Carbon filters. What are you using and why?

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Im a visual learner. Maybe this will help.

Side note: the setup on the bottom right should be switched... filter before the fan!!!
I wouldn't use either bottom pic, that's pushing not pulling

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

@CF89 for the win. I was reading your post and was like huh. But then you came through with the visual side. My man that helped out so much more. Super appreciate that.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Well I just bought the ac infinity with the digital controls so when I hook it up I wanna make sure it's all right and working as it should to control temp and humidity. I'm literally like 3 days from seeds popping but my immediate concern is temp and humidity. Smell is a little was down the road. Although they are autos so not to far.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This is what i said before without the filter with the fan on the roof of a 2x2..but so easy to add the filter. Im not sure it makes sense to hang it vertically though unless that's the only way to fit your light with it. They're HEAVY! It would have to be secured super well.
20200927 202815
20200927 202804

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
So you just have your inline fan sitting on top of your top port? No carbon filter?
Right now it's a mom/veg space so yeah no filter. It vents directly outside with little smell.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Right now it's a mom/veg space so yeah no filter. It vents directly outside with little smell.

Got cha. I'm wondering if I even need the filter at the moment then. I mean I just have seedlings, need to control the humidity and temp. I also heard humidity can lower the life of the carbon filter too. Maybe start with the fan like you and once a need to the filter comes around grab one then.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Got cha. I'm wondering if I even need the filter at the moment then. I mean I just have seedlings, need to control the humidity and temp. I also heard humidity can lower the life of the carbon filter too. Maybe start with the fan like you and once a need to the filter comes around grab one then.
Exactly, my 2x2 is like 80° and 70% rh all the time. If you're going to flower in it and smell is an issue, just get it now and save the headache. Any accelerated decline from humidity will take a few grows at least and hopefully pay for a replacement. Also it was mentioned before you can "cook" them...basically evaporate them super dry again to extend the life

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Exactly, my 2x2 is like 80° and 70% rh all the time. If you're going to flower in it and smell is an issue, just get it now and save the headache. Any accelerated decline from humidity will take a few grows at least and hopefully pay for a replacement. Also it was mentioned before you can "cook" them...basically evaporate them super dry again to extend the life
That sounds like a whole new thread to start. Lol

Growingfather

Growingfather

Anyone using ac infinity? Curious how quiet or loud they are.
Ac infinity is probably the quietest in-line fan on the market I have the 4in and the 8 in ,the 4in is quiet till u get to about 8 on the settings on lower setting doesn’t pull that much air. But the 8in is pretty loud I have my tent in the living room and have to keep it on the 3rd setting cause my kids complain about the noise if I put it on a higher setting but it pull a good amount of air. My suggestion is get the bigger unit and turn it low. I wish I knew that before I bought the 4 in

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Ac infinity is probably the quietest in-line fan on the market I have the 4in and the 8 in ,the 4in is quiet till u get to about 8 on the settings on lower setting doesn’t pull that much air. But the 8in is pretty loud I have my tent in the living room and have to keep it on the 3rd setting cause my kids complain about the noise if I put it on a higher setting but it pull a good amount of air. My suggestion is get the bigger unit and turn it low. I wish I knew that before I bought the 4 in
Already on it's way. I got the one with the digital controller. You have that one as well?

Top Bottom