CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
flowerdave

flowerdave

Love the property. White birch and willows are scarce these days. People don’t look after them.

Only a few rivers still have willows where I fished. City ones I knew are all chopped. DKW
My Girlfriend planted 3 of these willows 20 years ago. I love them. Plant to the right for scale
3D88F1F3 FD9E 4DF3 91A7 536C787A6ABA
89E1E6D8 A9B9 496C BC0A 76C560C53CA0

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I don't think I'd take a free trip to Mexico these days... though I think it's mostly the border towns that are really bad, and Mexico is a huge country, there must be safe places. We are so due for a vacation. Almost 7 years of shit and stress since my hubs got hurt and lost his job and the spiral that followed... Almost out the other side now and a trip to reset is something we NEED. We Were considering an all inclusive somewhere, but instead might explore the US for possible places to move someday. We've been to Jamaica twice and I'd love to go back there as well, but also want to see somewhere new. If we can swing it, a trip to Europe would be a dream come true... I need to see the Mediterranean before I die dammit.
I wish I could say that Mexico is safe but the state department has designated most of the country as "Do Not Travel". That's enough for me to stay out of there regardless of the beautiful condo my GF has there.

Most of the mayhem is happening not at the southern border but in the states where these cartels are based. The fact that upstarts are trying to slice a bigger piece of the pie is what is instigating the unrest. When I went to Sinaloa to set up a business the main farmers in the area told me that I needed to consider "protection" in my costs unless my partner was connected with them. No thanks!!!

The state of Sinaloa was one of the main areas of weed production. Vera Cruz and southern Mexico are heavily controlled by the cartels since they are the main routes when it comes to moving kilos of cocaine and other drugs. Add in a heavy government corruption culture and you get what's happening today.

OutlawGardener

OutlawGardener

I wasn't sure where to post this, and the thread for general BS and goodwill seemed like as good a place as any, so here we go. I'm new to the forums, and I've been out of touch with the growing community since 2015. A series of floods required me to dismantle my grow room, and I haven't been in a position to set it up again until now.

I'd love some info on reputable and reliable places to obtain seeds, as well as info and recommendations on current strains. Back in the day, autoflowering strains had a reputation for being modest-yielding, low-potency weeds. I understand that has changed; I'm very interested in high-yielding, high-potency autoflowering strains, as that represents a fast track to stash building. All info is appreciated.

I'm retired with a lot of time on my hands, so I was anxious to get started, and I had a shitload of F2 & F3 seeds in my freezer, so I distributed that shitload amongst five 3 gal grow bags for a maiden run in the new grow space.

Grow space: 4ft x 4ft x 6.5ft tent by vivosun
Lighting: 2 Platinum LED P300 300W arrays
Ventilation: 400cfm Apollo Hydro centrifugal fan
Odor control: Inline C filter in the tent, ONA Breeze in the bedroom
Grow medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Nutrients: Jobe's organic tomato food (2-5-3 + 16 species beneficial microbes) added to the grow medium. Botanicare Grow (3-2-4) & Bloom (1-4-5) teas once a week during veg and flowering, respectively.

The baggies were labeled Feb 2010, so I wasn't sure how many seeds would germinate. I was pleasantly surprised when sprouts started popping up right and left. A week after planting, I had a shitload of sprouts. The germ rate was at least 50%. It's now 3 weeks after planting, and I have a shitload of established plants, lol. The hygrometer shows the RH ranges 40% - 48%, and the temp ranges 75º - 77º. This is my first time growing in a tent.....

I'll get some photos up shortly.

flowerdave

flowerdave

is that a pond?
fish in there?
the spot looks perfect!
yep its only a 1/4 acre pond, 20 ft deep in a spot. i stocked it 5 years ago with largemouth bass Going to put some hybrid gills in there this year for variety. i get all sort of goodies from the pond for my compost which i use for my planting spots. the house and pond are in the middle of 13 acres of woods. pretty magical place

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I wasn't sure where to post this, and the thread for general BS and goodwill seemed like as good a place as any, so here we go. I'm new to the forums, and I've been out of touch with the growing community since 2015. A series of floods required me to dismantle my grow room, and I haven't been in a position to set it up again until now.

I'd love some info on reputable and reliable places to obtain seeds, as well as info and recommendations on current strains. Back in the day, autoflowering strains had a reputation for being modest-yielding, low-potency weeds. I understand that has changed; I'm very interested in high-yielding, high-potency autoflowering strains, as that represents a fast track to stash building. All info is appreciated.

