Cheese (Seedsman), Chemdog (Nirvana), Kali China (Ace), Sweet Zombie (Expert), Zamaldelica x Kali China (Ace)

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
As I am gradually circling the idea of doing a very small-scale project toward the end of next year, the second half of this was an interesting listen for me.

So I have been thinking about future breeding projects down the line. I think my plan is basically as follows. Note I can only flower 5 plants at a time and then I can have some more that are under 6 inches tall (or wide, no getting cheeky)....so basically I could preserve genetics with successive clones but not like, keep a big mom without that counting as one of my plants. Or when I flower cycle a dad for pollen, he counts.
  1. Get a decent diversity of strains to choose from so I have some experience growing good pot from a variety of genetic sources and get a sense for what is a good and bad plant according to my tastes. I think that once I am up to 20 total strains grown, I will have a decent idea of what I like and don't like.
  2. Try and find two good dads. One for daytime. One for nighttime. In other words, I start popping reg seeds and keeping an eye out for keeper dads (based obviously on liking the females in part), knowing I would only ever want to be trying out one at a time of each type.
  3. If I find a dad I really want to try out, I keep him and grow out a strain I want to cross him with looking for a good mom.
  4. Select the mom, make the cross, try out the seeds, and idk wtf to do from there but that seems like enough for at least the next couple years lol.
As I write out the above I can see it's really just one dad at a time, which sounds like enough to be honest. While I am trying out the seeds from one project I would just grow one fem of the other type (daytime or nighttime) to keep my personal supply at a good place.

Timeline wise, this would have me growing regs for the first time roughly one year after I started growing fems (late spring early summer), which seems like a fairly comfortable pace. I am obviously pushing it a bit with the back to back grows and growing multiple strains at once (lol), but so far I am really having the time of my life so why not think about how I want to evolve the good vibes as life goes on!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So I have been thinking about future breeding projects down the line. I think my plan is basically as follows. Note I can only flower 5 plants at a time and then I can have some more that are under 6 inches tall (or wide, no getting cheeky)....so basically I could preserve genetics with successive clones but not like, keep a big mom without that counting as one of my plants. Or when I flower cycle a dad for pollen, he counts.
  1. Get a decent diversity of strains to choose from so I have some experience growing good pot from a variety of genetic sources and get a sense for what is a good and bad plant according to my tastes. I think that once I am up to 20 total strains grown, I will have a decent idea of what I like and don't like.
  2. Try and find two good dads. One for daytime. One for nighttime. In other words, I start popping reg seeds and keeping an eye out for keeper dads (based obviously on liking the females in part), knowing I would only ever want to be trying out one at a time of each type.
  3. If I find a dad I really want to try out, I keep him and grow out a strain I want to cross him with looking for a good mom.
  4. Select the mom, make the cross, try out the seeds, and idk wtf to do from there but that seems like enough for at least the next couple years lol.
As I write out the above I can see it's really just one dad at a time, which sounds like enough to be honest. While I am trying out the seeds from one project I would just grow one fem of the other type (daytime or nighttime) to keep my personal supply at a good place.

Timeline wise, this would have me growing regs for the first time roughly one year after I started growing fems (late spring early summer), which seems like a fairly comfortable pace. I am obviously pushing it a bit with the back to back grows and growing multiple strains at once (lol), but so far I am really having the time of my life so why not think about how I want to evolve the good vibes as life goes on!
That'll work :) Played bean lottery all year (grew regs). You have to use your space for both flower and veg?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That'll work :) Played bean lottery all year (grew regs). You have to use your space for both flower and veg?
I have a short 2x2 tent I can use for a couple weeks at a time, but not long term. I can also squeeze into my wife's tent for brief periods, but tbh she is finding ways to fill that up.

Generally the plan for now is to pop new seeds about two or so weeks from harvest and then stash them somewhere until I have room to get them into their final pots, finish veg, and flower.

But idk life is evolving so who knows what the future holds lol my wife and I are childless and staying that way and we both have a strong interest in growing plants (hers just aren't pot).....so who knows. We could definitely be adding real estate to our household in the next twelve months either by moving to a house within the city (from a condo) or.....idk, a different state? I'd kind of like to get a house in the woods in Michigan (12 plant limit.....but grow licenses are cheap enough to maybe make it a gig that just contributes to income....), which is where I did most of my growing up, and just bounce back and forth. That would require some more money but wtf else am I doing? Just growing plants and making money (not related) lol.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I have a short 2x2 tent I can use for a couple weeks at a time, but not long term. I can also squeeze into my wife's tent for brief periods, but tbh she is finding ways to fill that up.

Generally the plan for now is to pop new seeds about two or so weeks from harvest and then stash them somewhere until I have room to get them into their final pots, finish veg, and flower.

