• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Azomite & Gypsum are part of my "triforce" along with Epsom salts :p

I consider them essential, not optional! Check my guide out for feed amounts if you're curious. I do about 4 tablespoons of each every 2 weeks in 7 gallon pots. Glad you stumbled upon 2/3 PC!
I always use epsom salts on my watering cycle. 1 just added 2 tbs to 8 gal....a bit heavier than normal, I see on one of the charts that they use more mag starting around 3 weeks into flower normally 1/4 tsp/ gal.....when under led....I never used it with hps.....I may have needed it but it wasn't obvious as it is under led's

I may have read that Azomite and gypsom on one of your posts in the past...I know Homesteader use gypsom and I remember something about helping with flavor & smell in soil grows........twice now I've been at $80 ish needing $99 for free shipping so I now have both...

Now that growth spurt I have with the 2 clones...... have you see similar results in root mass or trunk girth????.......My trunks never get very thick compared to some I've seen with compare able sized plants

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I always use epsom salts on my watering cycle. 1 just added 2 tbs to 8 gal....a bit heavier than normal, I see on one of the charts that they use more mag starting around 3 weeks into flower normally 1/4 tsp/ gal.....when under led....I never used it with hps.....I may have needed it but it wasn't obvious as it is under led's

I may have read that Azomite and gypsom on one of your posts in the past...I know Homesteader use gypsom and I remember something about helping with flavor & smell in soil grows........twice now I've been at $80 ish needing $99 for free shipping so I now have both...

Now that growth spurt I have with the 2 clones...... have you see similar results in root mass or trunk girth????.......My trunks never get very thick compared to some I've seen with compare able sized plants

Calcium plays a major role in root growth/plant development so it doesn't surprise me! And yes @Homesteader is a big Gypsum supporter. Some growers think its a miracle product and others think its useless. I'm part of the miracle group. I originally started adding it to cover the Cal defs but it does also help reduce soil salinity and also improve soil structure. The Epsom/mag I would say is a requirement for any grower using modern LEDs.

And yep you are right, around week 3 of florasion the demand for Cal & Mag skyrockets and that is almost 100% when I start to see defs creep in.

Aptus-chart-1024x316.jpg

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Calcium plays a major role in root growth/plant development so it doesn't surprise me! And yes @Homesteader is a big Gypsum supporter. Some growers think its a miracle product and others think its useless. I'm part of the miracle group. I originally started adding it to cover the Cal defs but it does also help reduce soil salinity and also improve soil structure. The Epsom/mag I would say is a requirement for any grower using modern LEDs.

And yep you are right, around week 3 of florasion the demand for Cal & Mag skyrockets and that is almost 100% when I start to see defs creep in.

Aptus-chart-1024x316.jpg
Yes that's the chart, I just ignore calcium / Cal / mag because looking at this chart I've used it all wrong and it cause more problems,,,,sometimes it takes a while to set in. I also ignore some of the symptoms the lack of cal causes...sometimes it takes a while to sink in....lol.....we old people repeat ourselves too......I bin at promix grows 20+ years....some times.....lol

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Okay...

Now that you have warned us and helped us, can you go one step further and provide some more useful information?

Maybe some breeders names that are listed on some reputable sellers sites, that you recommend. Or, some breeders that sell directly to consumers.

Its one thing to steer us newbie growers from one of the most popular seed sellers out there and another entirely to not provide alternatives.

I used the most popular seed seller out there, based off reviews from many reputable sites, but that doesn't mean anything should the seeds be crap. And I haven't planted any yet and therefore have zero data to observe.

Please share at least three breeders if you would, and three sellers, for the USA. I do not wish to waste another penny on crap. At a minimum it will give me a place to start after I use up the seeds I have in my seed bank. Additionally, I will have some usable data on what I have, once I start using them. And, I will be happy to share the data on those aforementioned seeds, from the "questionable seller".

Thank you so much.
I'm not recommending you buy from this seed seller, but they have quite a variety of breeders you can look into:

I have bought seeds from them. They don't always have the best prices, but they are very reliable.

What kind of weed are you interested in?

For high energy strains, I always recommend people look into Irie Genetics.

There is a breeder who often posts on this site. Look into @Dragonsflame. I have not tried any of his wares yet, but I've seen and heard enough to know that I'll try them. He's got lots of pics on this site.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I'm not recommending you buy from this seed seller, but they have quite a variety of breeders you can look into:

I have bought seeds from them. They don't always have the best prices, but they are very reliable.

There is a breeder who often posts on this site. Look into @Dragonsflame. I have not tried any of his wares yet, but I've seen and heard enough to know that I'll try them. He's got lots of pics on this site.
I’m fixing to pop some of his genetics 🥰 dragonsflame that is…

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Do I try and get that helmet off or give it a day and see if it can do it itself. Looks very tight on there right now 🤢

Drop some water or saliva on the seed shell
Wait 5-10 minutes
Take some tweezers and close them - move them inbetween the shell opening - and just release/open the tweezer. This should "pry" the seed shell open and then you can gently remove the shell AND the membrane that is most likely still stuck on the seedling.

Or just mist it and give it a few days to grow out of it.

Neueregel

Neueregel

can you recommend a strain that is high energy? thanks

K

Kopper1013

Drop some water or saliva on the seed shell
Wait 5-10 minutes
Take some tweezers and close them - move them inbetween the shell opening - and just release/open the tweezer. This should "pry" the seed shell open and then you can gently remove the shell AND the membrane that is most likely still stuck on the seedling.

Or just mist it and give it a few days to grow out of it.
whatever you try to do support the stem or be careful to not pull it out, remember no roots holding it in securely..
mist with water than try to pry apart as mentioned above or a pin etc.. take your time sit down lots of light etc..
Thanks guys!

Do y’all think it’ll be ok till tomorrow afternoon? I’m out tonight till late and up at 4 to head to work, not sure how steady my has will be at 11:30 tonight 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom