Caregivers...Get Ready to Register Your Grow Site and Pass Inspection!

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

canaguy27

As reported in this month's issue of Mile Hi MMJ Patient Magazine, Caregivers will have to register with the State, pass inspections, and open their doors to police. You can thank JOSH STANLEY of Budding Health and the other MMIG MMCs for this bullshit. This applies to ALL CAREGIVERS!

Here is the excerpt from HB 1043 which will pass this Wednesday:

(7) Primary caregivers. (e) A PRIMARY CAREGIVER WHO CULTIVATES MEDICAL MARIJUANA FOR HIS OR HER PATIENTS SHALL REGISTER THE LOCATION OF HIS OR HER CULTIVATION OPERATION WITH THE STATE MEDICAL MARIJUANA LICENSING AUTHORITY AND PROVIDE THE REGISTRATION IDENTIFICATION NUMBER OF EACH PATIENT TO THE STATE LICENSING AUTHORITY. THE STATE LICENSING AUTHORITY SHALL PROVIDE THE LOCATION OF A PRIMARY CAREGIVER CULTIVATION OPERATION TO A LOCAL GOVERNMENT OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY UPON REQUEST. THE LOCATION OF THE CULTIVATION OPERATION SHALL COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS, RULES, OR REGULATIONS.

BOYCOTT BUDDING HEALTH AND ALL MMIG MMCs
Here is info on MMIG. Just look for the sticker in the window and run.

R

RMCG

Are you 100% sure? That 'excerpt' is just above the 'new' licensing verbiage, one of which is the 'caregiver' license, which pertains ONLY to caregivers that have a waiver for more than 5 patients.

M

Mr Dank

Josh Stanley seems to always be the blame for all new regulations. One of my friends is friends with him, and every time I mention how he is blamed for a lot of the new regulations, my friend defends him and says that the lawmakers are to blame, and Josh Stanley is the one fighting to make it not so harsh

who knows

D

DoobyScoo

Who knows.
OC controls the politicians, too.
Corps (er...same as OC?) control them too.

But I do no that there were no Coloradans for Medical Marijuana Reformation, no real ones at least. Just Californians.
But they been fighting this war longer than us, maybe God has a plan for us? (Battlestar Galactica, anyone?)

All I know is how the model worked in Cali.
Geographic monopolies.
Q: What were the first laws?
A: Zoning laws.

P.S. Anyone see Maryland may be getting Medical?
Guess who resides there.
Otsuka Pharmaceuticals.
Sativex anyone?

true grit

true grit

Not sure if anyone has renewed recently, but on the form it now has 3 sections to choose from for growing-

1. self
2. caregiver- name, location
3. self caregive- name and location

i was pretty surprised to see the 3rd one.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
These will still only be permitting and ordinance issues, no criminal actions at all, it is all with the DOR. The police are basicall, their cotract stormtroopers because they are legal peace officers and can enter your residence without to much fuss. It is basically just another revenue stream for the department of revenue both in permitting and enforcement.

I think it says caregiver up to 5 patients or 25 plants require registration with the state. The state claims this only effects about 1200 people total that are currently in the system with registered patients.

Your better off right now just having your actual doctors recommendation on hand for yourself and your patients and don't even persue your state cards at all IMO. If a local cop comes in your place the doctors recommendations do everthing they need to in the eyes of the local popo and if your playing by the rules your still only lookin at 32 plants total and that doesn't even come close to rising to the threshold to persue criminal charges. The threshold for local law inforcement for referal for procecution at federal level doesn't kick in till you hit 1000 plants, not the pervebial 100 plants anymore. Been there done that, sat in a few rooms with da's and cops and that is how it goes these days in Colorado.

I honestly think you are better off just gettin a high plant count for yourself, carry no patients and keep on keepin on, way bigger retarded fish out there to fry

Tex

true grit

true grit

Your better off right now just having your actual doctors recommendation on hand for yourself and your patients and don't even persue your state cards at all IMO. If a local cop comes in your place the doctors recommendations do everthing they need to in the eyes of the local popo and if your playing by the rules your still only lookin at 32 plants total and that doesn't even come close to rising to the threshold to persue criminal charges. The threshold for local law inforcement for referal for procecution at federal level doesn't kick in till you hit 1000 plants, not the pervebial 100 plants anymore. Been there done that, sat in a few rooms with da's and cops and that is how it goes these days in Colorado.

I honestly think you are better off just gettin a high plant count for yourself, carry no patients and keep on keepin on, way bigger retarded fish out there to fry

Tex

Ding ding ding....glad you said it.

C

canaguy27

Are you 100% sure? That 'excerpt' is just above the 'new' licensing verbiage, one of which is the 'caregiver' license, which pertains ONLY to caregivers that have a waiver for more than 5 patients.

The way I read it, it applies to all. It does not say a "licensed caregiver" etc. It just says "primary caregiver."

C

canaguy27

Josh Stanley seems to always be the blame for all new regulations.

Have you been to the capitol during these hearings? He is there WITH HIS LOBBYISTS, talking into the legislature's ears. Think motive, who benefits from this? This will scare caregivers and drive people to MMCs.

I also have audio recording of him testifying at the 1284 hearing to calling the police on growers who came in with product pre 1284. I have also talked with him and talked to many who know him. He is also charging $120-$150 for ozs attacking the other MMCs. Do you need any more proof on why he is a douche?

S

SoCoMMJ

Ding ding ding....glad you said it.

