Caregivers...Get Ready to Register Your Grow Site and Pass Inspection!

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eyecandi

eyecandi

Kinda makes ya wonder WHERE they will get all this $$$ to implement and operate such an intrusive program..doesn't it?

from an IT perspective, setting up the camera system infrastructure alone is going to cost millions on the DOR end. a 16cam system eats up enough bandwidth as it is, now add several hundred systems feeding into one centralized monitor system ..... and the labor/time involved ....

since they already stole $9mill out of the DOR MMJ funds all the licensing produced, where will they come up with the $$ to implement it now? especially in this economy of deep budget cuts?

sky high

sky high

The Centers will bear the cost and pass it on to the patients who shop there.

OK...those that have the bank to do so. The others...dunno.

shades of Winston Smith.....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
This is the summary statement from HB1043 -

A primary caregiver cultivation license, which gives a

primary caregiver who has received a waiver to serve more

than 5 patients or who grows more than 30 plants at a time

the authority to grow medical marijuana only for his or her

patients or for the patients of another primary caregiver, if

the licensee has been delegated authority over the patients.

It's the more than 30 plants at one time that's the kicker IMO

Tex

D

DoobyScoo

Once the Doctors started signing scripts, it was all over for the haters.

Remember, it is the doctors that make this all possible.
We have a Constitutional RIGHT!

But it really comes down to the fact that most Politicians are JUNKIES and their drug of choice is MONEY.
They don't care how/where they get it. They need their fix.
Look how quickly they take from the registry/mmc fees.

Thank God we have TABOR in this state.

Hans Brix, oohh noo.
Inspect That!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXQ8unERVTE
:harvest:

R

redearth

City of Wheat Ridge New Primary Caregiver Ordinance

Hello all. Been reading through this thread this morning and wanted to make people aware of new ordinance regarding primary caregivers in Wheat Ridge,CO. and get opinions. Is this even legal regarding confidentiality of registry? This info will be made PUBLIC RECORD in city of wheat ridge.
This is straight off their website this morning.
u are here: Home > Departments > Administrative Services > Tax & Licensing > Medical Marijuana Primary Caregivers
Medical Marijuana Primary Caregivers
Who Must License
Anyone producing, offering selling or growing medical-marijuana as a primary caregiver for someone other than themself or a family member living in their household must obtain the city Primary Caregiver License as established in Division 3, section 11-320 of the Wheat Ridge Medical Marijuana Ordinance 1479 (MEDMO). Colorado law limits primary caregivers to five patients. Currently, the state has not implemented a primary caregiver licensing program; please leave that section blank on the application.

Primary caregivers in Wheat Ridge must apply for the City license beginning April 1, 2011.

Fees
There is no additional fee for the primary caregiver license, but the business/tax license fee will apply to primary caregivers of anyone who is not a household family member because providing primary care is a business activity. The business/tax license fee is $20 per calendar year.

The Primary Caregiver Licensing Package is now available.

About MEDMO
The City Council passed the Wheat Ridge Medical Marijuana Ordinance (MEDMO), on March 14, 2011 by a unanimous vote of the six members present. Ordinance 1479 became effective on April 1, 2011. The ordinance may be viewed at the Laserfiche Weblink and once codified also on Municode.

Division 3, beginning with code section 11-320 applies to primary caregivers.

Questions? Answers!
Q: Do I need a City license to provide medical marijuana primary care to a related household member?
A: No. The requirement applies only to caregivers providing care for non-family-members and non-resident family members.

Q: Do I need a City license to provide medical marijuana primary care to relatives who don't live with me?
A: Yes.

Q: What does the license cost?
A: The fee is only the business licensing fee of $20 per year.

Q: Do I need to render fingerprints and a photo for a primary caregiver license?
A: Not at this time, although it is possible it may be mandated in the future if it's reasonably determined necessary to protect public health, safety and welfare.

Q: Are medical marijuana products taxable?
A: Yes; if delivery is made in Wheat Ridge of product of any kind such as pure herb, smoking or vaporization, oils, food items or so forth, they're taxable. The tax must be added to the price of the medicine. If the nature of the sale is one where the medicine is a small part of a service (think of a painter and paint), the tax is paid by the caregiver based on the value of the medicine.

Q: What is the tax rate?
A: The City tax rate is 3%.

Q: How often must tax be paid to the City?
A: Yearly. Primary caregivers, with their limited scope of five patients are deemed to fall within the allowance for yearly filing.

Q: That seems complicated, how can I do that?
A: The Tax Division offers personalized assistance to all. Simply call, email or visit us. The Tax & Licensing web page also provides comprehensive information 24 hours a day. Be sure to check out the information about online filing, a convenient and easy way to file City tax. Tax classes are also available.

Q: Is Primary Caregiver location information public?
A: Yes. Documents in the City's possession are subject to the open records act. Only confidential commercial information and information regulated by the privacy act are not. Because a primary caregiver location is considered a business, the address and associated name(s) would be available under a Public Information Request submitted to the City Clerk's office.

Q: Is my patients' information public?
A: Under Colorado Department of Health and Environment rules such information is private. Patient COMMJ registration numbers may lawfully be requested by the Wheat Ridge Police Department.

sky high

sky high

IGNORE IT. They don't have the right to alter the constitution outside of a "business' situation...and since 1284 states that you cannot be compensated above what it costs to produce said MMJ, there is no profit or taxable income involved anyway....right?

This is basically a way for them to find out you grow by buying a city license and (voluntarily) opening the door for them to check up on you through the State cus you freely gave em yer PRIVATE medical info.

If you don't tell them anyhting...they can't find out unless something else happens that brings them to your door because @ this point the Registry is still confidential.

Don't fall for it. The Amendment says you can't be prosecuted for offenses related to MMJ as long as you are in compliance. Be in compliance and ignore their BS.

be safe, all

s h

C

canaguy27

Q: Is Primary Caregiver location information public?
A: Yes
. Documents in the City's possession are subject to the open records act. Only confidential commercial information and information regulated by the privacy act are not. Because a primary caregiver location is considered a business, the address and associated name(s) would be available under a Public Information Request submitted to the City Clerk's office.

Love this part. There is so much bs with this crap. Follow a20 to a T, but be prepared to defend your position.

S

SoCoMMJ

Like the "cameras" and thr "licensing"......what the legislators PASS and what the State can ENFORCE are two completely different things.

Kinda makes ya wonder WHERE they will get all this $$$ to implement and operate such an intrusive program..doesn't it?

Like everything else, the $50k video camera cost is burdened upon the MMC's and ultimately the patients in higher prices.

The systems will be built so that the state can log in and review if desired. The wont have a bank of 500 screens in a control room environment.

B

bobby-o

ignore like sky high said. Read 1284 and 1043 up and down numerous times,, you guys are buggin. This aint nothing but a thing. This will actually be good it will cut the "fat" getting rid of the excess wastes, allowing for the rest to rise to the top. Peace

K

kolah

Maybe those new cameras will be faulty...if ya know whaddamean? <wink>

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

well there might just be someone you folks know in wheat ridge who is completely ignoring this bullshit. It's equivalent to running a small repair shop out of your residential garage but way less obvious. There is no way to enforce this, it's just an extra jerkoff speeding ticket if they happen to stumble on your grow. It's an ordinance, not a law. Like loud pipes on your harley, tall weeds in your yard, jerkoff nit picky bullshit.

I'll have a GOOD lawyer look into this. A municipality should not limit access to health care.

You can thank the MMC's for this type of bullshit legislation. Fuck the MMC's, they're about to get fucked in the pocketbook since they can't write off any business expenses on their federal taxes as what they do is federally illegal.

BOYCOTT DISPENSARIES. GROW YOUR OWN MEDICINE.

:harvest: WEED NOT GREED :harvest:

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Hahahaha, that's hilarious. Thanks for posting redearth.

Somebody would have to be a certified, card carrying MORON to comply with that bullshit. "Oh okay, here is the address where you, and everyone else in the PUBLIC, can come harass/bust/rip me off. While we're at it, let me go ahead and subject myself to paying federal taxes for an illegal, schedule 1 narcotic that I'm not legally allowed to profit from. And this only costs me $20? Thanks!"

I wonder if Wheatridge is going to be surprised by the fact that there are literally zero caregivers in their jurisdiction? lmfao!

R

redearth

I am the idiot you speak of. Sent in application in attempt at being FULLY compliant. Just trying to stay a step ahead of State Licensing for over 5 patients OR over 30 plants soon to be implemented. Sent over 2 weeks ago. Not a peep since. Regarding taxes-I dont sell anything (patients recieve NO COST MMJ). I should probably call a lawyer!!:worried

D

DoobyScoo

I wonder if Wheatridge is going to be surprised by the fact that there are literally zero caregivers in their jurisdiction? lmfao!

But they needs it!

Tell them when they allow 'Medical Blowjobs', that you'll register your grow with them.

Remember, ultimately the power we have is to....
Uhhhh. Wait for it....
Wait for it...

"JUST SAY NO!" (anybody remember that class in grade school, it stuck with me)

They couldn't catch you when it was illegal, so if their demands are outrageous, exercise your right to say "Fuck It!", "Come back with something reasonable".

This plant is cultivated world-wide, under the noses of law enforcement. With a recession the Sheeple are really questioning how their tax dollars are spent, especially the definition of 'Law Enforcement'.

It is like we are on a first date (growers and gov't) and they are acting like the crazy bitch from the 1st Bank commercial.

sky high

sky high

"JUST SAY NO!" (anybody remember that class in grade school, it stuck with me)

Gotta say that was quite a bit after my time in grade school. LOL.

When I was in grade school we were still hiding under our desks and being told how that would protect us from nuclear attack...

then...not surprisingly.... we became the generation responsible for bringing you the "Just Say No" warning tag.

SORRY for that! (but damn, did we have fun!) :)

R

redearth

Please do

well there might just be someone you folks know in wheat ridge who is completely ignoring this bullshit.
I'll have a GOOD lawyer look into this. A municipality should not limit access to health care.

:
Please do look into as Wheat Ridge is not only municipality enacting Primary Caregiver Licenses. Englewood and others doing the same.

"5-22-2: - License Required.

It shall be unlawful for any Medical Marijuana Primary Care-Giver, as defined, to acquire, possess, produce, use, transport, offer, dispense, or grow Medical Marijuana or marijuana paraphernalia or to sell the above without first obtaining a license from the City of Englewood.

(Ord. 09-41, § 1"

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Gotta say that was quite a bit after my time in grade school. LOL.

When I was in grade school we were still hiding under our desks and being told how that would protect us from nuclear attack...

:rofl and people were still building fallout shelters in their basements. My uncle had a 2 year supply of canned food and water in his.

sky high

sky high

Some of those bunkers would make sweet grow spaces now...LOL.

Top Bottom