Cheap Tote Grow

• Thread starter GreenHouser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Replace the cfls with LED Spot lights. That way 100% of the light will hit the plants. Use NW for veging NW + Warm White for early flowering, then 2 WW for the last 3-4 weeks .

That's a tiny closet for one plant let alone 4

You need to circulate the air

Cut a bunch of ~ 1-2" holes around the top (heat vents) and one on the bottom big enough for a small fan that should be on a timer ~ 5 minutes on, 1-20 minutes off- adjust according to your temps and RH.

Last edited:
dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

you mentioned not knowing what temps and humidity should be at, i like this chart to know where to aim for to keep plants happy.
VPDchart

those steel cabinets make nice micro grow spaces.

dreamofgreen

dreamofgreen

air movement is your friend. i like to have a fan horizontal to push cooler air straight up. a 4" or 6" or a couple 'puter fans would be good in your cab.
if you do future rounds in the cab i would be surprised if you don't want to upgrade your lighting. you have some diy skills, you should read up on building your own cob led.
you'll find the bud grown under cfl's will be way shy of potency, smell and flavor compared to your outdoor. if and when you get lighting that is more efficient and throws light in the proper spectrums to make a plant fully develop, you'll get closer to that quality.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

air movement is your friend. i like to have a fan horizontal to push cooler air straight up. a 4" or 6" or a couple 'puter fans would be good in your cab.
if you do future rounds in the cab i would be surprised if you don't want to upgrade your lighting. you have some diy skills, you should read up on building your own cob led.
you'll find the bud grown under cfl's will be way shy of potency, smell and flavor compared to your outdoor. if and when you get lighting that is more efficient and throws light in the proper spectrums to make a plant fully develop, you'll get closer to that quality.
First off, thank you for reading or looking thru a few pages before just saying, " switch to led or it'll keep suckin" I don't know what will come of the cabinet. I lucked up on a lot of things. It's more of a L, "lets see what will happen thing. I will definitely add more air in an out. I don'thave to worry about concealing or smell as a priorty. Only when its vital to plant life. I don't know anything about led lights. Then again idk anything about cfl light either. I know how to read an follow instructions so I won'tsay I can't. I have a bright led light 6x6 inches with about 100 led lights in it. Know idea what it was for or where it came from. I know that's not enough to gro with, but the way my mind works is I wonder if I can veg a few saps with it. Projects an reading, sounds fun to me. Thank you for your input @dreamofgreen. I can grow most anything outdoor, an I do. But this indoor is just harder. On a side note my greenis coming in nicely.

WP 20160605 07 16 22 Pro
WP 20160605 07 17 11 Pro
WP 20160605 07 17 35 Pro
SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

@GreenHouser I appreciate the offer but I'll pass. However I'm glad to see it worked out.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

did you hook up the led?what type is it,a flood light?will work well either way if its 6500k or there abouts.pics bro?
well..... Yes I did hook up the led. It's some kind of attachment for a camera. U can turn up or down.
what I ended up doing was pulling the Rubbermaid totes back out. An used it to veg two reg deathstars, their in big pots, I just keep staking them down low. I figure once I chop the one I can take them out of tote an into cab. I didn't really take any pics. It's in garage just sitting tight. I'm figuring no one really want to see another feeble attempt at doing something different expecting minimal results. I hooked it up cause its bright as hell. I still have to cut another hole in cab an fan it as an air intake. My outdoor is really requiring more attention these days. Shits otta control. Lolz. I am going to learn/practice cloning something. Don't know what, but lots of threads on here. Seems like a good arrow to put in ones quiver. The plant at hand here stinks. Seems pretty dense. Prolly somewhere between 7-15 gr dried. Hope for no headaches. Learned quite a bit.

keiksweat

keiksweat

well..... Yes I did hook up the led. It's some kind of attachment for a camera. U can turn up or down.
what I ended up doing was pulling the Rubbermaid totes back out. An used it to veg two reg deathstars, their in big pots, I just keep staking them down low. I figure once I chop the one I can take them out of tote an into cab. I didn't really take any pics. It's in garage just sitting tight. I'm figuring no one really want to see another feeble attempt at doing something different expecting minimal results. I hooked it up cause its bright as hell. I still have to cut another hole in cab an fan it as an air intake. My outdoor is really requiring more attention these days. Shits otta control. Lolz. I am going to learn/practice cloning something. Don't know what, but lots of threads on here. Seems like a good arrow to put in ones quiver. The plant at hand here stinks. Seems pretty dense. Prolly somewhere between 7-15 gr dried. Hope for no headaches. Learned quite a bit.
I think you're an old pro really dude..lol.ive gone right around the board and back on cloning methods.even built my own aeroponic spray mister type.now I cut em,scrape the ends,dip em in cheap ass clone gel,then stick em in seed mix and propagator.done.dont ask me why but I get a better success rate.kiss method strikes again..

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

PREACH !!! Plant starting to stink lol oh well. I was able to add two lil led grow light bulbs in, makes it pretty purple on the plant blah blah, water it tomorrow. cfls an leds. Shouldn't hurt anything. No more than anything else I've done to it..

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

damn... I look at it an holy shot I f'd some shit up lolz. Thinkin of redeemin on another lol

Wp ss 20160616 0003
Top Bottom