Caygeon Holler Ka nuh buhs w/ Sporty

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Wait. What?? 😮🙁
Ya, someone cut the town idiot loose...another lesson learned...what's another week anyways...lol
Looking good. Let's see how it goes 🔥
another day in Paradise 🤣🤣

Hey, I was over to the YT to look for some video on something and this was my screen when it loaded so I took a shot...we're starting to look like skeletons waiting around 🤣 I'm sure your plate is full but I wanted to bust on ya a bit 😉😂

Marz

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Oh no lol, YT has gaven me a strike already so i decided to give YT a break for now, im not about to get all my content deleted again. So for now Im doing videos on Instagram, and looking at moving over to twitch as they are more easy on our type of content.

Heres the LINK

I also started a new thread - Marzcannas Sky High Toke & Tell

sportyridr

sportyridr

Oh no lol, YT has gaven me a strike already so i decided to give YT a break for now, im not about to get all my content deleted again. So for now Im doing videos on Instagram, and looking at moving over to twitch as they are more easy on our type of content.

Heres the LINK

I also started a new thread - Marzcannas Sky High Toke & Tell
Oh, thats a bummer about the deletion of your content...gave me a laff when you popped up though...I found ya on Insta but I rarely use, mostly because I already have too much to look at/read etc. I do drop in, scroll, like a few posts and am gone in less than a minute...lmao 🤣

Thanks for posting your new thread, contemplating starting new but I always decide not to...I'll get over there check it out promptly! 🙂

Badcableman

Badcableman

Apparently the village idiot got out over here this week too 😳🙄.

Found a handful of lower fan leaves looking like this this morning. Plant looked fine yesterday. Any ideas?

20210826 081659
sportyridr

sportyridr

Found a handful of lower fan leaves looking like this this morning. Plant looked fine yesterday. Any ideas?

haha...well you have been talking to me on and off 😂, maybe I'm rubbing off...🙃

I call Calcium def or Nitrogen def/tox...that said, it didn't just happen, it's been happening and now its showing in the leaves.

I would check some runoff numbers asap and see if root zone ph & ppm/ec is ok. Wondering about the quantity of WC you added may be an issue? Also this heat is no joke and make things look even worse.

Have a look here https://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms

Badcableman

Badcableman

She was due for watering today so I just flushed her with a gallon. Plenty of runoff. Tested runoff with test strip. Most results were normal; however total hardness was up to 500 ppm, pH up to 8.4, total alkalinity up to 240ppm.

Badcableman

Badcableman

haha...well you have been talking to me on and off 😂, maybe I'm rubbing off...🙃

I call Calcium def or Nitrogen def/tox...that said, it didn't just happen, it's been happening and now its showing in the leaves.

I would check some runoff numbers asap and see if root zone ph & ppm/ec is ok. Wondering about the quantity of WC you added may be an issue? Also this heat is no joke and make things look even worse.

Have a look here https://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms
This heat and humidity has got to stop. I ended up culling all my tomatoes... Between catfacing, splitting, and black spot, it was time to cut my losses. Neighbor finally culled off her "powdery mildew trellis" since the cukes all up and died. Not a grower's environment this season.

You're right; whatever is going on has been going on, and is just now manifesting for whatever reason. All lower leaves, which suggests some mobile nutrient excess or deficiency.

Could be the WC top dressing. Hard telling. The nutes were only tiny amounts, but who knows?

Badcableman

Badcableman

She was due for watering today so I just flushed her with a gallon. Plenty of runoff. Tested runoff with test strip. Most results were normal; however total hardness was up to 500 ppm, pH up to 8.4, total alkalinity up to 240ppm.
Actually, I just decided to flush her with another gallon of water and let her dry out over the weekend. I trimmed off all the affected leaves as they were starting a big upward curl. She's either going to pull herself out of it or she isn't. I can't remember who preaches it here in the forums, but "never fall in love with a plant" is pretty good advice. We shall see. 🤷🤦

sportyridr

sportyridr

Actually, I just decided to flush her with another gallon of water and let her dry out over the weekend. I trimmed off all the affected leaves as they were starting a big upward curl. She's either going to pull herself out of it or she isn't. I can't remember who preaches it here in the forums, but "never fall in love with a plant" is pretty good advice. We shall see. 🤷🤦

Root zone pH is pretty out there at 8.4 ,hope the second flush gets the bad flushed out and get things started growing again. I didn't like soil growing as a newb and making all kinds of mistakes. It seems to take forever for the changes to take effect if & when something is wrong. I didn't have that kind of patience waiting for it to maybe turn around 10 days later all the while looking worse every day lol. Hope it shows some improvement for you by first of week.

I have to admit I have spent way too much time trying to save a few plants here & there. I could have prob saved 2 of my seedlings but I don't want to spend weeks babying that mess so in the trash they went and start over. Not jackin with that unless it was my only genetics of a strain or something.

I yanked our two Cuke plants the other day, they looked like I'd been feeding them orange juice lol...no issue with our two maters, just a Cherry & an Abe Lincoln that just now are starting to turn it on...

Badcableman

Badcableman

Root zone pH is pretty out there at 8.4 ,hope the second flush gets the bad flushed out and get things started growing again. I didn't like soil growing as a newb and making all kinds of mistakes. It seems to take forever for the changes to take effect if & when something is wrong. I didn't have that kind of patience waiting for it to maybe turn around 10 days later all the while looking worse every day lol. Hope it shows some improvement for you by first of week.

