• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The subculture subsists.

You can't keep humans from tinkering and looking. From stowing things away. From having trinkets and memorabilia and secret stashes.
You can kill them in hoards searching for something to de/oppress them of and still, they'll find a way to keep that thing.
Our heart (and gut) keeps that Alpha shit from getting too carried away.

Put up a fence and we will, assuredly, hop that shit.
If there's a viscous dog on the other side, we'll bring a steak.
If there are cameras, we'll screen them.
We'll go underground if need be.
Subterranean.
Mongols coming

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Mongols coming
What i failed to get at last night was that scientists have known about this uncertainty and it's the way their findings are disseminated into popular consciousness that's the problem.

People think that's getting tighter.

I.....disagree.

It's been maxed out and is on the way to a correction.

Truth is edge detection is always about waves crashing omega energy style and on a quantum level that's maybe between universes and on a personal level it can be found in every instant we tumble into. The derivative crosses zero. That's an edge.

You can keep zooming in on the chair and never decide exactly where the edge is. Sorites: what's a pile? One grain of sand? Two? Three? Tell me when.

But it's not language with its referentiality that's the prob. The prob is the inherent dullness of sensory reality vs Truth.

We made truth machines (binary computers) and have just about found the limit to their power. Turns out it's less than absolute.

Like Godel innit?

Also pls that podcast is so good.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What i failed to get at last night was that scientists have known about this uncertainty and it's the way their findings are disseminated into popular consciousness that's the problem.

I.....disagree.

Truth is edge detection is always about waves creating omega energy style and on a quantum level that's maybe between universes and on a personal level it can be found in every instant we tumble into. The derivative crosses zero. That's an edge.

You can keep zooming in on the chair and never decide exactly where the edge is.

We made truth machines (binary computers) and have just about found the limit to their power. Turns out it's less than absolute.

Like Godel innit.
Also Deleuze and Guitarri write about this in a really cool way.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
No but it sounds like Snow Crash what is it I love ancient stuff the Upanishads are so far my pure Good Good.

It's about our true origin imo. 20,000+ year old tablets (confirmed). They layout the history of the ancient Gods, give a version of creationism which appears to be that upon which the modern religions were VERY loosely based, and answers a lot of freaking questions about who we are and why we are here. Pretty amazing stuff if you dig in.

beluga

beluga

I.....disagree.

Truth is edge detection is always about waves creating omega energy style and on a quantum level that's maybe between universes and on a personal level it can be found in every instant we tumble into. The derivative crosses zero. That's an edge.

You can keep zooming in on the chair and never decide exactly where the edge is. Sorites: what's a pile? One grain of sand? Two? Three? Tell me when.

But it's not language with its referentiality that's the prob. The prob is the inherent dullness of sensory reality vs Truth.

Like Godel innit?

Also pls that podcast is so good.

That's a hard bargain for me to believe as having a scientific principle... if I'm understanding correctly.
I mean... until there becomes a science of the psyche. Which, I know it's theoretically possible. But it seems a very 'counting grains of sand on a beach and each grain is actually an apple but also democracy and your first dog as your memory perceives her and it was actually a cat'... type of thing.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That's a hard bargain for me to believe as having a scientific principle... if I'm understanding correctly.
I mean... until there becomes a science of the psyche. Which, I know it's theoretically possible. But it seems a very 'counting grains of sand on a beach and each grain is actually an apple but also democracy and your first dog as your memory perceives her and it was actually a cat'... type of thing.
Sorry what bargain

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Oh if you like strain origin conversations then this is rambly but cool. They talk a lot about chemdog, super skunk, diesel, and headband.

Screenshot 20201204 091836

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4Lx8VONRKinHBEkZgiETHm?si=bd4bwQz_R4eGv0VS_cd2oA

beluga

beluga

Sorry what bargain
I don't think I know where to assign that "scientists have known" statement, so I was blanketing it over whole of the alpha/omega concept describing that kind of analytical/abstract way of thinking and describing existence.
I think we're still so infantile in our understanding of everything that we're still designating meaning and mathematics to our fantasies. And we're also so advanced that we're finding that there's really not too much distinguishing fantasy and reality.

