• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
med man

med man

Breeder
cool

didnt want to steer this awesome thread off course

was just looking for a real answer to the my question. no worries if no one has one other then the posted comments in the back

med-man

Quantrill

Quantrill

sorry man, guess I woke up with a shitty attitude today.

to make a calcium and magnesium concentrate you should use magnesium nitrate not magnesium sulfate.

if you mix calcium salts in concentration with sulfate salts in concentration, your likely to get some precipitation of Calcium Sulfate.

med man

med man

Breeder
hi quantrill

thanks man

i wasnt tryna ruffle any feathers. was just curious is all. i found the past comment about this mix to be a bit aloofish

thanks again

happy gregorian new year everyone

med-man

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I've been using jacks in botanicare cocogro. I'm mixing with a PPM pen but for larger batches I'd prefer to use a scale. In the near future I'll be mixing stock solutions and use that. I've got some pics of my nursery down below. I am really enjoying the symmetrical growth.:happy:

IMG 20140102 185807
IMG 20140102 185824
mekannic

mekannic

[From the jrpeters blog page:]

"The 5-12-26 + Calcium Nitrate is a great vegetative fertilizer if you need to modify your nitrogen needs or to fit in with your specific water types. This combo can be used to grow a wide range of crops from lettuces, herbs, and fruiting crops. In its simplest formula you can mix ½ tsp. of each product in a gallon of water. I generally do not recommend this rate, but if you only need a small amount, it works. To make 10 gallons of solution follow this formula:
In 10 gallons of water, dissolve 1.3 ounces of 5-12-26, when that is totally dissolved add 1 tablespoon of Epsom salts for extra Magnesium and Sulfur. Finally add in .86 ounces of Calcium Nitrate. This will give you 150ppm of Nitrogen, which is the perfect rate for growing hydroponically.

M.O.S.T- mix of soluble trace- This is a fully soluble package of micronutrients. This is great to have on hand if you are growing in RO or very pure water. Remember that all of our fertilizers except Calcium Nitrate have a micronutrient package."

I just ordered the 4lb + 4lb combo pack; I'm on city well water so I don't think I need MOST.

thank you for these numbers. i am not sure if this is approximately equal to the 3-1-2 ratios, but this is what i needed. a place to start. the math is just too much for me and i am NOT an abstract thinker and the addtion of ideas and concepts about individual elements is out of my league.

10 gal for me is on the extreme high end. i imagine i could do a five gal batch and use it before bad things start happening.

i am thinking that my water source is not conducive to what i am trying to do so i definitely am considering the most because i am really wanting to start with ro water or maybe distilled from the store. that will be an experiment all on it's own, comparing my water with these other types.

elsewhere in this thread someone has advised against the use of mgso4 so i am considering trying to locate a source for mg(no3)2. i am guessing it can be found fairly easy. i bet ebay has it.

anyway, to make a short story a whole lot unnecessarily longer, thank you for the direct numbers as a starting place for me. especially in the small quantities. i know it's going to be a whole lot harder to get consistent results working with such small numbers, but right now i think it's better than making WAY too much and having to discard the leftovers. although i guess the lawn would be real happy with that, huh?

thanks

seaslug

seaslug

I'm patiently waiting here in balmy Seattle as my Jack's travels slowly across the winter country from Pennsylvania.

I found out why my Veg+Bloom reservoir kept getting algae every week--they add carbohydrates. The plants don't seem to mind the ml per gallon of 29% H2O2 I add now, and not a trace of algae.

mekannic

mekannic

wow, where do you get that concentrated h2o2?

i thought i would try to get some mg(no3)2 from somewhere but unless i can find it locally it ain't gonna happen. apparently that stuff is worse than nh4no3. used in explosives and will get you on a federal watchlist not to mention the hazmat shipping charges.

how long will a nutrient solution last before anything bad happens? and what besides algae can go wrong?

thanks.

seaslug

seaslug

I bought the hydrogen peroxide at a local grow shop. It was improperly stored in an attic for two or three summers so it is probably less than the label's 29%. Some people said they can only get 23% because of the tearists but my Whitmire brand still seems to be available:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I ordered some software that has all of the nute companies nutes reverse engineered, nutrient calcs, etc, to make your own nutes. It just arrived yesterday, and I haven't had a chance to look at it, but I will post it up here if I find some good info through it.

On the gardens cure thread, the user cavadge describes his success with a formula close to fatmans, that is not lucas (actually almost the reverse of lucas) using no grow at all. Have you played with this formula at all?

@Capulator What is this software ? need a link to it Bro, I'm diving head first into this shit...:cigar:

splakdawg

splakdawg

HEY GUYS
I PULLED A BONEHEAD MOVE TODAY I MIXED MY JACKS AS I USUALLY DO BUT FORGOT TO ADD THE EPSOM SALT, SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

Top Bottom