . With butter 2 sticks to about an ounce good material ground thru coffee grinder. She also makes it with cream and that is a secret I have not fiqured out. Enjoy!!!

StickyBuds420

StickyBuds420

umm what do you guys use to strai nthe liquid butter/water with when its done will a coffee filter work?

johnursery

johnursery

cheesecloth works best IMHO and you can get a grip on it to squeeze the liqued out after gravity does what it can

Top Bottom