My brain's going zip zap zornk right now... I think I'm running on a misunderstanding.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I don't think I know where to assign that "scientists have known" statement, so I was blanketing it over whole of the alpha/omega concept describing that kind of analytical/abstract way of thinking and describing existence.
I think we're still so infantile in our understanding of everything that we're still designating meaning and mathematics to our fantasies. And we're also so advanced that we're finding that there's really not too much distinguishing fantasy and reality.

My brain's going zip zap zornk right now... I think I'm running on a misunderstanding.
Ah. I just mean scientists are often much more careful about their results than the way their results get used would suggest.

I mean think of side effects vs weeds lolol.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

And no i think i see what yr saying.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Alpha/omega, fantasy/reality, 0/1, just naming something, are these not all essentially the same operation?

I think this is were we are. It's all just a fun game.
Blind Men Elephant

beluga

beluga

I just mean scientists are often much more careful about their results than the way their results get used would suggest.
Oh! 🧠🙃➿🙂
Yeah, for sure. That's why you always see shit like "Coffee's bad for you!" / "Actually coffee is pretty good in moderation" / "You should probably drink a pot a day to really see the benefits from coffee, otherwise it's bad for you!"
Scientific journalism is dangerously incompetent and motivated way too often.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Oh! 🧠🙃➿🙂
Yeah, for sure. That's why you always see shit like "Coffee's bad for you!" / "Actually coffee is pretty good in moderation" / "You should probably drink a pot a day to really see the benefits from coffee, otherwise it's bad for you!"
This message was brought to you by the National Coffee Association.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Oh! 🧠🙃➿🙂
Idk how exactly to fix the problem (there are well-intentioned people who try really hard and do good work but still have people run with their stuff) but I am pretty sure the problem is there.

Like the entourage effect is an example.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Maybe? Idk I am pretty dumb and have no idea how much sense i am making or can make other than to myself. But I agree what you said feels resonant.
You're certainly not dumb. I know I make perfect sense to me, but that's where I draw the line. I was just sharing an observation, which I have no attachment to, nor do I need to debate or defend, because to me it would be folly. I have gotten to the point where I choose to believe this or that, but can't prove anything about my beliefs - they might not even be "mine", lol. When it comes to intangibles (that's a whole nother can of worms), I see my beliefs as choices, e.g. I believe in aliens and UFOs because that makes my world more interesting to me. I have no proof either way of their existence.

Don't get me wrong. I'm typically onboard with most of the conventional consensus reality stuff, e.g. I don't think the earth is flat and I believe in flu. It's just that I can go form zero to down the rabbit hole in about three seconds. I had driven myself crazy with things like metaphysics and epistemology at a very early age - many years before I even had heard those words. Even trying to verbalize this short piece, I struggle tremendously, triple guessing myself all along the way. And no, I'm not even high yet, lol. I have been having to do far too much adulting lately...

beluga

beluga

Idk how exactly to fix the problem (there are well-intentioned people who try really hard and do good work but still have people run with their stuff) but I am pretty sure the problem is there.

Like the entourage effect is an example.
We're kind of fixing the problem slowly by giving people access to more and more tools to be able to make their own decisions based on the data collected in studies.
Now the general public can be like, "Well, ACKTShuAllly....🧐" in response to what scientists and scholars have chosen as pertinent data. Which just skews the whole thing that much more. But also serves as a system of checks and balances.
It's the naivety of the individual and subsequent group that makes bunk journalism go rampant. Buzzwords and a pretty cover will more often than not stick with people than will arduously thorough experimentation and data collection.
Then, at least in biology, there's the bioindividuality of it all... Biology is a messy splooge bag of secretions, mucouses, and goops... trying to make a system of it is a tall fjorkin' order.

Top Bottom