Just make sure that you understand the difference between an exception to the law[with red card and change form] or an affirmative defense with just a doctors rec.

One forces LEO to walk, the other can cost up to $20k fighting felony cultivation/possession charges...and worse if you lose in court.

Granted the whole state shitbag of regulations and registrations go far beyond sucking balls, but there is some legal protection offered.

C

ClearWater

Thanks so much for that post Texas Kid, much appreciated

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Let me just start by saying. It wasn't me. I did not do it. They did it. And no I am not joking.

That being said you all are wrong so far in yr descriptions on the CG registry, imo.

CG registry will be 4 all CG's. However, CG database is verification only.

There will be a extended plant count CG license that seems to fall under the same legal requirements as all other MMJ businesses (i.e. residency rule, no drug felony w/i 5 yrs, no out of state investment, etc..). IMO.

Furthermore 1043 states all CGs must comply w/ all local zoning laws. IMO, this is bad because even if you have a need for a 30+ plant count zoning laws can keep you as low as 6 total.

Really this is resulting from the fact that the stoner's did not mobilize or motivate to do something. Surprise.

Is the end product something that we all can live with? Yes, very likely.

Dorje

Dorje

Tex

Probably true. 1284 did legitimize dr's recs for increased plant count. Unless they catch you selling on the BM I doubt they are going to challenge you for it. I actually haven't heard of ANYONE being challenged for it so far...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Just make sure that you understand the difference between an exception to the law[with red card and change form] or an affirmative defense with just a doctors rec.

One forces LEO to walk, the other can cost up to $20k fighting felony cultivation/possession charges...and worse if you lose in court.

In practical application this just isn't true...

From direct personal , indirect, and repeated experience with this exact thing, I found no difference in the two, the red card or paperwork, and actually the doctors paperwork carried alot more wieght in the field while I was dancin than the cards did. No jail, no hassle other than alot of talkin to the officials, no nothin other than a few heart beat skips. The police have no discretion to persue charges against medical patients, meaning they don't, only the DA'a in the respective counties and they are not going after anybody at all for the most part, that doesn't meet the federal threshold, again this is my personal experience and what I have had direct contact with officials about.

Believe me when i tell ya, you would have shit your pants and shit again if you saw what I had to walk them through at multiple setups...I have danced through the fire so to speak and it was no big deal..

Have your paperwork and have alot to talk about and it helps being a little older, they have a hard on for youngsters for real..

Tex

S

SoCoMMJ

In practical application this just isn't true...

Maybe it depends on where you live. Here in CoSprigns we are $20k+ into fighting a fully papered grow when we were caregivers for +/- 25 patients.

The DA down here is known to hate anything MMJ and refuses to drop charges.

It telling it like it is. If you have an encounter, you want all the paper you can get. Less isn't always better.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
25 patients and their respective plant counts isn't exactly what I am talkin about since that scenario doesn't exist with the law changes currenly on the books. Im talkin about the current allowed 5 patient/36 plant. If you stay relatively close to that guidline your probably golden.

The DA's up here in the north said they were lookin for aggregous violations to prosecute

It sucks your fightin with the DA down there, I know of a couple real big big cases down there, that have not gone anywhere, no formal charges, no siezures, no nothing, so there must really be some selective procecution goin on down there.

Just keep i mind that private caregivers are the small fish in the shark tank right now and forever as long as there are despensaries/mmj industry professionals out there with thier applications and asset list on file with the state. Those make much better targets to shake down than a guy blowin out a pound or two out of his basement that has no money and no assets.

IMO if you are outside the formal MMJ industry you are in a much better position today than ever as far as security, quality, profit potiential, peace of mind etc...alot easier to turn into a ghost as well when needed.

Tex

S

SoCoMMJ

Im talkin about the current allowed 5 patient/36 plant. If you stay relatively close to that guidline your probably golden.

It sucks your fightin with the DA down there, I know of a couple real big big cases down there, that have not gone anywhere, no formal charges, no siezures, no nothing, so there must really be some selective procecution goin on down there.

This was pre HB10-1284 when counts were higher.

36, 99, whatever, it's a bazillion dollars worth of weed either way in the eyes off LEO. I vote have papers. It's a ~slightly~ better defense. At least a jury would buy it.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

If you are going to "paper up" make sure you include a copy of the Colorado Constitution, specifically Article 18, Section 14, in those papers...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That is one of the problems, pre 1284 still had the 5 patient limits in place by the language of AM20, the 5 patient limit was challenged by attorneys and in most cases won out but the ammendment never changed, at least I don't remember a statewide ellection to change the language of our constitution, and now they have just reintroduced real specific language about patient limits and plant count in HB1043 to mirror the original intention/spirit of AM20.

The $20 bucks they get from 1200 caregivers statewide isn't the windfall, it's the shakedown of those 1200 permit holders to stay in compliance...fees, fines, and sanctions make alot more money for them. Plus by being a registered caregiver with the state and probably having to get a susequent tax permit, you will now be chattin with the IRS immediately to see if your cheatin them outta money...hmmmm lets say 5 patients, we think you made 100k last year off them and your efforts and if you don't think the IRS will not just make up a number for income and sales tax you haven't delt with the IRS that much at all.

I don't even get worked up about it at all anymore, I grew for 15 years under the radar ina a state that will bury you under the jail for weed and never even had a slight issue so becoming a ghost ina med state is like runnin to get a gallon of milk and if you think your doin it big, they're 5 guys on your block doin it bigger just be smart.

Tex

Top Bottom