Chaos in the 4th Dimension- A grow diary

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Here are some photos, pretty boring, but it's very early on. These will probably be my last photos for another week.

I documented some new growth, so early signs point to the babies liking their new crib.

NUBBY sf

I fed them very lightly with some bennies yesterday, and will give them a nice dose of compost tea tomorrow. Here is the brew kit.

BrewKit sf

Watch the tea brew. It's almost as exciting as watching paint dry. If you stare long enough the bubbles form shapes like fruit or airplanes.

Brewing sf

Enjoy.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Long day in the garden, aka the basement. Rearranged EVERYTHING and setup a second tent for mothers and clones. My primary tent is called the 4th dimension, so this mothering tent will be the 5th dimension. That journey will be explored in a separate thread.

Gave the girls another feeding today and it seems like they are adapting nicely, maybe an inch of growth a week in Monday. Pics and more details tomorrow. Time for a beverage.

outwest

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Looking good bro....off to a nice start and got some great strains going too....liking that compost tumbler too must make mixing easy and clean.....keep her bro looking forward to seeing this thread come along!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Looking good bro....off to a nice start and got some great strains going too....liking that compost tumbler too must make mixing easy and clean.....keep her bro looking forward to seeing this thread come along!

Thanks, MN. The tumbler definitely makes things easier, but clean is another story. I don't think it was designed for indoor use, and thus it is not 'dirt tight'. It's easily managed with a quick vacuum though. Whatever you do, make sure you secure the latch on the door before you start tumbling. I learned that the hard way. At one point I need to empty the whole thing at once, and I just taped a construction trash bag to the door and spun it around. Super easy.

Got lights hung in the 5th dimension and will be wetting some seeds tonight.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
As promised, here are some more photos from the garden. Overall things are looking good. Plants have grown about an inch since being transplanted a week ago. One of the Bubba Kush's is looking weak however. Here are some photos:

SAD BUBBA sf

SAD BUBBA2 sf

All the other plants in the garden look fine. It looks like either over or under watering, but I would think other plants would be effected if that were the case. Any thoughts would be helpful. They are getting watered tomorrow, and I'm going to throw in some coco cat along with some bennies via compost tea.

Here are some more photos from the garden. A wide shot:

WHOLE sf

And one more (I threw in the malachite and calcite for good measure)

WHOLECLOSE sf

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Bump! Any thoughts on why the Bubba ain't looking so hot?

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
hey bro any bubba ive known has been slow and finnicky to start. give it time to adapt. 42o

Thanks, 420. That's what I'm hoping, I was warned of the Bubba's temperamental nature, but I'm up for the challenge. Strange thing is that I have 2, and one is doing just fine. It's kind of cool, now that they have settled in, they are really starting to grow. It usually takes about 10 days I find. At that point I'm more comfortable fucking with them. . .foliar regimen, nute bump, maybe an initial top. . .it's all in the details, right?

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Quick update. . .the chaos continues. . .I adopted an OG Kush, NL5 cross(FIRE), and a Woody Kush. My germination project is moving along too. Pictures to follow. . .

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Here are some photos. I rushed home, replanted the clones, and left for several hours. When I got home, the NL5 cross, which is supposed to be pretty hardy, has already sprung back to life. Now I'm running 6 strains, in various stages of vegetative growth (the NL5 cross is already 18"). Should be interesting.

Here is the NL5 Cross (I think with MTF), she's a beaut for sure:

GND1 sf

The two little kush girls:

NEWKBABIES sf

The Woody Kush:

WKD1 sf

And the OG Kush:

OGKD1 sf

I know, pretty boring, but you gotta start somewhere right?

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks for stopping by BH. To make things interesting, I'm choosing an alternative diet for the 3 ladies I picked up today. There is a product called boogie brew that has caught my attention. I think I'll give it a shot. The rest are on a strict subcool super soil diet. Finger crossed!

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
So the NL5 cross which is about 16" taller than anything else in the garden, adjusted to it's new home immediately, and has taken off accordingly. This is one of my fav strains that I've smoked in a while, and I'd really like to take a clone for a mom. Because of the height differential issues i need to top this thing any way. Can I use the top as a clone? (picture below)

outwest

GNTOP sf

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
With the help of @norcal215 and @caregiverken I've attempted a mid stalk re-root. The plant is way way taller then the rest of the garden. Hopefully this will solve that.

First, I gently scraped off the very most top green layer, about 1/2" tall around the circumference of the stalk with a razor blasde

Then I swabbed on a layer of clonex with a q-tip.

GNEXSTART sf

The I wrapped a rapid rooter around the scrape job (sorry forgot to take a photo of this). I modified an old funnel and put that around the rapid rooter, then filled the funnel with a little soil and soaked it will distilled water.

GENEXFINISH sf

Notice the long twist ties I used to prop up the funnel of love. Let's hope this works. I really like this strain.

That's it for now. I'll hope to repot a shorter version of this plan in a week or so.

outwest

Latest posts

Top Bottom