CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSD

TSD

does anyone know what kind of plant this is?
it was one of those living plant/tree things that my wife had given to her when her brother died.
all i know is it won't live in this small pot.
i live in victoria BC so i guess a moderate climate, can she plant it outside?
Looks like either a dwarf umbrella plant or a money tree, which is some kind of chestnut I think... either way, tropical and won't make it unless you're in Florida.

citrus7144

citrus7144

Supporter
does anyone know what kind of plant this is?
it was one of those living plant/tree things that my wife had given to her when her brother died.
all i know is it won't live in this small pot.
i live in victoria BC so i guess a moderate climate, can she plant it outside?
That is a money tree I have one in my dinning room that is about 15 years old. It cool plant

strider26554

strider26554

This place has been homesteaded since 1813 according to the bench pins on the property and a geological survey. I’m actually enjoying the fruits of others labor and I am appreciative. I have added tulip poplars and fruit trees to the melee. Cherry, pear, peach and plums 🙂 I also have blackberries and wild grapes.
I have several species of walnuts on my property, english, and or butternut, theres some local debate as to whether it is the same species as the butternut trees seem to be smaller in stature and produce a much smaller walnut and it wouldnt be west virginia with the old man of the woods around here the black walnut, someone was mentioning earlier about the compound that those trees excrete through the root system to keep other plants from growing under the canopy, some new research is finding that only the young trees excrete the chemical in a strength that actually is a natural herbicide, so when the tree is young it eliminates all competition for the spot it has chosen to sprout up in, therefore laying claim to its own territory. after about twelve to twenty years the new research is finding that levels drop off enough for other species to actually grow there, and also, its own offspring will be able to find a home there, and begin the protection of the domain all over again. nature is an amazing thing, these are the only trees that researchers have found to have this special adaptation in the north american continent., i also am enjoying the long ago attentions of a local arborist/avid gardener, they planted all different types of nut and fruit trees here, there are still apple pear and cherry trees that produce fruit along with red and black raspberry's, strawberries and blackberries that get larger than my thumb, theres also asparagus growing here and several species of jerusalem artichokes, which i cannot seem to eradicate from my garden area completely, near the creek there are thickets elderberry growing near the bunches of mint spearmint and comfrey, and the lilac bushes are huge and will utterly overwhelm the senses at certain times of the year. there are gooseberry trees and mullberry bushes and i think there is a huckleberry tree although exactly what a huckleberry is i have yet to determine. there are several very old and very sick paw paw trees growing here that still produce fruit although i dont see how, i am doing my best to nurture them back to health although the prognosis isnt looking good.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Went hiking yesterday, lost my jacket on the hike down and didn't realize until who knows when. Thankfully I asked a group going up to look out for it, and they found it and turned it in to the ranger station so I was able to get it today. Got to appreciate the kindness from strangers, life is a beautiful thing.

My super cropping journey. It's such a wild feeling that first time you feel that crunch between your fingers when you purposely break the cell walls on your main cola.

This is my first time trying this technique. My aim was to get a more even canopy with multiple plants and limited head room. I think it has been successful enough that I am happy with the results.

Some I broke multiple times to keep them low.

PXL 20230426 220320772
PXL 20230426 221316669
PXL 20230428 221715330

Before healing
PXL 20230426 220325648

After healing, not perfect by far but still very fun and useful.
PXL 20230428 222213899

Neueregel

Neueregel

Went hiking yesterday, lost my jacket on the hike down and didn't realize until who knows when. Thankfully I asked a group going up to look out for it, and they found it and turned it in to the ranger station so I was able to get it today. Got to appreciate the kindness from strangers, life is a beautiful thing.

My super cropping journey. It's such a wild feeling that first time you feel that crunch between your fingers when you purposely break the cell walls on your main cola.

This is my first time trying this technique. My aim was to get a more even canopy with multiple plants and limited head room. I think it has been successful enough that I am happy with the results.

Some I broke multiple times to keep them low.

View attachment 1960011View attachment 1960013View attachment 1960014

Before healingView attachment 1960016
After healing, not perfect by far but still very fun and useful.
View attachment 1960017
i did that super cropping on my first grow. it works great. i liked that video of the super cropping technique by Kyle Kushman

K

Kopper1013

I have several species of walnuts on my property, english, and or butternut, theres some local debate as to whether it is the same species as the butternut trees seem to be smaller in stature and produce a much smaller walnut and it wouldnt be west virginia with the old man of the woods around here the black walnut, someone was mentioning earlier about the compound that those trees excrete through the root system to keep other plants from growing under the canopy, some new research is finding that only the young trees excrete the chemical in a strength that actually is a natural herbicide, so when the tree is young it eliminates all competition for the spot it has chosen to sprout up in, therefore laying claim to its own territory. after about twelve to twenty years the new research is finding that levels drop off enough for other species to actually grow there, and also, its own offspring will be able to find a home there, and begin the protection of the domain all over again. nature is an amazing thing, these are the only trees that researchers have found to have this special adaptation in the north american continent., i also am enjoying the long ago attentions of a local arborist/avid gardener, they planted all different types of nut and fruit trees here, there are still apple pear and cherry trees that produce fruit along with red and black raspberry's, strawberries and blackberries that get larger than my thumb, theres also asparagus growing here and several species of jerusalem artichokes, which i cannot seem to eradicate from my garden area completely, near the creek there are thickets elderberry growing near the bunches of mint spearmint and comfrey, and the lilac bushes are huge and will utterly overwhelm the senses at certain times of the year. there are gooseberry trees and mullberry bushes and i think there is a huckleberry tree although exactly what a huckleberry is i have yet to determine. there are several very old and very sick paw paw trees growing here that still produce fruit although i dont see how, i am doing my best to nurture them back to health although the prognosis isnt looking good.
Wow this place sounds beautiful!!!

I’ve been shopping for paw paw trees for years, I could get little ones pretty easily but I’d like to get two 6-7’ ones so they’re more established. In order for them to fruit I do believe you need two different species

citrus7144

citrus7144

Supporter
Spice is like nothing else for sure.(pretty easy to make)It’s not something you do with others through, it’s a trip of its own and it takes a “special technique “ to blast through the doorway or you just end up playing outside the carnival instead of entering. Definitely an experience like no other! 🥹 . Ayahuasca makes you sick and puking 🤮 is part of the experience if you’re into that, but I prefer smoking spice it’s Way faster like instant as compared to waiting over n hr and no sickness. Another unique experience can be had with Salvia either smoking the leaves or rolling up a wad and sucking on them. 😇 One of the big differences with spice is you completely pass out when/if you cross over (you really want to). WithSalvia you can open and close your eyes during the trip and remain fairly grounded unless of course you really hammer it and go for the pure salvinorin a , then you are GONE…. 🤡
We used to call DMT mummy dust because it tastes like smoking some damn 2000 year old Pharoah. That stuff man I tell you will for sure make your toes curl.
Citrus7144

flowerdave

flowerdave

Wow this place sounds beautiful!!!

I’ve been shopping for paw paw trees for years, I could get little ones pretty easily but I’d like to get two 6-7’ ones so they’re more established. In order for them to fruit I do believe you need two different species
We found a place that grows Paw Paws near us, They really grow slow. They also sell the fruit in the fall. Super yummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom