Caregivers...Get Ready to Register Your Grow Site and Pass Inspection!

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

And I still say that anybody who registers their 5 patient or less grow has officially been drinking government kool-aid. I realize your intentions are in the right place and you think you're protecting your family, but the government is going to do you like they did sitting bull and geronimo. Once you're on their radar, you're in the system and good luck if you ever decide you want to get out.

I could not have stated the obvious any better than you did!

G

gettogro

07-09-2011, 06:06 PM #205 (permalink)
gettogro-"Could someone point out where on the state forms where we are required to put the address of the actual grow house. On the state form I only see a place for the caregivers mailing address. On both my CO Id and my red card address are to a UPS store. I dont even have a mailman where I live. Is there another form somewhere im missing where we are required to register the grow address??"
Called Colo Dept. of Rev-MMJ Enforcement and asked about Caregiver Registration and July 1 . It IS for ALL Caregivers including 5 patients and under. Info is not up on their website yet because of all the traffic and business with licensing of MMC employees, but I was told to check back daily. It is coming soon.

Thanks for doing that. I guess there will be another form to fill out soon.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

What is the fine for not registering? Just a zoning thing?
Probably not IMHO. This comes right out of 1043 which is state law. I don't think it's the same thing as the 12 plant Denver county limit the city imposed which a lot of people are comparing this to.

R

RMCG

Probably not IMHO. This comes right out of 1043 which is state law. I don't think it's the same thing as the 12 plant Denver county limit the city imposed which a lot of people are comparing this to.

Except they only come look for code type issues (so they say), not anything else, so just a code violation.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Code violations also give you a time frame to comply before the actual fee/fine kicks in, usually 10-30 days and if your in compliance during the reinspection, your good to go..gotta love that

Tex

R

RMCG

Code violations also give you a time frame to comply before the actual fee/fine kicks in, usually 10-30 days and if your in compliance during the reinspection, your good to go..gotta love that

Tex

I wish there was a builder on the board that could answer some code questions, esp related to GFCI, wiring questions, etc.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Are you actually thinking about registering RMCG? Or are you just trying to get everything up to code in case they come uninvited?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is something to be said for being up to code, especially your electrical, whether someone comes or not it gives you piece of mind

I feel much safer all around when my setups are up to code

Tex

R

RMCG

Are you actually thinking about registering RMCG? Or are you just trying to get everything up to code in case they come uninvited?

Not planning on 'registering' but I do want to know what is and is not 'allowed', so when I do work/make changes, I don't have to do things twice IF they come knocking...

My subpanel was installed by a pro (but no permit pulled), branch circuits have been extended by me though. Also, I've run PEX water lines to all my rooms, but I don't think you can go 'through' walls like I've done.

Also, when and where do you need to run conduit? When don't you have to?

Where are extension cords a no-no? When are they ok? outlets near water (res's) must be gfci? what about power bars? 99% of my stuff is UC/ETL certified, but I made some equipment (my dosers, etc.) that are obviously not.

Do I need to pull a permit to install A/C disconnects off my main panels? Will I get dinged for not having an HVAC guy do my minisplit work?

I consider my work 'safe' and I don't do stupid shit because I don't feel like getting electrocuted or burning the place down, but basically just crap like that...

C

COb

I'm not a builder but I play one on TV from time to time. They'd prob frown on the flexible water lines. On the conduit issue, I'm pretty sure that you only need to run conduit when running your lines outside of your structure, i.e. not secured to the studs or joists, or if you are running bare wire obviously. If you've got romex or something and it is secured to the studs and covered w/ drywall you're good.

Not sure on the ext cords but my guess would be that as long as you're not exceeding the specs for the cords/powerstrips and not running them near a source of water you're good.

R

RMCG

Flex lines come off of a washer hookup, through filters, then run to the rooms. More like 'permanent' hoses vs running it to a sink or something. The existing copper pipes (for grounding) is still in place. Denver works under the 2006 International Building Codes and it seems PEX is 'allowed', just don't know the specifics. Seems if you were going to replace the entire system with PEX, you need a grounded 'water take off' installed on a garage wall, but extending a line is different (how much different than if you were to add an icemaker to your fridge, I don't know).