But idk life is evolving so who knows what the future holds lol my wife and I are childless and staying that way and we both have a strong interest in growing plants (hers just aren't pot).....so who knows. We could definitely be adding real estate to our household in the next twelve months either by moving to a house within the city (from a condo) or.....idk, a different state? I'd kind of like to get a house in the woods in Michigan (12 plant limit.....but grow licenses are cheap enough to maybe make it a gig that just contributes to income....), which is where I did most of my growing up, and just bounce back and forth. That would require some more money but wtf else am I doing? Just growing plants and making money (not related) lol.
Hmm... not saying this is the absolute best path but if I had your options, I think I'd do the following. I'm stoned so bear with me.

1) The 2x2 just became SCROG only.
2) 3 - 6 Clamp Lights and CFLs bulbs.
3) 3 - 6 bonsai pots with trays.
4) Hold off on breeding till relocation.

Grow Steps:
1) Pop seeds under the CFLs.
2) Grow them into bonsais with simple pruning. Now you have momma plants. Keep them under CFLs.
3) Take a clone.
4) SCROG in the 2x2.

Harvest... have a clone ready for the next one. That will give you max yield with variety options.

Fudge

Fudge

I'd love to breed, but space and location say no. All my mother's will be Bonsai, like my widow mom. I have 4 more strains training and I'll keep 12 eventually under a cheap cfl under the stairs in a small cupboard. I'll be using my 3x3 as a scrog and hopefully get 5 harvests of a 1lb in the next 12 months, paying for all of my costs to run my 2 4x8 tents. I've got all of this in one room! A small runway through the middle and maybe 10 inches at the back of each. I know you have plant limits so are bound a touch but I fully agree, get a few good yields under your belt, fill the pantry with a few strains.

Look back in 12 months, maybe some extra cash, breathing space to look at more options.
Maybe less corona/travel issues. Economy will have hopefully bounced back making your dollar do a lot more.. You could easily make some cash and have enough to smoke. I have a 10 year plan now. I'm hoping it's legal by the time I hit my end game 😉
Good luck bro I hope you achieve your dreams

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hmm... not saying this is the absolute best path but if I had your options, I think I'd do the following. I'm stoned so bear with me.

1) The 2x2 just became SCROG only.
2) 3 - 6 Clamp Lights and CFLs bulbs.
3) 3 - 6 bonsai pots with trays.
4) Hold off on breeding till relocation.

Grow Steps:
1) Pop seeds under the CFLs.
2) Grow them into bonsais with simple pruning. Now you have momma plants. Keep them under CFLs.
3) Take a clone.
4) SCROG in the 2x2.

Harvest... have a clone ready for the next one. That will give you max yield with variety options.
It's an interesting thought... I don't think I will be keeping any mothers for a while (just not how I want to prioritize....I want to try to find a dad first) but I can see the logic to what you are describing.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Good luck bro I hope you achieve your dreams

There's this character in one of the Upanishads named Nachiketa, and he talks to Death about what happens when we die. But before that he talks about how to make "the flame of Nachiketa," which is a fire ritual. And the rest of the Katha Upanishad is about life, death, and everything. I find it illuminating and interesting. Like 4,000 years old maybe? It was ancient when the Aryans came to the Indian subcontinent, which is like 1,500 BC.

One day I want to have a strain that I call Nachiketa and I want it to be the most meditative strain I can manage. Like puff puff and just feel that meditative kind of high....I know what I mean and maybe you have something that you relate it to, but it's just the kind of high that makes you feel more in touch with everything and....idk, meditative.

That's the dream. One day, I hope.

Anyway here is my latest thinking on the future. I will get pics up of the plants in a bit. They are flowering at what seems like a nice rate to me.

IMG 20201023 131836596

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
There's this character in one of the Upanishads named Nachiketa, and he talks to Death about what happens when we die. But before that he talks about how to make "the flame of Nachiketa," which is a fire ritual. And the rest of the Katha Upanishad is about life, death, and everything. I find it illuminating and interesting. Like 4,000 years old maybe? It was ancient when the Aryans came to the Indian subcontinent, which is like 1,500 BC.

One day I want to have a strain that I call Nachiketa and I want it to be the most meditative strain I can manage. Like puff puff and just feel that meditative kind of high....I know what I mean and maybe you have something that you relate it to, but it's just the kind of high that makes you feel more in touch with everything and....idk, meditative.

That's the dream. One day, I hope.

Anyway here is my latest thinking on the future. I will get pics up of the plants in a bit. They are flowering at what seems like a nice rate to me.

View attachment 1047356
When I write Haze, btw, I am referring to a pack of (Nevil's Haze x Original Colombian Haze) x (Original Colombian Haze) from Authentic Genetics. The Skunk and Durban are also from @agseedco. Skunk and Original Haze come from Skunkman Sam, the Durban from Mel Frank...both via Todd McCormick.

The Black Widow is from Nirvana, whose chemdog has been absolutely fire. The Golden Tiger (basically two Thai strains and a Malawi) and Malawi are from Ace.

ALL subject to change a zillion times.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Here is the tent. Pushing a bit more calmag, k, and n in this next feeding. The girls are stacking pretty nicely. This is day 59 since cotyledons, day 29 of flower.

Note that sweet zombie is now in back and chemdog is in front.

IMG 20201023 161658780 HDR

IMG 20201023 161654982 HDR

hyde

hyde

garden looks fantastic, mang!

got a few tools for you. all those famous names: ditch. start puttin your spin on em and you'll never want to order, again.
the other: multi has made me smarter and gives me focus. my new fav, trashes the opioid damage symptoms that only i have and, we share. gravitate towards your fav. see what each does to your vitals, as you do it... we can regulate vitals in both directions and save a life, by regulating and anticipating. don't treat the symptom. you're too late and have done the damage. anticipate it and avoid it altogether. view your cultivars as- not varied highs... varied vitals, to seek your balance. the multi, i believe, will help you focus and milson... u ever get to vegas, or laughlin, i have an f1, i'd like you to try for yourself. it's a new fav that gave us all such focus, the three of us were like a single voice, just accelerated, with such focus, man, we learned a grip that day.
learn what freaks you out. make stress your bitch. it's causing reactions in your brain. if you can learn to tune them out... when you're freaked... and use them, when you're tired... you can use them to balance. low bp... smoke a cigarette... high bp... take a nap, play your fav song, right now... humidify the air to make your body use it. low bp... play music that annoys; call my xxx wife...
that kinda shit... learn your body and exploit it. could save your life. last night, it did mine. someone had to learn what's possible; someone had to be the first. no fuckin way, i was going to come in second.
now, we know we can anticipate and regulate bp.... before your body even thinks to get there and you choose to be hi, or ni

c ya round, milson.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
garden looks fantastic, mang!

got a few tools for you. all those famous names: ditch. start puttin your spin on em and you'll never want to order, again.
the other: multi has made me smarter and gives me focus. my new fav, trashes the opioid damage symptoms that only i have and, we share. gravitate towards your fav. see what each does to your vitals, as you do it... we can regulate vitals in both directions and save a life, by regulating and anticipating. don't treat the symptom. you're too late and have done the damage. anticipate it and avoid it altogether. view your cultivars as- not varied highs... varied vitals, to seek your balance. the multi, i believe, will help you focus and milson... u ever get to vegas, or laughlin, i have an f1, i'd like you to try for yourself. it's a new fav that gave us all such focus, the three of us were like a single voice, just accelerated, with such focus, man, we learned a grip that day.
learn what freaks you out. make stress your bitch. it's causing reactions in your brain. if you can learn to tune them out... when you're freaked... and use them, when you're tired... you can use them to balance. low bp... smoke a cigarette... high bp... take a nap, play your fav song, right now... humidify the air to make your body use it. low bp... play music that annoys; call my xxx wife...
that kinda shit... learn your body and exploit it. could save your life. last night, it did mine. someone had to learn what's possible; someone had to be the first. no fuckin way, i was going to come in second.
now, we know we can anticipate and regulate bp.... before your body even thinks to get there and you choose to be hi, or ni

c ya round, milson.
Love this. I think you are right. I need to be less goal oriented unless the goal is greater cohesion with life.

If I want to create, then the best way to do that is create, not plan. The whole damn thing will only ever be a project that ends at my death anyway, and god willing I've got some years left. Only in my thirties.

And if I imbibe what I create, I find my world coheres better. And I feel happier and healthier. True with food. True with drink. True with smoke (even just growing it).

Just drop this here. Sunday vibesssss...

IMG 20201025 120716837

"Milson, you're a weird son of a gun."

I know. 😆🙃🤣😎

Time to grow.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm starting to think these girls just ain't going to ten weeks lol. Beginning UV tomorrow (day 33 of flower). Pics in a few days when I remember and lights are on. Bugbee suggested they might flower faster...55-60 days of flowering would not be unreasonable...

This means I can drop seeds again soon!!!! My current mindset is to go dad hunting by running 5x Black Widow and 5x ((Nevil's Haze x Original Haze)xOriginal Haze). Thought is to grow out the girls but keep clones of the guys as little things (to stay under legal plant count...they have to be a certain height to count...I'm thinking bonsai style). Then flower the guys from the strain I pick as my fav (if either) and pick one as a probationary keeper (in another room in a mini tent) and do whatever with the rest of my flowering plant count. Depends on my yield on this and my next grow I guess. I guess the thought would be grow out some ladies I think he would be good for. Out of the twelve I have done by then I should definitely have some ideas...

And idk past that but that seems like a good project.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
End of week 5 of flower. End of day 65 since cotyledons.
IMG 20201029 183802053 HDR

Here is chemdog after two days of uv.
IMG 20201029 183818213 HDR

Here is Sweet zombie. She will get closer to the uv tomorrow. I expect a big frost difference.
IMG 20201029 183824493

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
These pics are of sweet zombie this morning, before her first round of more intense UV.

Planning to take pics tonight, tomorrow morning, and tomorrow night to compare.

IMG 20201030 100012366

IMG 20201030 100008752

Top Bottom