Cattapilla's Blackberry Kush and Mango Kush Grow Diary

• Thread starter Cattapilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

but arent the newly exposed leafs making up for what that fan leaf was doing?and that fan leaf is still there doing its job also?

No surface area is greater on fan leaves so more photosynthesis.

We are all guilty of confirmation bias. We “confirm” what we think rather than see the truth. Eapecially if we invest a lot of time, trust or money.

I do believe defoliation (not tucking) is important in crowded rooms. But only where needed.

newh

newh

I wish i had my clones still. I would do another side by side. I have already tested these things for myself. The tucked or defoliated plant will grow and develop less than the untouched one from what I have seen. And in flower when i get larfy lowers it is airflow not light penetration that causes that. So if i end up with bunched up leaves i will untangle them or even pull a couple so they all get movement.

Disclaimer. This was for plants I grew and they had excellent structure. But so do the plants in this thread.
aw man now we got Cattapilla spinnin,sorry dude I was just tryin to help lol.Over time I have also came to the conclusion that less is more,that why I save leaf pickin till the end of flower now,or like you said ,if things get unruly.I have had good results with lst

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I overdid, then. Going back to the 'If it isn't broken, don't fix it' way of growing. Thank you both. We posted at the same time. I'm not spinning since the fans will return to their proper position. But that's the /only/ reason!

I should add that what i wrote is my opinion. Many techniques that dont work for me work great for others. Every grow is different.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Why do you think tucking and ruining the air flow over the big fans whould promote growth?

I end up with huge buds under those leaves. The fan leaves power the branch and top to grow. Not inhibit them.
I agree with mimed fan leaves power growth ! They are the solar panels and need light

Moshmen

Moshmen

No surface area is greater on fan leaves so more photosynthesis.

We are all guilty of confirmation bias. We “confirm” what we think rather than see the truth. Eapecially if we invest a lot of time, trust or money.

I do believe defoliation (not tucking) is important in crowded rooms. But only where needed.
Mine is so overcrowded it’s ridiculous! And I still have a hard time pulling good leaves even when I know I should !
Looks like a good environment in there with good space for the two ! I wouldn’t touch those lovely plants but that me!

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Second week in flower for the kush, they struggled last week and were droopy on and off. Maybe the switch to flower. They are doing well again, and super thirsty. A friend will come and water them every couple of days while I am gone for a week. Tomorrow she’ll come for a training session! Oboy. I added a couple of close up shots of some new green. I noticed a slight twisting of new leaves last week, but they seem better now. I'm using 1/4 tsp ph up, cal-mag and pure-blend pro per 1/2 gallon. Does that change now that they are in flower? Water is at 6.5.

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
70-80 is fine. For best quality i keep the canopy in flower room below 77 with hps. They say led is different because of less radiant heat than hid bulbs give.

That has been my experience using LED. Does your light have a series of IR diodes distributed across the LED matrix? if so what are their ratings. The point being that bandwidth of light still creates heat. Usually once you find the sweet spot with a set of lights (through trial & error) I maintain that height. Change lights, then you will probably need to re-adjust. I just finished a grow of Train Wreck and at the end the large buds were up against the lights and I got very little burn (only where they touched the diode globe), and i have 3w IR in my units. I found that i popped way too many plants for my space during my last grow. I pulled it off but the individual output was impacted greatly by the over crowding. links to my lite and grow are in my signature.

I'm liking what i see so I think I am going to watch the rest of your grow to see how it goes? 🍻 😎

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That has been my experience using LED. Does your light have a series of IR diodes distributed across the LED matrix? if so what are their ratings. The point being that bandwidth of light still creates heat. Usually once you find the sweet spot with a set of lights (through trial & error) I maintain that height. Change lights, then you will probably need to re-adjust. I just finished a grow of Train Wreck and at the end the large buds were up against the lights and I got very little burn (only where they touched the diode globe), and i have 3w IR in my units. I found that i popped way too many plants for my space during my last grow. I pulled it off but the individual output was impacted greatly by the over crowding. links to my lite and grow are in my signature.

I'm liking what i see so I think I am going to watch the rest of your grow to see how it goes? 🍻 😎

If you are asking me I have never had an led light.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Second week in flower for the kush, they struggled last week and were droopy on and off. Maybe the switch to flower. They are doing well again, and super thirsty. A friend will come and water them every couple of days while I am gone for a week. Tomorrow she’ll come for a training session! Oboy. I added a couple of close up shots of some new green. I noticed a slight twisting of new leaves last week, but they seem better now. I'm using 1/4 tsp ph up, cal-mag and pure-blend pro per 1/2 gallon. Does that change now that they are in flower? Water is at 6.5.
those are good looking plants,sad to hear about the gardner coming in on your plants hope she does well

707finisher

707finisher

They look beautiful and healthy to me, I also noticed the sort of pale and a similar growth when my herer started flowering to, but more pronounced. I’m interested to hear what people say.

Top Bottom