• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Argh! I hate waiting...

Mines pretty much hands off other than maybe a few top fans to remove. They all seem to be feeding buds or branches of buds.

Water, feed, cleanup & wait some more.

At least we can SCROG vicariously through you in the interim.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Popped January 7th, so approximately four weeks. 🙂 I will do a second topping here within a few days and fim them prior to flower. I’d say we will be moving into flower within 3 weeks.
Thanks!
I would like to try a SCROG grow the next time around. My past few grows have had a very uneven and inefficient canopy. I planned on following your technique. I've tried to fim two or three times now and had 0 success. Can I get similar results to fimming by topping them a few more times?

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I would like to try a SCROG grow the next time around. My past few grows have had a very uneven and inefficient canopy. I planned on following your technique. I've tried to fim two or three times now and had 0 success. Can I get similar results to fimming by topping them a few more times?
Morning @GuySmiley
I will be adding pics and talking about how to properly fim here in just a couple of weeks. Fimming is an entirely different process than topping. When you fim that top if done properly it goes from one main cola to three able to grow at the same rate. Topping adds limbs and Fimming adds flowers, so different process, different outcome.
74E17506 9EEE 49D6 A01E 82B85C17E2D8
218F0087 259B 4956 9372 B7DC305CD8A5

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

A lot of ppl asking about my scrog table. First off let me tell you, it’s ugly..but the flowers are beautiful 🥰 My scrog table is built out of pvc pipe and four inch fencing atop of it. I have added T connections just before the corner rounds for legs. I have two sets of legs. 18” for the shorter squattier and 24” for the taller more sativa leaning cultivars.
When I go to scrog, I remove the table legs and hang my table top via frogs from the top of my tent. This allows me to lower the top atop of my plants, pushing them down and spreading them open with minimal damage. I then just add the legs and lower her until she is standing on her own.
This helps me in a lot of ways. Minimal damage to the plant, easy to remove so the tent can be cleaned or so I can use a tent for a veg period. Minimal damage when the plant is ready to be harvested and easily stored without using much room.
A proper scrog has some weight to it, to hold those big ladies down.
F1A69598 2525 4B35 B10A 6F30BC5DA3AE
437EC233 6CCD 4557 8577 8CD913AD9A9B
50D68AD9 6455 4FC8 8B0B 05CCF06708D6

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Scrogging vs. Trellsing:
There is a lot to be said about this. Many people put a trellis net atop of their ladies allowing the ladies to grow straight up through the netting, that’s not the general idea behind a scrog. It’s not scrogging at all. That’s trellising your plants.
When you are truly scrogging those limbs are shoved below your table top, exposing all of the nodes along the limbs, not just the main cola. This is why your take triples, all nodes have just become main colas!
I do use a trellis net in conjunction with my scrog top, reserving that until my colas stand nine inches plus and mainly just to keep them standing, kind of a spare support.
If your plant does not look like hell and is as ugly as you have ever seen her, you’re not scrogging! Photos below will show you how ugly it is and what happens within a mere few weeks. Notice that my limbs are shoved below the table? This is a five by five table, fully loaded.
10FF77B7 7EBF 4FD3 9667 7763617A5E46
CEDA560F 8894 47C0 8A01 467A5D9908A6

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Scrogging vs. Trellsing:
There is a lot to be said about this. Many people put a trellis net atop of their ladies allowing the ladies to grow straight up through the netting, that’s not the general idea behind a scrog. It’s not scrogging at all. That’s trellising your plants.
When you are truly scrogging those limbs are shoved below your table top, exposing all of the nodes along the limbs, not just the main cola. This is why your take triples, all nodes have just become main colas!
I do use a trellis net in conjunction with my scrog top, reserving that until my colas stand nine inches plus and mainly just to keep them standing, kind of a spare support.
If your plant does not look like hell and is as ugly as you have ever seen her, you’re not scrogging! Photos below will show you how ugly it is and what happens within a mere few weeks. Notice that my limbs are shoved below the table? This is a five by five table, fully loaded.View attachment 1331003View attachment 1331005
I consider myself to be a scrog purist 😂 finally someone I can agree with on this subject. Just because you throw a net at it dose not mean your scrogging. Don’t get me wrong trellis has its place but I try not to use them at all in my scrog.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I consider myself to be a scrog purist 😂 finally someone I can agree with on this subject. Just because you throw a net at it dose not mean your scrogging. Don’t get me wrong trellis has its place but I try not to use them at all in my scrog.
Once my flowers hit nine plus inches tall, I do add that trellis just to keep them from plopping over! I’m really hoping to drive home that scrog versus trellising point 🥰
Lol at scrog purist, I like that! 😅

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Scrogging vs. Trellsing:
If your plant does not look like hell and is as ugly as you have ever seen her, you’re not scrogging! Photos below will show you how ugly it is and what happens within a mere few weeks. Notice that my limbs are shoved below the table? This is a five by five table, fully loaded.View attachment 1331003View attachment 1331005
AH ha, you found the right lingo to describe my.....Mobile Scrog.......No No its a Mobile Trellis...... I was out of your contest from the beginning.....lol.......I knew there was something wrong with the name of my (Tellis) & my interpretation of a scrog but I couldn't put my finger on it........Thanks for that...I have issues with the English language but that one is on me....

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

AH ha, you found the right lingo to describe my.....Mobile Scrog.......No No its a Mobile Trellis...... I was out of your contest from the beginning.....lol.......I knew there was something wrong with the name of my (Tellis) & my interpretation of a scrog but I couldn't put my finger on it........Thanks for that...I have issues with the English language but that one is on me....
Love it! Mobile scrog 😂 I think you have full command of the English language 🥰

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Once my flowers hit nine plus inches tall, I do add that trellis just to keep them from plopping over! I’m really hoping to drive home that scrog versus trellising point 🥰
Yes that’s part of the issue when scrogging with seeds, you never really know what the stretch is going to be like. My best runs are always when I run clones, they also help when running multiple plants under a scrog.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

A lot of ppl asking about my scrog table. First off let me tell you, it’s ugly..but the flowers are beautiful 🥰 My scrog table is built out of pvc pipe and four inch fencing atop of it. I have added T connections just before the corner rounds for legs. I have two sets of legs. 18” for the shorter squattier and 24” for the taller more sativa leaning cultivars.
When I go to scrog, I remove the table legs and hang my table top via frogs from the top of my tent. This allows me to lower the top atop of my plants, pushing them down and spreading them open with minimal damage. I then just add the legs and lower her until she is standing on her own.
This helps me in a lot of ways. Minimal damage to the plant, easy to remove so the tent can be cleaned or so I can use a tent for a veg period. Minimal damage when the plant is ready to be harvested and easily stored without using much room.
A proper scrog has some weight to it, to hold those big ladies down.
View attachment 1330979View attachment 1330984View attachment 1330989
Have you ever considered using string instead of the wire? I ask because harvesting is a breeze when you just have to cut the string. I just space out screws to the size squares I want and then weave it each run. I have often thought about just cutting the main stalks and then just flipping my frame and hang from the ceiling to dry. I’m also curious why you don’t start training with the scrog screen as soon as possible?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My issues with English are not about the command of it my issues go deeper than that....lol I have a list but I'll start with why do some letters get the silent treatment and others don't? Like K Knight? Knot? Back or is C silent..Sword? WTF whats a sord? exactly so why the Fk a W it would be the same thing without it....Vacuum, llama, traveller in Canada Traveler in the USA...WTF I before E except after C has Fkd me up all my life......Like I said....I have issues.😂

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Have you ever considered using string instead of the wire? I ask because harvesting is a breeze when you just have to cut the string. I just space out screws to the size squares I want and then weave it each run. I have often thought about just cutting the main stalks and then just flipping my frame and hang from the ceiling to dry. I’m also curious why you don’t start training with the scrog screen as soon as possible?
No, I haven’t. I simply lift the top off via the frogs. Not all of my plants are ready at the same time, more so never growing two of the same plants in the same grow. No need to add more things to have to navigate around, I’m not ready for the table until I have topped twice and filmed them, that is my table training. They know what to do with once they have been shoved under that table. 😊

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

My issues with English are not about the command of it my issues go deeper than that....lol I have a list but I'll start with why do some letters get the silent treatment and others don't? Like K Knight? Knot? Back or is C silent..Sword? WTF whats a sord? exactly so why the Fk a W it would be the same thing without it....Vacuum, llama, traveller in Canada Traveler in the USA...WTF I before E except after C has Fkd me up all my life......Like I said....I have issues.😂
I have to agree with every statement you just made! Glad we understand each other 😜

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Second topping at node two on new growth and any other top big enough to top. Will move on to Fimming in about two weeks, maybe sooner these ladies are haulin azz.
Many of you are asking questions about topping again at node two. There is a method to my madness. I have to grow to fit the sizes of my space. So do you!
7F11913E 4EC4 432D B75B 1325C4874A71
It will all make sense to you at the time of tabling. 😊 Remember, we are just prepping our canvas 🙂
This lady right now just at second topping stands 23”. We still need room for this new topping to grow and the Fimming process.
7F73D428 AA8A 4E7B 92C5 D391A10886FC

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Not that it matters to my grow but so I don’t upset the SCROG purists which would my grow be classified as at this point?

I started out scroging then tying and finally bending and pulling back down. Is it still a SCROG or just a trellis now?

Just curious. 🧐

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Not that it matters to my grow but so I don’t upset the SCROG purists which would my grow be classified as at this point?

I started out scroging then tying and finally bending and pulling back down. Is it still a SCROG or just a trellis now?

Just curious. 🧐
Ummm, I’m not reffing that game! Main point of this journal is to teach others to scrog not trellis.
Just for you tho..we could call it a scrogtrelliskinnascrog. 🥰
We are growing flowers up in here, any one gets upset, well they got the same pants to get happy in! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom