CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well I hike a lot, that's included in outdoor adventures. I fish occasionally, but I always feel bad for the fish. 🤣 We have nice brown and rainbow trout in our river, but neither of us like trout and catching them for no reason seems pointless. 🤷‍♀️
Trout is delicious, especially lemon pepper rainbow trout. One of my favorite fish to catch and eat. I go up to Crown Point in april and may and fish the Putnam Creek. Ive caught some nice 14-18 inch brown trout and even the occasional 20+ inch steelhead, so much fun, i would trout fish all year if it was possible.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Mornin farm fam!
I got a huge surprise yesterday! I’ve been invited to shoot in the Mo. state championships Sierra Cup! Both on my own merits as well as part of a team. This is truly an honor, and I’m stoked! I won Shooter of the Year and club points made me eligible for this. I’m hoping to give the guys a run for their money! The only female out of eighty competitors… let’s do this!!!

TSD

TSD

Trout is delicious, especially lemon pepper rainbow trout. One of my favorite fish to catch and eat. I go up to Crown Point in april and may and fish the Putnam Creek. Ive caught some nice 14-18 inch brown trout and even the occasional 20+ inch steelhead, so much fun, i would trout fish all year if it was possible.
I'm not really a fish/seafood fan in general, ilI only like white fish and it has to be fried lol.

TSD

TSD

Mornin farm fam!
I got a huge surprise yesterday! I’ve been invited to shoot in the Mo. state championships Sierra Cup! Both on my own merits as well as part of a team. This is truly an honor, and I’m stoked! I won Shooter of the Year and club points made me eligible for this. I’m hoping to give the guys a run for their money! The only female out of eighty competitors… let’s do this!!!
Congrats! That's awesome, go show those boys what a badass granny can do!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Mornin farm fam!
That’s fantastic cg! Best of luck! Not sure when the competition is, but I’m going to smoke a fatty right now for you for good luck just in case

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Used to go to Newcastle for Steel Head. Same river had Rainbow, Brook, Brown & Coho!

Biggest was about 26lbs Coho on 4lbs mono. Took me hours. Walking it like a dog half the time in waders.

I usually release, not big on fish other than Halibut. But trout & salmon I cook for fam.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Mornin farm fam!
Way cool! I’ve never competed but an old riding buddy went up against Don Johnson & won but lost to the Remington or Winchester heiress.

Indoor or outdoor? 3 gun, skeet, plates, or long distance? So many different options these days. The lockdowns killed my enthusiasm.

Best wishes! Take pics!
🎯🍀🤞

K

Kopper1013

Mornin farm fam!
This is awesome!!
What are you shooting? I’m assuming the 600yrd long gun?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I;m the worlds worst fisherman I can't catch fish in a fish farm so I fish down isle 2 comes in a can solid white Tuna...... dolphin friendly in water..... $1.99 on sale....no rods hooks scaling cleaning....salad it up with a bit of mayo on toast....mmm fish sandwich ........lol....

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I;m the worlds worst fisherman I can't catch fish in a fish farm so I fish down isle 2 comes in a can solid white Tuna...... dolphin friendly in water..... $1.99 on sale....no rods hooks scaling cleaning....salad it up with a bit of mayo on toast....mmm fish sandwich ........lol....
Lmao thats to funny man. I like a tuna sandwich here and there, but id rather have a tuna steak. But they're never fresh around here lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lmao thats to funny man. I like a tuna sandwich here and there, but id rather have a tuna steak. But they're never fresh around here lol.
We'll eat Shrimp, & Lobster, I like Crab but my wife not....fish & chips..once a year maybe but nothing overly fishy, squid / octopus as in Calamari with lots of dip and drink to wash it down is good.....even a Mc fish burger once and a while is doable.....

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

We'll eat Shrimp, & Lobster, I like Crab but my wife not....fish & chips..once a year maybe but nothing overly fishy, squid / octopus as in Calamari with lots of dip and drink to wash it down is good.....even a Mc fish burger once and a while is doable.....
I love lobster and crab, shrimp is hit or miss, i like them cold with cocktail sauce, or coconut shrimp.

Ill also eat fried calamari with a dipping sauce, something like the zesty sauce for onion rings from burger king 👑

Im not much on fish sandwiches aside from tuna and mayo on toast..

K

Kopper1013

Well…
I could give up all land dwellers for ocean dwellers😂😂(though In the land dweller category I much rather wild game than farm stock) I can’t get enough seafood in my life nor can I afford to 🤑🤑 but whenever me and the wife get a chance to steal away for a couple hours and a dinner, seafood is always on our menu

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Took me years to try shrimp and work my way up to lobster & crab. Scallops and some muscles. The rest is bait. 😄

Tuna sandwich #1 with crisp lettuce. Salmons okay. Oh, Pickerel/Walleye deep fried. (Melted two deep fryers back in the 90’s.)

Never cared for the rest but the family loves all fish. Calamari, octopus, eel. 🤮

Daughter is on the east coast now and sends cases of crab and salmon each year. Never seem to get the lobster.

Mothman

Mothman

@Garosdog, that was up in Shenandoah Natl Park in Va. Got a wild hair to go see fall color. Got there, no color! But a great day for a ride.
D1160D16 6F3B 4B6E B01B 59C49107A26E

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom