CannaGranny Tell All Successful Scrogging

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I been thinking about doing a scrog in my 3x3 but I don't know what size pot to use and how many plants

electroguy

electroguy

@CannaGranny , do you think I'll do ok with the three gallon fabric pots? They look so good I don't want to transplant them. I'm sure pot size and yield are directly related but I really want to start the scrogg and flip. Maybe 4 plants in a 4 x 4? I will be growing outside also, because I grew too many. Thanks

IMG 20230426 063600429 HDR
IMG 20230426 064529807
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@CannaGranny , do you think I'll do ok with the three gallon fabric pots? They look so good I don't want to transplant them. I'm sure pot size and yield are directly related but I really want to start the scrogg and flip. Maybe 4 plants in a 4 x 4? I will be growing outside also, because I grew too many. Thanks
I see no reason that you can’t. I grew in three gallon pots for a long time. Just make sure you actually get these ladies on scrog and not trellis. Make sure they start out four to nine inches or so taller than your scrog top, place them staggered so you can get to each pot to water.
I pop in in the evenings so if you have questions just tag me and I will answer as soon as I can. Good luck! Let’s Grow!

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I see no reason that you can’t. I grew in three gallon pots for a long time. Just make sure you actually get these ladies on scrog and not trellis. Make sure they start out four to nine inches or so taller than your scrog top, place them staggered so you can get to each pot to water.
I pop in in the evenings so if you have questions just tag me and I will answer as soon as I can. Good luck! Let’s Grow!
whats the difference between a scrog and a trellis ?

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

whats the difference between a scrog and a trellis ?
Big difference, two entirely different methods. A trellis will open the plant and support the weight. It will provide some nice top colas. A scrog, opens the entire plant, and every site on the limb becomes a main cola.
Pic 1, is my scrog table used like a trellis. This is a four by four with two plants. Nice top colas but two plants don’t fill the four by four top. Either one of these plants alone, were they actually scrogged would be capable of filling the entire table like pic 3.
Pic 2, Actual scrog, all limbs pushed below the net. Different table than pics 1 and 2 but added to show you an actual scrogging top being readied for flower.
Pic 3, One plant four by four scrog. Same table as pic 1.
You will see a trellis atop of my table in pic 3, I only place this net when the buds hit nine inches taller than my scrog top and it’s only for support.
6BE15092 4AB2 4048 B3E5 27271D33EB6A
65E2031E D4B4 4B40 91C5 56C1DFF9C084
9BCAE195 FC1F 428E 9274 0C3D226D83D8

Last edited:
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Big difference, two entirely different methods. A trellis will open the plant and support the weight. It will provide some nice top colas. A scrog, opens the entire plant, and every site on the limb becomes a main cola.
Pic 1, is my scrog table used like a trellis. This is a four by four with two plants. Nice top colas but two plants don’t fill the four by four top. Either one of these plants alone, were they actually scrogged would be capable of filling the entire table like pic 3.
Pic 2, Actual scrog, all limbs pushed below the net. Different table than pics 1 and 2 but added to show you an actual scrogging top being readied for flower.
Pic 3, One plant four by four scrog. Same table as pic 1.
You will see a trellis atop of my table in pic 3, I only place this net when the buds hit nine inches taller than my scrog top and it’s only for support.View attachment 1957956View attachment 1957958View attachment 1957959
i understand that i asked because i have a net just like the one in your 3rd pick and its called a trellis net i thought i had the wrong type of net , but it is not the net u use but how you train the plant under the net right ?

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

i understand that i asked because i have a net just like the one in your 3rd pick and its called a trellis net i thought i had the wrong type of net , but it is not the net u use but how you train the plant under the net right ?
I do no plant training, the scrog table top does it all. I do top twice and fim once prior to tabling the plant. If you notice, my table has a heavy wire top. It must be something capable of holding those girls down. When I add a net to my scrog, it just means the Bud is so big and heavy it needs extra support to keep it from falling over 🙂
Make sense?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I LST & HST. If you’re going to SCROG like CannaGranny you need to follow all the steps, from the beginning, or try to match up by the time you SCROG.

Her style the netting DOES the LST for you. You set the table to the hight of the plants and lower on them, tucking as you go. Then let the plants find there way back to the light. You only help a few main branches so you don’t break.

Then check and tuck as daily maintenance.

CG if I’ve over simplified or overstepped please let me know and I’ll get this removed.

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I LST & HST. If you’re going to SCROG like CannaGranny you need to follow all the steps, from the beginning, or try to match up by the time you SCROG.

Her style the netting DOES the LST for you. You set the table to the hight if the plants and lower on them, tucking as you go. Then lest the plants find there way back to the light. You only help a few main branches so you don’t break.

Then check and tuck as daily maintenance.

CG if I’ve over simplified or overstepped please let me know and I’ll get this removed.
Any help, greatly appreciated 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom