CDC Demands 132 Passengers That Flew With 2nd Ebola Patient Report For Testing

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

read the definitions of reverse quarantine... No one told you guys about that option have they?

sixstring

sixstring

read the definitions of reverse quarantine... No one told you guys about that option have they?
Reverse quarantine? Like go fly to cleveland or go on a cruise lmao.idiots are running this country I do believe :)

Reaper

Reaper

In Never Never land (USA) people have "Free" health care, travel freely in and out of A country with A plague... Nobody gets sick or dies because they (media) tell us it is so & Terrorism / Isis is no longer A JV myth but "Don't Worry"... they can be tracked by passports & visa's but people that are "Infected" or might be with Ebola can't... and even trying to do so will lead to more infection... I don't know about other people here but I'm "Laughing my Ass Off'" @ the crap the media is trying to feed people... :wtf:

lino

lino

have no fear! :)
Doctors Suggest That Marijuana Can Protect You From Ebola
http://www.hempforfuture.com/2014/10/17/doctors-suggest-that-marijuana-can-protect-you-from-ebola/
I dont want to get all scienced up on this site but you're post needs further examination by PHD scientist.
cytokine is a key word used in this article and it used to describe:
They are different from hormones (animal), which are also important cell signaling molecules (in humans), in that hormones circulate in much lower concentrations and hormones tend to be made by specific kinds of cells in humans as the article suggest.
What the article left out is the fact that cytokine is a plant hormone also that I have gained the abilities to have extreme manipulation in Cannabis. I was furious when they decided to use Tobacco to create a Elboa vaccine instead of cannabis because of some cytokine attributes unique to Cannabis. There were other factors in using Tobacco but still w/o going into detail I feel that cannabis is STRONG candidate for what is deemed ZMapp antidotes.. Great post, thanks!

fractal

fractal

Anyone hear about the cruise ship that is now being quarantined? Supposedly one of the nurses who cared for patient zero, Thomas Duncan, booked a cruise and now there are thousands of people stuck on the ship. The stupidity of some people should be criminal.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Chimerix gets FDA OK to test drug for Ebola

WASHINGTON (AP) — A North Carolina drugmaker plans to test its experimental antiviral drug in patients who have Ebola, after getting authorization from regulators at the Food and Drug Administration.

Chimerix Inc. said Thursday that it has received FDA clearance to proceed with a trial examining the safety and effectiveness of its brincidofovir tablets in patients who have the virus. The company said in a statement that the drug is available for immediate use in testing.

With the FDA's permission, the Durham, North Carolina, drugmaker previously made the drug available to the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the U.S., who died in Dallas last week. Chimerix did not immediately return requests for comment.

The FDA does not publicly confirm when it has granted companies permission to begin testing. The agency has not approved any drugs as safe and effective in treating Ebola.

Brincidofovir is an antiviral drug being developed to treat several types of viruses, including one that infects patients undergoing bone marrow transplants. Chimerix is working with the U.S. Department of Defense on developing the drug as a treatment against smallpox. Laboratory tests suggested it may also work against Ebola.

Chimerix's drug is one of three experimental medications known to have been used on Ebola patients during the current outbreak. The other two are:

— ZMapp from San Diego-based Mapp Pharmaceuticals, which was developed specifically as an Ebola treatment. It is a cocktail of antibodies engineered to recognize the virus and bind to infected cells. Supplies are exhausted, though federal officials say work is underway to produce more.

— The TKM-Ebola injection, by Tekmira Pharmaceuticals of Canada, works by blocking genes that help the Ebola virus reproduce and spread. It has been used in at least one patient and is said to be in limited supply.

lino

lino

Reaper

Reaper

So... According to the CDC, Expert Dr's & Media /Political Talkin' Heads that have already admitting to "Improper Risk Assessment / Oversight of Hospitals & their Employees" we still have nothing to worry about unless we come into contact with an infected persons bodily fluids... The virus is not Airborne, can't be transmitted by A cough or sneeze or touching A surface that someone coughed or sneezed on...

So why hasn't "Any One" took the "Opportunity of A Lifetime" proving how "Right" they are with A "Liberia Photo Op w/ the Infected" with no protection to put the American Public @ Ease ;) as long as they don't touch anything... according to "Their Own Words" No Worries Right?

Do as you Say, Not As You "Tell" Me to Do... :woot:

DC105

DC105

Anyone hear about the cruise ship that is now being quarantined? Supposedly one of the nurses who cared for patient zero, Thomas Duncan, booked a cruise and now there are thousands of people stuck on the ship. The stupidity of some people should be criminal.

Actually she wasn't a nurse who cared for MrDuncun. She handled s blood specimen from him and therefore they have her under watch. Coast guard obtained a blood specimen from her and she is negative. However, It only takes 1 to create a mass epidemic tho.
Just like the 2nd nurse. CDC is watching 70 people she came in contact with. Just shows how fast it can get out of hand. The 1st Dr from TN has developed antibodies from contracting it and now they can treat others with his blood for up to 10 yrs.

DC105

DC105

PART 1413753491930 20141019 171740
My hospital where I work just got info to us this past week!!

I was also informed by my director that as the supervisor, I will be a member of the strike team. Meaning, I will be the front line hands on team member who helps care for the Ebola patients if we receive any. We will work in teams of 2 and can't leave the room. We will work for 4 hrs only. Paid for 12. The breach of protection comes from improper removal of the PPE . Personal Protective Equipment 9 out 10 times. It's very easily to contaminate ur self if not taken off in a particular order and with extreme caution. There will also be 2 members of infectious disease watching every move we make.
Apparently you shit/vomit urself to death. Mr Duncan was passing 15 liters a day of diarrhea. It gets very messy obviously!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
*cringes* Coulda done without the shitting yourself part :D

fractal

fractal

Seriously. . . I did read that the cruise ship woman was not the nurse that was just the first reports I read. That does not sound like a nice way to go. Where does the body come up with 15 liters a day of excretion if the patient obviously isn't eating anything? Freaking horrible way to die.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Your cell membranes lose their bond, starting with gut. Liquefaction is never pretty.

DC105

DC105

They have to hang the fluids wide open. Fast as they can get it in u. I don't know if he passed that much every day,but that's what was reported. Sounds. ..corny! :nurse:

SpiderK

SpiderK

On October 15th the WHO released its latest update. The outbreak has now seen 8,997 confirmed, probable and suspected cases of Ebola. All but 24 of those have been in Guinea (16% of the total), Sierra Leone (36%) and Liberia (47%). The current death toll is 4,493. These numbers are underestimates; many cases, in some places probably most, go unreported.

This all pales, though, compared with what is to come. The WHO fears it could see between 5,000 and 10,000 new cases reported a week by the beginning of December; that is, as many cases each week as have been seen in the entire outbreak up to this point. This is the terrifying thing about exponential growth as applied to disease: what is happening now, and what happens next, is always as bad as the sum of everything that has happened to date.

Exponential growth cannot continue indefinitely; there are always barriers. In the previous 20 major outbreaks of the disease since its discovery in 1976, all of which took place in and around the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the initial rapid spread quickly subsided. In the current outbreak, though, the limits have been pushed much further back; it has already claimed more victims than all the previous outbreaks put together.

Grim reckoning

There are two reasons for this. Those earlier outbreaks were often in isolated places where there are few opportunities for transmission far afield—the transfer of the virus between a wild animal and a human that sets off all such outbreaks is more likely off the beaten track. And they were mostly recognised quickly, with cases isolated and contacts traced from very early on; one was stopped this way in Congo in the past few months. The west African outbreak has broken through the barriers of isolation and into the general population, both in the countryside and the cities, and it was up and running before public-health personnel cottoned on. There is no reason to expect it to subside of its own accord, nor to expect it to come under control in the absence of a far larger effort to stop it.

Trying to be precise about how bad things could get, absent that effort, is not possible. This is not just because the actual number of cases is not well known. The rate at which cases give rise to subsequent cases, which epidemiologists call Rο, is the key variable. For easily transmitted diseases Rο can be high; for measles it is 18. For a disease like Ebola, much harder to catch, it is lower: estimates of Rο in different parts of the outbreak range from 1.5 to 2.2. Any Rο above 1 is bad news, though, and seemingly small differences in Rο can matter a lot. An Rο of 2.2 may sound not much bigger than an Rο of 1.5, but it means numbers will double twice as fast.

http://www.economist.com/news/inter...oses-catastrophic-threat-region-and-could-yet

Top Bottom