Chem Dog History

• Thread starter JJ-NYC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Narsguard

Narsguard

Happy B i don't believe in the argument i ever spoke to you personally or ever made a broad statement about everyone on this thread ever and yes you are right i do feel bad about a few things i said and the people i said them to they and i have already spoken and made things right if i offended anyone again i apologize people make mistakes esp when lies and a lot of time are involved and when people who are passionate about something get into it i tracked down the truth and am trying to do the right thing

Last edited:
Narsguard

Narsguard

Excuse me i was referring to the people i was arguing with directly and the people who were involved in the argument didnt mean to sound like i was taking away your reason to be upset and want to make sure i didn't come off as sounding like i was being a smart ass and the apology is for everyone on the thread involved in the argument or not thank you all

Last edited:
gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Phew. That was quite a history lesson / argument. Makes me wonder if the chemdog or Chemdog im running is really chemdog or Chemdog

Stanky1

Stanky1

I gotta feeling and think JJ doesn't stop by this thread much. I'm sure he's a busy man. But if so! This might be the place I can get a response. I've asked a few heads but no prevail. I traded cuts with an older head many years ago he was claiming this was the Candy Chem. I know there are plenty of candy cuts to go around but was possibly looking for a little closure on this gal. She smells dead on candy. About as sweet of a candy smell as I've ever came across and I own an original Indiana Bubble Gum.
Sorry no flowers. I can say she has 1 million bud sights. One after the other...
View attachment 526331 View attachment 526332
I'm a former Hoosier and am framilar with the cut you posted, or at least think I am. I've heard it called the "candy haze" and the "candy corn" lots of people running it in Indy and btown about 6 or 7 years ago. She grows real lanky and floppy, def an odd structure, smells just like ludens cherry cough drops with a sweet hashy finish IMO. You could have a cross of the candy but looks a lot like the cut we used to run.

Stanky

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
Hi everyone i just have some history that i and my fellow Vermonters would like to add to all this Soma lived in VT before he lived in NYC and the Orig . Diesel cutting my crew and a few other Vermonters have is from 95' and the strain was around pre 95' so idk if Soma should be changing anything and no one but us and Somas crew know this so i don't blame anyone for not knowing and for the record its called Original Diesel aka Soma Diesel Or Original- VT Diesel

@Narsguard Not to beat an old dead horse...but, how come Amos himself wrote in his book how a Dreddy from New York city gave him the "Diesel" bagseeds in Amsterdam...I believe after 2000. Something smells funny here.

One Flip

One Flip

@NarsguardSomething smells funny here.
I always thought Nspecta picked out his name from being a CSI fan! I later learned he was dubbed Nspecta cause he will hunt down the original origin and owners of every strain he touches..he told me how many people he talked to sourcing his Mendo cut (I believe it was Mendo) and I was like damn! this guy is like ancestry.com for weed! I saw this post and had to chuckle cause Nspecta's on the trail:eyepiece:

H

happy b

I always thought Nspecta picked out his name from being a CSI fan! I later learned he was dubbed Nspecta cause he will hunt down the original origin and owners of every strain he touches..he told me how many people he talked to sourcing his Mendo cut (I believe it was Mendo) and I was like damn! this guy is like ancestry.com for weed! I saw this post and had to chuckle cause Nspecta's on the trail:eyepiece:
Ho ho you cant hide the truth from the inspector...

Narsguard

Narsguard

Hi Nspecta as you can see we have an Original Diesel cutting that was thought to be something else and I'm actually glad it is what it is so now if i understand what you are saying i am now again confused when i spoke to Soma he said the friend with Dreadies to his knees now maybe not a big deal but the orig story was a guy with dreadies to the floor i thought well anyway he said to me the dude with dreadies gave him Mexican Sativa seeds not Diesel

Last edited:
Mudskipper

Mudskipper

I'm a former Hoosier and am framilar with the cut you posted, or at least think I am. I've heard it called the "candy haze" and the "candy corn" lots of people running it in Indy and btown about 6 or 7 years ago. She grows real lanky and floppy, def an odd structure,

There was a strain called "the corn" that existed in the pnw during the late 90's. The smell was extremely rich as well as unforgettable. It grew exactly as you described, and was told it originated from Indiana. Top notch goodies.

In the early 90's there was a strain in the area called "the chem". Its structure and smell looked nothing like the Chemdog/dog. After a few yrs it was crossed w/ another local favorite known by some as the "4 way", but to most known as the "snow bud". That cross was then named the C4.

This also was the days of the mighty "Trinity" aka "TC".

SPe G

SPe G

Chemdog History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brief background: This thread was started by H&L and edited by JJ-NYC.

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘Chemdog’ (now ’91 Chemdog), ‘Chemdog a’ (now Chemdog’s sister), and ‘Chemdog b’. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and Chemdog ‘d’ was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdog phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'.

In 1992, JJ became friends with the Weasel in central park. Sometime in 1992-93 the Weasel met Chemdog at a Phish show. They traded clones and he brought the Mass. Super Skunk and 91 Chemdog back with him to New York City and renamed the 91 Chem, "Diesel". Sour Diesel and Under Dawg came out of these clones.

Original Chemdog Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdog in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdog x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is Hawaiian/RFK Skunk X NL.) or 91 Chemdog X Mass Super Skunk
• Underdawg came from a cross of '91 Chemdog x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

• 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdog (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chemdog D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdog’s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chemdog D x ’93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdog D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)

JJ-NYC has been working on a Chemdog D-based seed line for several years now. He started by crossing Chemdog D to Sensi's Afghani after thoroughly testing both Sensi's Afghani and Sensi's Hindu Kush to determine which was more stable and would be better for the initial cross. JJ then did a backcross, known as "Double Dawg." Several phenos of this circulate and several people still have beans. JJ's latest work to the line is a second backcross known as "Tres Dawg" which is just starting to get tested. The Tres has produced many keeper strains, Tres Dawg(Chemdog D X Afghani #1 BX2), Star Dawg(Chemdog #4 X Tres Dawg), White Dawg(The White X Tres Dawg), and recently a new 91 Chem cross, Original New York City Diesel(91 Chem X Tres Dawg).

Wow.. Thx for that lot. Ive just re aquired the Chem4D! :)
Love the Chemdog D and Associates

Junk

Junk

Wow.. Thx for that lot. Ive just re aquired the Chem4D! :)
Love the Chemdog D and Associates

E4ian? Did you change the name? Or just using the same avatar as someone else on the forum perhaps?

Junk

Junk

There was a strain called "the corn" that existed in the pnw during the late 90's. The smell was extremely rich as well as unforgettable. It grew exactly as you described, and was told it originated from Indiana. Top notch goodies.

In the early 90's there was a strain in the area called "the chem". Its structure and smell looked nothing like the Chemdog/dog. After a few yrs it was crossed w/ another local favorite known by some as the "4 way", but to most known as the "snow bud". That cross was then named the C4.

This also was the days of the mighty "Trinity" aka "TC".

Can anyone who knows describe the original Chem buds? Meaning what kind of flowers does it make, what do they look like? Pictures online can't be trusted.

I was told I was buying Chemdog one time, & the smoke was enjoyable. But I doubt it was the real deal, & the buds were very distinct looking.

Top Bottom