cch2o UC-RDWC: 20x1000w

• Thread starter BCboys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCboys

BCboys

here's some pics of the pvc with the netting strapped in. the sativa strain is sitting right around 30" a.f.f and the other two systems are about 28" a.f.f
Go 003
Go 004
Go 005

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Everything's looking very nice in there.. I can't wait to see your spot rockin... Keep up the clean work..

BCboys

BCboys

Everything's looking very nice in there.. I can't wait to see your spot rockin... Keep up the clean work..
Very nice work BCboys! That room is gonna be packed with fat colas soon...

Thanks fellas, that means a lot coming from a couple of guys who rock some wicked grows.

Making those nets would enrage me. Looks clean AF. Props

Thanks brobama. I didn't make the nets though fyi...they came in 5 ft sections so just had to strap 4 onto each 32 pc. and 2 onto the 16 pc. Took about an hour total id say

BCboys

BCboys

Dropped the lights today to about 1.5' above the screens. Shit is getting real, incredible growth over the past couple of days. They should be starting to pop through the screens tomorrow or saturday i'm guessing. FIM'd about 90% of the plants today as well. I'll update with photos in the next couple of days.

S

sicinsane

hey bc are you gonna let the plants grow into the net and then flip or let it grow into the net and do some training?

sox

sox

this is beautiful bro, great work..i cant believe this is your first grow...thats fuckin insane!
You def kicked it off right.

Love & Light,
~Sox

BCboys

BCboys

hey bc are you gonna let the plants grow into the net and then flip or let it grow into the net and do some training?

Well I've been training them a little bit since they were young. The goal is to fill as much of the screens as possible to cover the full footprint before flip. Probably need to train a little more once they hit the screens.

this is beautiful bro, great work..i cant believe this is your first grow...thats fuckin insane!
You def kicked it off right.

Love & Light,
~Sox

Thanks dude, it's been a crazy 4 months to say the least. I knew zero about cannabis in may, and now here we are. Been a fun ride so far, wish me luck on finish.

Reactions: sox
H

hogan400

My first rounds were rough, I had a few others that did very well. My last program was coco and I pulled better numbers with it, my local program is coco only for a while. The water from this local aquafir has bad shit. My other is still smashing though!

BCboys

BCboys

My first rounds were rough, I had a few others that did very well. My last program was coco and I pulled better numbers with it, my local program is coco only for a while. The water from this local aquafir has bad shit. My other is still smashing though!

Awsome man, glad to hear things are working out for you currently. You ended up smashing that run still despite the hiccups so props on that.

I'm currently diagnosing and battling some algae/pythium problems with the plants. Some long fucking days when you have to drain and fill 600gallons of water multiple times with a 120gph filter. Think we may have it sorted but time will tell. I'll post some pics up when I get a chance to try and get some input from guys like yourself who have been there. Thanks to all for watching my thread and giving advice. Cheers

BCboys

BCboys

Hey guys. Alright so here's the situation...any help in diagnosing and combating this problem would be great.

So about a week ago my 2hp chillking fan blew out... leaving my UC running warm in the mid to high 70's. Called HI and they sent off a replacement asap, however it wasn't due to arrive for a few days. So I tried getting my hands on some roots excelurator to introduce some fortifying benes in the hope of warding off any rot. None in town. Ordered it and it ended up arriving 2 days later, the same day as my new fan arrived. Installed the fan and got the coils pumping again, and also added the RE. At this point all that was in the system was 2ml/g canna a+b, 1ml/g calmag, and a very small amount of rhiztonic.

At this point I was feeling pretty good, all things considered. Chiller back running, benes in the system, and the plants looking better than ever. Well, the next day I get into the shop and check one of my smaller plants for root mass, to see how it was progressing and noticed some slimy brown, just a little, on its roots. Picked up one of the bigger plants with larger root mass and holy hell, my stomach dropped. I immediately thought it was pythium/root rot from the warm temperatures over the previous couple of days. Seemed somewhat suspicious however how fast it seemed to have come up. Unfortuantely I cant say for sure that it all happened over night. I've barely been keeping head above water by doing all that needs to get done at the shop and my other 2 jobs, so i would frequently check the smaller ones to see how the roots were progressing, but only occasionally had been looking at the bigger ones. That being said, I can confidently say that all of this happened within 3 days time maximum, with a potential overnight outbreak.

I decided that the best thing to do would be to add a concentrated solution of 29% h202 at 6ml/g to each of the epi's and let it go overnight. I filled the systems up very close to lid to ensure that all roots were submerged, added the diluted h2o2, and returned the next day. The next day (today) I did a full flush of both 32 dbxl's and the 16 dbxl, and got rid of essentially all of the base nutes and old water - around 600 gallons. I refilled them each individially from the tallboy as I was pumping out the old stuff, and filled the buckets about an inch above the base of the net pots. I added more h202 at the same dosage, renuted with base nutes (2ml/g) and added calmag (1ml/g).

After all of this was done and I finally had a second to try and do some more reading...I came across this brown algae shit. now i'm wondering if what I have is actually algae coating the roots, rather than pythium. I have ordered physan 20 from the states and am waiting for that to arrive, but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on what this is. I wish I had better pictures, but hopefully someone can identify it from these.

Many thanks. BCb
Go 001
Go 004
Go 003
Go 005
Go 006
Go 007
Go 008
Go 009
Go 002

Camnibus

Camnibus

Looks like the same stuff I used to have before running tea. Without the bennies, who know's wtf's growing in there.

BCboys

BCboys

Looks like the same stuff I used to have before running tea. Without the bennies, who know's wtf's growing in there.

Looks pretty similar to what you had eh? Did you have a pretty good idea of whether it was rot or algae? There's so much conflicting information out there on what to do here. I'm basically trying to follow what I saw gettogrow do...even though his roots looked slightly different from the pics I saw. If the sterilization doesnt do the trick ill brew up some ewc tea I guess. The plants still look healthy And are perky, but have stalled over the last day or so. I'm hoping that this is due to the h2o2 killing off infected/dead roots and they're just recovering. My nute mix is pretty conservative sitting at 200ppm total. Moved up the lights to about 3.5-4' away from the canopy. Hopefully tomorrow I can see some drop in water levels and a bit of new root and foliage growth.

Camnibus

Camnibus

Sorry, it was algae. It was starting to grow in the rez when I noticed it. Shortly after the Ph started swinging, and found it on the roots.
I was trying to run a sterile system at the time. It's much easier running with tea.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im pretty sure all the brown in the system is from the RE and wouldnt be surprised if thats on the roots as well. For the most part the roots look healthy besides the brown shit on em.
I would take each individual plant out one at a time and gently rinse them with tap water in a 5 gal bucket changing the water after each plant. Gently massage the roots while holding the net pot over the bucket. This will clean your roots and they will bounce back fast. I would also dump all the water and start fresh in the systems.
Try aquashield shit stays clean in the rez and fights off nastys

Ive been there and this is what Ive done and they will bounce back fast the roots still look healthy and not rotted
Do not keep throwing different shit in the system its not gonna help sit back and wait a few days after this next flush and refill and everything will work out

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Its defiantly rot. I assume when they started to blow up you overdid it with the application rates in conjunction with the warm water... Bring down your solution strength - do not switch your entire program from sterile to living.

Listen to who ever you want, but they only thing (and im pretty sure there isnt anything we haven't tried) that has fixed rot for us is UC roots.

Top Bottom