CannaGranny Tell All Successful Scrogging

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

This is the difference in scrogging versus free budding/trellising. First pic, two plants, four by four. Using my scrog top as a trellis.
Second pic, one plant four by four scrog, using the scrog top to actually scrog the plant.
0EF77793 84B1 4540 AF78 CD40A5298155
3A54BB10 04B9 4463 BA32 7D872E3FA901

Zombierider

Zombierider

I've been wondering if you can do sativas and indicas in the same grow or is the harvest time difference an issue?
I run tall with short strains, though ideally the more even the tops the better! Not too much of a biggie though, 1-2 feet less light intensity doesnt really count for anything noticeable. Also just supercropping during early/mid flower can really help even things out.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I run tall with short strains, though ideally the more even the tops the better! Not too much of a biggie though, 1-2 feet less light intensity doesnt really count for anything noticeable. Also just supercropping during early/mid flower can really help even things out.
I have actually boosted short round squat indicas up to the table top to flower with sativas too.

electroguy

electroguy

I have actually boosted short round squat indicas up to the table top to flower with sativas too.
That's a good idea. Do you know if anybody has a good thread on acclimating my 18/6 tent plants to late April new mexico sunshine? I put my males out last week, just straight out and they seem fine but I don't want any unpleasantness with the females. 14.5 hrs of sun by the end of the month.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
That's a good idea. Do you know if anybody has a good thread on acclimating my 18/6 tent plants to late April new mexico sunshine? I put my males out last week, just straight out and they seem fine but I don't want any unpleasantness with the females. 14.5 hrs of sun by the end of the month.
I’m an indoor guy, but you could just take one outside for a couple days see how she does and move forward from there……I’m not the sharpest crayon in the toaster oven though. Just a suggestion is all.

electroguy

electroguy

I’m an indoor guy, but you could just take one outside for a couple days see how she does and move forward from there……I’m not the sharpest crayon in the toaster oven though. Just a suggestion is all.
Yeah, it's not like I'm hurting for plants and I have run out of room in the tent. I really wasn't expecting 0% mortality rate on my first run and so far probably 50% female at least. I got a little over zealous in February and I'm paying the price now with overcrowding. I dieing to start my first scrogg but I need room in the tent for maybe 3 plants. 2 sativas and an indica hopefully. Im an indoor virgin and grew just last year for the first time. Thanks for chiming in dull crayon, I really appreciate it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Yeah, it's not like I'm hurting for plants and I have run out of room in the tent. I really wasn't expecting 0% mortality rate on my first run and so far probably 50% female at least. I got a little over zealous in February and I'm paying the price now with overcrowding. I dieing to start my first scrogg but I need room in the tent for maybe 3 plants. 2 sativas and an indica hopefully. Im an indoor virgin and grew just last year for the first time. Thanks for chiming in dull crayon, I really appreciate it.
You bet man, I wish I could do some outdoor stuff where I live, it’s frowned upon here still. Been wanting to try for a while. Either way though, I say it’s worth a shot. And scrogs are 1000% worth the effort. I did a pretty successful one in a 2ft x 4ft in a 15 gallon pot. It gave me just under 10 oz dry. It was fun.

62082621 924A 4C29 81DC 2AC1BC80A3E4
1D5A28FD 2D08 4FD1 ABF0 7C5203C44F3D
33B82378 B237 4201 8EA7 6DB7E4B16218
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
@electroguy harden them off like you would a house plant you were moving outdoors. Start them out in the pots in a Shadey spot and work them up each day to sun by moving them. You should be able to put them anywhere then.
Ahhhh, filtered easy light for a little bit then full blast. Makes sense.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Whats up Cannagranny! Happy 420! That makes sense, boost up the shorties up to the level of the tall ones. Another way I've done is to let the short strain grow taller through the scrog, and keep the stretchy one under it, so it has a head start lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom