Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicness

organicness

I'd been wondering about Jack's and sulfur. I can't find any listing for the sulfur content on their site. I threw away my bags, or else I'd look at the label.

Quantrill

Quantrill

246ppm SO4 is 81ppm S.

just to clarify. I'm sure most of you know this already.

organicness

organicness

thank you! They don't list the sulfur on their website GA... I appreciate that.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap what do u recommend starting MOST at? I called jr peters and they said 8 oz/ 100 gallons is the dosage, which is a little over 2g/ gallon. I saw you were using it at .1-.5 though, is that .1-.5g/ gal or .1-.5 ec? What do u think is a good starting point?

Also when do u add it? My thought was...
1st MOST
2nd Hydro w/ Epsom salt
3rd cal nitrate

Thanks for the help

I hope I didnt type .5. Its .05 to .1. Depends. I have gone to .2 experimenting. GRAMS PER GALLON. Not a lot.

I add it dry to the jacks and epsom (sometimes). My part one is jacks, epsom (sometimes), K2so4, MKP, and most. All weighed out in a single red solo cup. my part 2 is the cal nitrate and CaCl2. They are fine like that. no lockout. I add silica first to the res. then I add part 1. then part 2. really easy.

Now I have a formula that works well for an entire cycle, so I am thinking about pre weighing everything out for each week to make it super simple for myslef.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

Now I have a formula that works well for an entire cycle, so I am thinking about pre weighing everything out for each week to make it super simple for myslef.

i started doing this with the six pack. do up a weeks worth at a time. im loving the results im getting but mixing is a PIA!!!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

246ppm SO4 is 81ppm S.

thanks i should of looked closer at the chart when i posted it...

and i guess we might as well account for the epsom while I'm looking at the chart... so around 91-92 actual.

still seems more then adequate.

S

stonedinthe902

what's the feeling on Potsil for a silicate? it's cheap and concentrated on ebay, shipping from the uk however.

Coloradofrost

Coloradofrost

Has anyone tried the jacks/ MOAB+HH combo in the last 2 weeks. I'm about to give it a go but dont know if i should just cut the Jacks in half or do i need to cut my whole flowering regimen in half when using the HH/MOAB combo.

Currently running 3.0 jacks !.8 cal nit. and .5 epsom

ttystikk

ttystikk

Has anyone tried the jacks/ MOAB+HH combo in the last 2 weeks. I'm about to give it a go but dont know if i should just cut the Jacks in half or do i need to cut my whole flowering regimen in half when using the HH/MOAB combo.

Currently running 3.0 jacks !.8 cal nit. and .5 epsom

I've been running saomething similar to this ratio, more like 4 Jacks, 2 Cal Ni and .5 Epsom. I do it this way to kick up the micros and the potassium. If you're going to do MOAB instead, you definitely want to cut down on the Jacks. Then you'll need to make sure your micros are sufficient...

B

barneyfife

have any of you checked out the thread titled veg+bloom 1 part powder in socal tap?
its just a couple theards above this one.
i would love to get the point of veiw of some of the guys in this thread on that nute.
its as kiss as you can get your not even gonna need molasses no silica nothing but ph adj.
would love to hear your thoughts on the product please check it out if you have the time.

Coloradofrost

Coloradofrost

I've been running saomething similar to this ratio, more like 4 Jacks, 2 Cal Ni and .5 Epsom. I do it this way to kick up the micros and the potassium. If you're going to do MOAB instead, you definitely want to cut down on the Jacks. Then you'll need to make sure your micros are sufficient...
Sorry I'm a complete newb to this jacks thing, how would you suggest keeping my micros up to par if i cut the jacks down to 2g/gal

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sorry I'm a complete newb to this jacks thing, how would you suggest keeping my micros up to par if i cut the jacks down to 2g/gal

You'll need another nutrient supplement from JRPeters, called MOST, or Mix Of Soluble Traces. Drop a line to Capulator on how to use it, I think he's been quoting above on the order of .05 to .1 gram per gallon strength.

For myself, I just noticed that I'm trading one P and K source for another, which only makes sense if I'm gaining something in the bargain. So what are you gaining? If I want a little more P than the Jacks gives, then I add a bit directly, I have some laying around.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
look at my recipes for success thread in the nutrient section. I run 2 grams jacks, 3 cal nitrate. 0.1 MOST with sulfer.

ALL the strains get the same meal. ALL the plants are blowing up with record highs.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

246ppm SO4 is 81ppm S.

Hey guys, my chemistry is super rusty atm. SO4=sulfate cause of the 4 oxygens? How do you know that 246 ppm's of SO4 is 81ppm's S?

HG23

HG23

If anyone is curious to know, the units of molecular weight are daltons or atomic mass units which are equivilant to about the mass of a proton or neutron. It isn't really important to know that for these calculations where you want to find the percentage of an element in a molecule, so if it confuses you just forget about it and work without units.

Latest posts

Top Bottom