Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Just dropped by the hydro store...Mosca was supposed to be there for an event next Saturday! But because flu....cancelled.

Probably a bullet dodged if I'm honest. Seems he's been around a few times though so I will have to keep an eye out.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Kali China getting close...

IMG 20201130 131643434
IMG 20201130 131653530

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So my plants in general look awful for a variety of reasons that I am fixing gradually. The hazes in particular have been as advertised re: nutes and getting cold lol. It will be fine-ish. It's just veg and i am not in a hurry.

However, there is one haze that looks like an NL leaning male (maybe?) and hoo shit is that exciting.

IMG 20201203 214546493 HDR

IMG 20201203 214645266 HDR

Yeah he kind of stands out.
IMG 20201203 214655675

He has gotten same nutes as everyone else but he does not give a shit. It's been like this from the jump.

Seems promising. Obviously I'm assuming it's a guy but i mean. Just look at it.

Normally they say to avoid the big boy but they also say trust yr gut and right now I'm looking hard at him.

Plan is to just flower guys and girls separately but simultaneously, eliminating boys obviously no good for using as a stud (as one does).

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I am taking notes but this is stupid interesting. From one of the scientists responsible for identifying the entourage effect etc..

Now he is working on cannabinoids vs gut biome.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/04J20O7aVHsXOpy9BTXI8l?si=ONOgn0C4Sa6z-wcoOLSAiQ

View attachment 1063580
The way he clarifies what was meant by "entourage effect" is very interesting.

Essentially it's like the chemicals compete to be degraded by the same enzyme and as such when they are present together they can last longer, thereby hitting their target receptors for longer or to different thresholds which produces different effects in the system.

I think.

But it's not like, exactly the same thing as like, synergies in an herbalist sense?

It's the last 10 or so minutes of the podcast.

beluga

beluga

Yeah... gut stuff is the future (and past) of whole-body health.
The enteric nervous system is continually being found to be responsible for much more than we previously thought.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah... gut stuff is the future (and past) of whole-body health.
The enteric nervous system is continually being found to be responsible for much more than we previously thought.
We have more microbe cells than our own cells, right?

I mean

That's worth at least a few "organs" that we have cultivatedohmygoditscomingfullcircle........

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I just had a bowl topped with kief and an espresso shot at quarter to 1 am local

LET'S GO ON A MILSONIAN RANT
WARNING

Okay, so as anyone who has read my previous posts knows, I am very interested in what I call the alpha and omega forces in human consciousness and perhaps the universe.

The alpha force in human consciousness would be edge detection and derivatives thereof i.e. finding a vector for comparison between two points (part of the chair vs not part of the chair), picking a threshold over which it passes from one side of that threshold to the other (it is or is not part of the chair...where does the chair begin and end re: fuzz or whatever the hell), and then grinding that into a categorization that becomes operative or useful (or not!). But it is an edge. I.e. what constitutes where what I call "myself" begins and ends?

And then there is the omega force, which is a determination of density or cohesiveness. I.e. "wow, there sure is a big clump of stuff here" without making any attempt at defining edges. Merely the understanding of density. This would be the part of consciousness that thinks of how solid the chair is, perhaps.

In the universe, I think the alpha force is more or less probability down to a quantum level and the omega force is, more or less, the sum of all the forces in the universe. But edges can also be seen in the flux between forces changing direction across some vector, such as the arc of a ball thrown up in the air and coming back down. That arc is the point of change. It is a true edge from our perception, if not in a universal sense. This unity makes contemplating fire crazy cool but also human consciousness does it and that is dope too.

FOCUS MILSON

Okay so anyway I have been thinking about how out of balance the world is in privileging the alpha force over the omega force but how the omega force is creeping into its rightful place alongside the alpha force in some really cool ways.

The reason to privilege the alpha force is because thinking with clean edges makes it way easier to accomplish things politically, more or less. How much we believe in the group dream of, for instance, our monetary system helps to grease the gears for commerce. We believe in it more or less completely now even though it's just like, a game we all play together. Ya know?

ANYWAY JESUS CHRIST MILSON

So the omega force is creeping in because of probabilities. Now you can watch a sportscast and see the "win probability" emerge and shift as the game plays out, which if you think about it from a conceptual level is like watching our particular universe crisp into focus from all the possible universes in real time. Which is weird.

And machine learning.

How true are things anymore, anyway? You ever sit on a jury and become responsible for reality definition according to a court of law and people going to jail or paying a lot of money? Isn't that weird?

Like, it's true "beyond a reasonable doubt." Not absolutely true. But true enough for our society.

Because we can't be totally sure. Only God (The Alpha and the Omega) Can Judge.

Milson I swear to God get to where this is about cannabis

Okay so I have been thinking about all this talk about how corporate is going to take over having all the good strains and making it chemical and smaller breeders will never compete and stuff.

And then I listen to this guy talking about what he has learned trying to look at it from a scientific (super Alpha overcoding) perspective as opposed to like a probabilistic perspective and it's....you know, he keeps falling back.

Because this is too complex.

Because life is too complex for that.

Things are either going to keep being sanded down or they won't, but I honest to God think that communities like this one will always be competitive in searching for how to best use this plant because the way to go about it is the way the pot community has gone about it in the past (when the government isn't in the midst of being impedientary): experiment and look for densities of cool stuff. Like quite clearly the way we have gone about it is FAR FAR FAR more Omega energy than Alpha energy on this dumb paradigm I set up and I just think that is going to continue to be the most fruitful course because the intersections are most usefully thought of as densities and not just trying to pick the right set of interactions in the machine learning algorithm (i.e. X+Y+Z+XY+XZ+YZ+XYZ where each is the effect separately and together and oh by the way the amount matters and oh by the way there are waaaaaaaaay more permutations than that so have fun).

phew

Okay I know the above is insane and half baked. I could make it more concrete another time maybe if this is enough to make sense of this daydream I had later.