I have to admit I have spent way too much time trying to save a few plants here & there. I could have prob saved 2 of my seedlings but I don't want to spend weeks babying that mess so in the trash they went and start over. Not jackin with that unless it was my only genetics of a strain or something.

I yanked our two Cuke plants the other day, they looked like I'd been feeding them orange juice lol...no issue with our two maters, just a Cherry & an Abe Lincoln that just now are starting to turn it on...
I appreciate the kind words of support. I choose to look at the brighter side of things... Thus far, I've learned alot about growing my own. What to avoid. What NOT to avoid. Yada, yada, yada. Next season will be different from the git-go... high quality seeds, starting indoors on time, paying attention to daylight solar tables, might switch away from the organic soil thing. An indoor grow just isnt in my future. At some point, we'll be retiring to a much warmer climate (think 32N instead of 43N) and I need to feel confident in my abilities to grow outdoors in those conditions. Thus far, it goes without saying that I've got alot to learn.

I may dump another 2-4L on her again just to make sure she's well flushed and take another stab at runoff test strip just for shits and giggles. If she ends up going south, I'll simply cull her and dry her and try to salvage something from her.

Badcableman

Badcableman

pH was 7.8 following the 2nd gallon flush. Definately going to hit with a 3rd gallon here shortly. Maybe I'm making progress. Or maybe I'm just making a fool of myself.

Badcableman

Badcableman

I will admit to some noob frustration. This plant is giving me quite a run for my money.

One thing is for certain... If the damn thing were a f%*king dandelion growing in my front lawn, you can bet your ass the f%*king thing would be THRIVING!! 😡

sportyridr

sportyridr

pH was 7.8 following the 2nd gallon flush. Definately going to hit with a 3rd gallon here shortly. Maybe I'm making progress. Or maybe I'm just making a fool of myself.
7.8 still high...the flush method is 3x pot size, you probably know that tho. What's your ingoing water may I ask? Lower I'm sure and you prob mentioned it but it's back a bunch.

I feel you man, it's very frustrating but you'll be fine. Everyone has to find their way. Still trying to find mine almost 2yrs later 😯

I'm close though I think 🤔 🤣. This coco growing will be a yay or nay. It's still a frenzy for me when things go south if it's something I'm not familiar with happening.

Only thing I can add would be after flushing and pH etc is good is to add a light dose of nutes, light is key word as you just washed everything out but you don't want to leave her with nothing especially. In mid flower 🌼

Badcableman

Badcableman

7.8 still high...the flush method is 3x pot size, you probably know that tho. What's your ingoing water may I ask? Lower I'm sure and you prob mentioned it but it's back a bunch.

I feel you man, it's very frustrating but you'll be fine. Everyone has to find their way. Still trying to find mine almost 2yrs later 😯

I'm close though I think 🤔 🤣. This coco growing will be a yay or nay. It's still a frenzy for me when things go south if it's something I'm not familiar with happening.

Only thing I can add would be after flushing and pH etc is good is to add a light dose of nutes, light is key word as you just washed everything out but you don't want to leave her with nothing especially. In mid flower 🌼
Would you mind if I messaged you later tonight with a couple of questions and ideas? Not sure if I want to ramble and hijack the thread

sportyridr

sportyridr

Recent shopping woes...

Perlite
I use a fairly course perlite but was looking for more bigger pieces for the bottom of my pots in the Autopot setup.

Here's what I always get

20210826 183548

Top is the reg stuff
20210826 173514

Course & chunky you say, I day bullshit lol
20210826 183619

This is a pic they show on website...
Screenshot 20210826 185201 Brave

Yep I fell for it.... was $20 for 1cu ft and my regular is $17 for 2 cu ft....go figure

but now move on to packaging...

this came yesterday, the only thing that saved it was the plastic film at the spout. Good thing it didn't travel far to get here. Only lost a few ounces. Still going to email em about loose cap.

20210826 172919
20210826 173021
20210826 173034

Honestly, I have had pretty damn good luck but the perlite issue pisses me off. Had to drive 40mins both ways to pick up. Good thing I bought a new bag of Vigaro as well.

I am supposed to do a post about the pots & setup for the Autopots. Maybe I'll get to it today as it's lookin like rain again.

20210826 172936
Badcableman

Badcableman

That pearlite is alot like a MCD Big Mac... Seems like they NEVER look anything like the picture in the ad. 😡😝

sportyridr

sportyridr

POTS for Autopots...

This is what I'm not using, these 3.9gal pots. I wanted just one for the foto but their jammed together so fkn tight I can't get them apart ffs.

20210827 174347

I am however going to use my 1gal fab pots and set up as follows. Pot sock in first, fab pot, special order plastic pot rings (I made em lol), cover on aquavalve and let the good times roll 😄

20210827 174413

20210827 174422

20210827 094310

20210827 094249

20210827 094235

There will be a layer of coarse perlite on bottom then coco/perlite 70/30ish. No air domes for these smaller pots. I bought some 2gal square fab pots but I don't like the fit plus it's just more medium.

What ya'll think...good idear, bad, ugly...need my head checked maybe 🤪

Top Bottom