My romex is run along the walls, stapled at the proper distances, but it is outside the walls, not within.

How 'near' water sources? I've got some strips that are wall mounted near the res's for pumps, dosers, etc. Not like they are going to fall in to the res or something, but definitely not GFCI like whats in a bathroom/kitchen outlet in close proximity to a sink.

All wiring is above my waist, water stays below my waist. Nothing is run on the floor or anything dumb like that.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Not planning on 'registering' but I do want to know what is and is not 'allowed', so when I do work/make changes, I don't have to do things twice IF they come knocking...

My subpanel was installed by a pro (but no permit pulled), branch circuits have been extended by me though. Also, I've run PEX water lines to all my rooms, but I don't think you can go 'through' walls like I've done.

Also, when and where do you need to run conduit? When don't you have to?

Where are extension cords a no-no? When are they ok? outlets near water (res's) must be gfci? what about power bars? 99% of my stuff is UC/ETL certified, but I made some equipment (my dosers, etc.) that are obviously not.

Do I need to pull a permit to install A/C disconnects off my main panels? Will I get dinged for not having an HVAC guy do my minisplit work?

I consider my work 'safe' and I don't do stupid shit because I don't feel like getting electrocuted or burning the place down, but basically just crap like that...
Yup, probably not a bad idea at all.

C

COb

Flex lines come off of a washer hookup, through filters, then run to the rooms. More like 'permanent' hoses vs running it to a sink or something. The existing copper pipes (for grounding) is still in place. Denver works under the 2006 International Building Codes and it seems PEX is 'allowed', just don't know the specifics. Seems if you were going to replace the entire system with PEX, you need a grounded 'water take off' installed on a garage wall, but extending a line is different (how much different than if you were to add an icemaker to your fridge, I don't know).

My romex is run along the walls, stapled at the proper distances, but it is outside the walls, not within.

How 'near' water sources? I've got some strips that are wall mounted near the res's for pumps, dosers, etc. Not like they are going to fall in to the res or something, but definitely not GFCI like whats in a bathroom/kitchen outlet in close proximity to a sink.

All wiring is above my waist, water stays below my waist. Nothing is run on the floor or anything dumb like that.

For the exterior romex you're gonna need conduit (junction boxes etc.) to be up to code in that case.

Found some good info on the gfci breakers:

Where do you put G.F.I.'s?...
Any bathroom or garage outlet within 6' of a sink must be GFCI protected. The code also requires all kitchen outlets for countertop use to be GFCI protected. GFCI outlets must be installed in any area where electricity and water may come into contact, including basements, pools, spas, utility rooms, attached garages and outdoors. At least one GFCI outlet is required in an unfinished basement and for most outdoor outlets.

GhostFace

GhostFace

Caregivers...Get Ready to Register Your Grow Site and Pass Inspection!

_wHat gROw_!?! :rasta2:

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
On commercial jobs all wire needs to be in a conduit to be code... NO ROMEX ALLOWED IN COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS. FYI.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd like to add that from what I've seen, on a number of Commercial Grows I've assisted in building, that once the City or County has given you a Cert of Occupancy you are done with them.... and any additions or modifications you do won't get inspected. And, the State/MED doesn't check, nor do they care, about your permits, or building code violations.

You pretty much just have the Fire Marshall to worry about, and they come through once a year, if at all..... things they get their panties in a bunch about are exposed wiring, extension cords and other fire hazards. I don't think they care about plumbing, or hoses, etc....

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

You pretty much just have the Fire Marshall to worry about, and they come through once a year, if at all..... things they get their panties in a bunch about are exposed wiring, extension cords and other fire hazards. I don't think they care about plumbing, or hoses, etc....

bingo

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Romex on the outside of the wall isn't up to code. You'll need to use the wire with the flexy metal stuff on it. Use the screw down connectors that affix the wire to the box as well. Pex is ok, just make sure you use the proper elbow pieces and fix it to the wall properly.

But back to the main topic here, what is the worst the licensing department can do if you don't register your grow?

Top Bottom