I'm retired with a lot of time on my hands, so I was anxious to get started, and I had a shitload of F2 & F3 seeds in my freezer, so I distributed that shitload amongst five 3 gal grow bags for a maiden run in the new grow space.

Nutrients: Jobe's organic tomato food (2-5-3 + 16 species beneficial microbes) added to the grow medium. Botanicare Grow (3-2-4) & Bloom (1-4-5) teas once a week during veg and flowering, respectively.

The baggies were labeled Feb 2010, so I wasn't sure how many seeds would germinate. I was pleasantly surprised when sprouts started popping up right and left. A week after planting, I had a shitload of sprouts. The germ rate was at least 50%. It's now 3 weeks after planting, and I have a shitload of established plants, lol. The hygrometer shows the RH ranges 40% - 48%, and the temp ranges 75º - 77º. This is my first time growing in a tent.....

Welcome @OutlawGardener ! Looking forward to your pics!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Welcome buddy!

I'm also interested in getting into some autos. After this current sea of green is done I want to run autos in my aeroponic setup in a kind of perpetual harvest thing

I'm going to get my autos from Mephisto. Heard they got the best auto genetics, but I'm all ears for other suggestions.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Welcome! You're certainly in the right place and since you have experience you should have no issues adjusting what you know to what you'll need to be successful!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Welcome buddy!

I'm also interested in getting into some autos. After this current sea of green is done I want to run autos in my aeroponic setup in a kind of perpetual harvest thing

I'm going to get my autos from Mephisto. Heard they got the best auto genetics, but I'm all ears for other suggestions.
I can offer you a bit of info on auto flowers. In my opinion, Brother Mendels has top of the line genetics. I have watched this man over the past four years seen countless pics from folks growing his stuff and on the auto side of things am major impressed.
I have grown his reg genetics, solid info, solid product.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Pic one, two plant grow four x four tent. Table top used to trellis.
Pic two, one plant grow four x four tent. Table top used to scrog. Trellis placed nine inches above scrog table to help hold the weight of the buds.
DB88AA19 CD29 4E07 AF67 74951F75E569
ABACBF2E DCF6 46FE 93CD 480F09FA5476

Scrog vs Trellis, here’s the answer.

K

Kopper1013

We’re absolutely island bum’s.
Maybe it’s the cold ass winters here (nothing like you true northerner’s a🤣) but we tend to get our share of snow and cold.
Maybe it’s just in my blood cause that’s what my parents liked so in turn we where taken along for the ride🤷🏼‍♂️
I’ve been fortunate enough to experience (mostly as a kid, thanks mom and dad)
St. Croix
Grand Caymon twice
The Bahamas several times
Jamaica
The keys
Japan (that GIANT island to the west🤣 such a cool trip)

Last night me and the wife book a house in Aruba for our kids first trip out of the country….CANT WAIT!

Tremojem

Tremojem

Welcome Brother!

I am excited to read your diary. I too, am looking forward to trying Autos.

A perpetual grow is my goal as well.

So glad to have you aboard the Mother Ship of Cannibas Forums. Great community here!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Guess what? Most autos still seem to be substandard compared to photos.

There are many reliable seed sellers and an increasing number of worthless hacks. Avoid:
IGLM, though their site has some good information on growing,
Pacific Seed Co.
Crop King.

There are likely more, but these three are well-established hacks, raking in cash from newbie growers.

What these three have in common is that they sell real breeders strains by pollen-chucking the wares of those breeders, then selling them as those strains. The "breeders" of the seeds sold by these companies are anonymous, which is a major red flag. Real cannabis breeders are proud of their creations and take credit.

I advise people to look into breeders, their reputations and the kinds of cannabis they like to work on and see what would be of interest to you, rather than becoming fixated on getting a particular strain or cross. The strain or cross you want may not be available at the time you are buying, from the breeders who work on it.

Sometimes you can buy seeds directly from a breeder, which I like to do when possible. Other legit seed sellers will list the breeders they carry, and you can look at what is available from those breeders. Like other retailers, some are official sellers of a breeders seeds and some are not. Avoid the ones that are not. The breeder's website will normally list the legit sellers of their seeds.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Welcome buddy!

I got Masonic seeds on one of their 5, 12 packs of regs for 50 $ their choice. @Trustfall here and I also run ILGM from some of my growmie's stash, shout out. If you get a chance to upgrade your 300w. leds look and or try a Viparspectra KS 3000 or 5000 they really are breaking ground in led advancement. SSgrower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom