Ceramic Metal Halide growers?

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pimp T

Pimp T

Ive wondered about the difference between sun systems single vertical and dual horizontal reflectors performance wise.I have a friend whos using Lecs and dual dpaps and much prefers the single Lecs to the dual dpaps.
Why does he prefer the singles?

Billyboat

Billyboat

I just snagged 4 more dpaps and I have 6 of the double dpaps on order. I'm doing a side by side of 5 dpaps vs 5 lec's and 6 Double Dpaps vs 6 Epaps with the MH bulbs turned down to 660...

Waiting on the equipment to come in.

homebrew420

homebrew420

315 Philips Master Color Elite Agro driven by Boulder Light ballast for the win. We were averaging 1.3lb/1000w we replaced each hood with 2.5 fixtures, ie 4x8 table has 5 in a row. We are now seeing an average of 2.3lb for the equivalent space, changing nothing but the light. Approximately .93lb per fixture, and I dont believe for a moment that we have maximized the potential.

Peace

Pimp T

Pimp T

@homebrew420 has cmh increased resin taste aroma and finishing time for u?

homebrew420

homebrew420

these are NOT CMH they are CDL. Different tech. and the conversions most people use CMH are not worth it. in short @Pimp T yes. Better? i dont know, seems the same.

Coir

Coir

love my 315 CMH for my veg tent, but came across this last night on the local news. Got a call into them for specs, news channel stated the are 1k$ and cover a 4x4 area......I am more excited a local company is putting them out :D

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015...tion-for-drought-by-bringing-sunlight-inside/

Company's page

It's a great light but like with all advertisements, they might be stretching it a bit with this one. It will cover a 4x4 area IF you are growing something like lettuce that stays very short. In a 5x5 tent with low ceilings, I found this not to be the case. I had to add a 315LEC with this light to cover the whole tent through flower. The plants do love the spectrum of light this puts out but it's simply not strong enough to get it hghi enough above the canopy to cover a 4x4 through the entire cycle.

Coir

Coir

Hey guys, maybe a little off topic but it does concern a Phillpis 315w CDM.
I just got it all wired up today.

My plants are 17 days old and 3 nodes pushin 4 quick.

How soon could I or should I put hem under the new light?
thanks.

They are ready whenever you are

ilovealta

ilovealta

I bet that would work bro, but there's something about these bulbs and the way they feel on your skin even from 5-6' away

I'm trying the Phillips 860w CDM in a OG vertical, air cooled reflector, should have it in a few days, just ordered on amazon. Can anyone offer suggestions as to a ballast. Magnetic I think.... I figured I'd hit the used grow shop for that, but interested in what you all thought.
Can you tell me how the 860 bulb is working for you?
I ran a hydro farm 315lec in a 4x2 tent and it crushed it. Wanted to try the new light and ran the 3100k bulb from seed to flower and it produced 350grams and I lost one of the 6 plants that were mainlined to hermies so my results were amazing. If I did not lose one plant the numbers would be staggering.

I can only find the 4000k spectrum bulb in the 860. Can they be used in my 1000w HPS magnetic ballasts?
What hood are you using ?

I would switch all my 1000w hps to this bull but do you have to use enclosed hoods?

Thanks for any help.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Can you tell me how the 860 bulb is working for you?
I ran a hydro farm 315lec in a 4x2 tent and it crushed it. Wanted to try the new light and ran the 3100k bulb from seed to flower and it produced 350grams and I lost one of the 6 plants that were mainlined to hermies so my results were amazing. If I did not lose one plant the numbers would be staggering.

I can only find the 4000k spectrum bulb in the 860. Can they be used in my 1000w HPS magnetic ballasts?
What hood are you using ?

I would switch all my 1000w hps to this bull but do you have to use enclosed hoods?

Thanks for any help.
I haven't hooked up the 860w yet, but her time is nigh. I will be getting 220 ran to the veg shed in the next couple of months. Hit me up in a min and I will give you a report.

I doubt the spectrum will be as nice as the 315w Phillips bulb...

To answer question on ballast you run it with a 1000w mag ballast. I will be using a vertical bulb hood ... the one I got was OG something or other... can be ran open or air cold with included glass cover

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just revamped my.3x600mh and 3x600hps to 3x315 42k cdm elite philips bulbs, and 4x 315 31k agro philips bulbs. Guys on ice are killing it with prism ballasts and Philips bulbs. It's what sold me do the swap. Less power draw, less ac run time due to less heat, much better par and uv vs mh/hps bulbs

20161112 214610
Freshone

Freshone

What's ice?I'd like to read the thread.So your swapping 315 fixtures 1 for 1 with 600 Hps?I've read people say 2.5 315s for each 1 K replaced so that would be 3 315s for each 600 in flower,roughly half that in veg,thoughts?

TheTank

TheTank

Can I use the ss lec 315 in a grow tent that is 5'8? Or do I need more height?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Should be good. I'm under 2' in veg, and about 1.5' in flower.

Top Bottom