Cool cool.

beluga

beluga

Been wondering where the "come again?" transmissions from planet Milson have been... I've only burnt my tongue on my coffee twice thus, so, I haven't read it yet. But I'm sure it wont let me down.

We have more microbe cells than our own cells, right?

I mean

That's worth at least a few "organs" that we have cultivatedohmygoditscomingfullcircle........
Yeah, I think you're getting it.
It's 10 : 1, them to us.
But.. at what point can you draw the line between "us" and "them"?
And who's really driving the functions?

beluga

beluga

View attachment 1063598
Okay, so as anyone who has read my previous posts knows, I am very interested in what I call the alpha and omega forces in human consciousness and perhaps the universe.

The alpha force in human consciousness would be edge detection and derivatives thereof i.e. finding a vector for comparison between two points (part of the chair vs not part of the chair), picking a threshold over which it passes from one side of that threshold to the other (it is or is not part of the chair...where does the chair begin and end re: fuzz or whatever the hell), and then grinding that into a categorization that becomes operative or useful (or not!). But it is an edge. I.e. what constitutes where what I call "myself" begins and ends?

And then there is the omega force, which is a determination of density or cohesiveness. I.e. "wow, there sure is a big clump of stuff here" without making any attempt at defining edges. Merely the understanding of density. This would be the part of consciousness that thinks of how solid the chair is, perhaps.

In the universe, I think the alpha force is more or less probability down to a quantum level and the omega force is, more or less, the sum of all the forces in the universe. But edges can also be seen in the flux between forces changing direction across some vector, such as the arc of a ball thrown up in the air and coming back down. That arc is the point of change. It is a true edge from our perception, if not in a universal sense. This unity makes contemplating fire crazy cool but also human consciousness does it and that is dope too.

FOCUS MILSON

Okay so anyway I have been thinking about how out of balance the world is in privileging the alpha force over the omega force but how the omega force is creeping into its rightful place alongside the alpha force in some really cool ways.

The reason to privilege the alpha force is because thinking with clean edges makes it way easier to accomplish things politically, more or less. How much we believe in the group dream of, for instance, our monetary system helps to grease the gears for commerce. We believe in it more or less completely now even though it's just like, a game we all play together. Ya know?

ANYWAY JESUS CHRIST MILSON

So the omega force is creeping in because of probabilities. Now you can watch a sportscast and see the "win probability" emerge and shift as the game plays out, which if you think about it from a conceptual level is like watching our particular universe crisp into focus from all the possible universes in real time. Which is weird.

And machine learning.

How true are things anymore, anyway? You ever sit on a jury and become responsible for reality definition according to a court of law and people going to jail or paying a lot of money? Isn't that weird?

Like, it's true "beyond a reasonable doubt." Not absolutely true. But true enough for our society.

Because we can't be totally sure. Only God (The Alpha and the Omega) Can Judge.

Milson I swear to God get to where this is about cannabis

Okay so I have been thinking about all this talk about how corporate is going to take over having all the good strains and making it chemical and smaller breeders will never compete and stuff.

And then I listen to this guy talking about what he has learned trying to look at it from a scientific (super Alpha overcoding) perspective as opposed to like a probabilistic perspective and it's....you know, he keeps falling back.

Because this is too complex.

Because life is too complex for that.

Things are either going to keep being sanded down or they won't, but I honest to God think that communities like this one will always be competitive in searching for how to best use this plant because the way to go about it is the way the pot community has gone about it in the past (when the government isn't in the midst of being impedientary): experiment and look for densities of cool stuff. Like quite clearly the way we have gone about it is FAR FAR FAR more Omega energy than Alpha energy on this dumb paradigm I set up and I just think that is going to continue to be the most fruitful course because the intersections are most usefully thought of as densities and not just trying to pick the right set of interactions in the machine learning algorithm (i.e. X+Y+Z+XY+XZ+YZ+XYZ where each is the effect separately and together and oh by the way the amount matters and oh by the way there are waaaaaaaaay more permutations than that so have fun).

phew

Okay I know the above is insane and half baked. I could make it more concrete another time maybe if this is enough to make sense of this daydream I had later.

Cool cool.
The subculture subsists.

You can't keep humans from tinkering and looking. From stowing things away. From having trinkets and memorabilia and secret stashes.
You can kill them in hoards searching for something to de/oppress them of and still, they'll find a way to keep that thing.
Our heart (and gut) keeps that Alpha shit from getting too carried away.

Put up a fence and we will, assuredly, hop that shit.
If there's a viscous dog on the other side, we'll bring a steak.
If there are cameras, we'll screen them.
We'll go underground if need be.
Subterranean.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The subculture subsists.

You can't keep humans from tinkering and looking. From stowing things away. From having trinkets and memorabilia and secret stashes.
You can kill them in hoards searching for something to de/oppress them of and still, they'll find a way to keep that thing.
Our heart (and gut) keeps that Alpha shit from getting too carried away.

Put up a fence and we will, assuredly, hop that shit.
If there's a viscous dog on the other side, we'll bring a steak.
If there are cameras, we'll screen them.
We'll go underground if need be.
Subterranean.

Have you guys ever dove into the Sumerian texts? In order to understand purpose, one must understand origin?

beluga

beluga

Not I. I know of Gilgamesh and cuneiform and some of their history. Otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Have you guys ever dove into the Sumerian texts? In order to understand purpose, one must understand origin?
No but it sounds like Snow Crash what is it I love ancient stuff the Upanishads are so far my pure Good Good.

Top Bottom