Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How long has she been in 12/12 @Milson

you may want to go longer. She is still growing in my opinion. The difference in complexity with a week or two more can be astounding.

Looks wonderful by the way. I dig the black leaves.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
How long has she been in 12/12 @Milson

you may want to go longer. She is still growing in my opinion. The difference in complexity with a week or two more can be astounding.

Looks wonderful by the way. I dig the black leaves.
This is day 64. She is supposed to be an eight week strain.

They have slowed down drinking a lot. I may reconsider tonight though if they have drank more.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is day 64. She is supposed to be an eight week strain.

They have slowed down drinking a lot. I may reconsider tonight though if they have drank more.

no such thing as an exact finish time. Every grow is different. I learned to ignore breeder estimates right away. My 10 week blt’s even 12 sometimes are listed 7.5-8 weeks on petes site. But he feels 70% darkened pistils is done. I dont like the bud before 9.5 and usually go longer.

your flower is where i would start tapering off fertilizer ec. The calyx will still expand out to the ends of those last soft pistils. New trichomes will still grow. I have always thought they come in waves and ripen that way. The way people online describe checking trichomes sounds like you get one set and wait for them to turn. Thats not how they grow. I see waves of them appear those “extra” 2 weeks.

This flower had a couple weeks imo when i took this pic. She has been tapered down to water only and is almost ready now. This is why i dont switch to a high pk bloom nute and give the plants what they seem to need pretty much to the end

45902AA7 348F 437F AE22 F00902437E8D

just my opinion. :-)

dire wolf

dire wolf

Weird crazy coincidences. I was born and raised in NOLA. Man that's brining back some stuff - worked at Reily Chemical @ Decatur and Mandeville in the Marigny when I was in high school. Hugbig fried pies anyone? Had friends in the Bywater. Eating poboys made with french bread right out of the ovens in the back of the Parkway Bakery. So much I miss about that place...
Saw Al Green and Marvin Gaye at the Saenger theater , I think it was during jazz fest around the late 80's , then dinner at commanders palace ....... What great memories of a city

sshz

sshz

Well I emailed to see if they will ship to Canada if I pay..... here's to hoping otherwise I have to wait for the new year. Up here they are about $2100 taxes in for just the light.
Sweet Zombie is just about ready. Very nice dark shade.

View attachment 1060294

TAKE THEM TO AT LEAST 70 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still see some pistils that need to receed.......in another week or so you'll be glad you waited! The first time I grew this I thought they were done, and then when I started trimming I saw a lot of stuff down lower that needed more time. Remember what Soma always said, when you think they are done, give them another week!

Last edited:
_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I love some good when-to-harvest discourse because I’m terrified of losing out on my girls’ potential by harvesting too soon or late. I’m gonna tag all you guys in my thread whenever I start getting the itch in a couple weeks, so you can collectively bully me into letting them reach maturity

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I love some good when-to-harvest discourse because I’m terrified of losing out on my girls’ potential by harvesting too soon or late. I’m gonna tag all you guys in my thread whenever I start getting the itch in a couple weeks, so you can collectively bully me into letting them reach maturity
All you need is good, clear magnification my brother 👍🌱

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
TAKE THEM TO AT LEAST 70 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still see some pistils that need to receed.......in another week or so you'll be glad you waited! The first time I grew this I thought they were done, and then when I started trimming I saw a lot of stuff down lower that needed more time. Remember what Soma always said, when you think they are done, give them another week!
Okay okay I've made it this far. 70 it is!

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

All you need is good, clear magnification my brother 👍🌱

That’s how I’ve known, but I’m seeing more and more often people saying that trichomes alone aren’t the tell-all, that some long running sativas may not have their trichs turn cloudy or amber until after chop. Lots of people saying the overall appearance of the cola will tell you more, by the appearance of the swollen calyxes.

I still stare at my trichomes under magnification, but more indicators to watch for don’t hurt.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That’s how I’ve known, but I’m seeing more and more often people saying that trichomes alone aren’t the tell-all, that some long running sativas may not have their trichs turn cloudy or amber until after chop. Lots of people saying the overall appearance of the cola will tell you more, by the appearance of the swollen calyxes.

I still stare at my trichomes under magnification, but more indicators to watch for don’t hurt.

you wait for the flower to look done then start looking at trichomes is how i do it.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I agree with those that say trichs aren’t the tell-all but looking at them is the best if you had to pick one, I think.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree with those that say trichs aren’t the tell-all but looking at them is the best if you had to pick one, I think.

but you dont pick one and trichomes alone will have you cut way early. When a plant is finishing it has a certain overall appearance. In the weakened end stage the plant will build up even more defenses (trichomes and terpenes) to be able to get pollinated before it dies. So if you cut early you miss layers of trichomes that develop late in the plants life.

beluga

beluga

I kinda look at it like how people use a hygrometer for curing.
It can give you a ballpark gauge while you're getting a feel for things, but nothing gets you quite the right results as your honed senses.

Also a bit of a preference game.
I've had some emergency chop guerilla grows that were some of the best weed I've had, plucked way too early.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I know I’m gonna have to just develop my own feel for this stuff over multiple harvests but I hope I do this one right too in the meanwhile. I like the idea of not checking trichs til I look at her and think she looks ready. I’m slowly realizing my goal is maximum cerebral/meditative effect, so I’ll have to pay close attention to my harvest windows. Maybe even do a few branches per day and use that as a test of sorts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom