Chem Dog History

• Thread starter JJ-NYC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

How are the buds easily to determine if you have the real deal Chemdog 91?

The reason i ask is becsuse ive grown the chem-d clone in 2 different enviroments and both produced different buds..

As you can see above she was grown under hps but this cut was grown under l.e.d

I also have a friend who grows blues/livers which is an old skool 90s skunk#1 pheno in coco and his buds never foxtail but when i grow here she always foxtails..

These pics are of the chem-d under l.e.d

Certain cultivars like Chemdog 91, Triangle Kush, and Sour Diesel are unmistakable. Even for cultivars that aren't, environment doesn't play so big a role that plants are unrecognizable.

I have never seen a picture of Chemdog 91 that didn't look unmistakably like Chemdog 91. Same with TK, same with Sour Diesel.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
It's not impossible, but it isn't very likely. Real deal '91 is held pretty damned tight even here in the states.

No use guessing until it blooms, the flowers are distinct enough that you should be able to tell then.
Chemdog 91 has been spread all over the USA, and i know at
least 4 people personally that have her in the UK.

souf69

souf69

Thats the D cut. Has the cannabis norovirus alot like tobaccos norovirus issue. Its only known to be in the D Cut. Yea my guess would be thrips and mites.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Thats the D cut. Has the cannabis norovirus alot like tobaccos norovirus issue.

This is a common misconception but it simply isn't true. Viruses don't 'stick' to one cultivar, if you have a cultivar that is infected the virus will spread. If it was a virus, we wouldn't only see it in Chemdog D and nothing else reliably.

Chemdog D has normal leaf variegation under certain environmental conditions.

souf69

souf69

This is a common misconception but it simply isn't true. Viruses don't 'stick' to one cultivar, if you have a cultivar that is infected the virus will spread. If it was a virus, we wouldn't only see it in Chemdog D and nothing else reliably.

Chemdog D has normal leaf variegation under certain environmental conditions.
Flip, While I certainly agree to disagree, you can straighten the pattern out with your own solution be it a regimen change, but an average grower will bring it right out of her. More than likely it will be the D cut, and or an infected brother or sister plant like you state.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

It's not impossible, but it isn't very likely. Real deal '91 is held pretty damned tight even here in the states.

No use guessing until it blooms, the flowers are distinct enough that you should be able to tell then.

Should be enough examples of fakes and non fakes online to guestimate the truth of the matter.. If anyone wants to partake in such an effort.

(Btw.. if one cultivar in ones hands.. was infected then spread.. but prior hands never passed it out while infected.. Then.. one cultivar certainly is affected. Plz dont throw out potential strategic information on how to deal with a clone only one may have aquired by chance.. and is then still infected.. we all need to know.. dont hurt us over ego.)

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Flip, While I certainly agree to disagree, you can straighten the pattern out with your own solution be it a regimen change, but an average grower will bring it right out of her. More than likely it will be the D cut, and or an infected brother or sister plant like you state.

Again, without a positive test result how do you know this is true? How do you tell the difference between what you call 'TMV' and your standard genetic variation? Isn't it a big clue to you that no other cultivars pick up this supposed 'virus'? Virii are HIGHLY communicable, that's basically their thing.

souf69

souf69

Again, without a positive test result how do you know this is true? How do you tell the difference between what you call 'TMV' and your standard genetic variation? Isn't it a big clue to you that no other cultivars pick up this supposed 'virus'? Virii are HIGHLY communicable, that's basically their thing.
Your a funny dude and I really have no need to dispute a strains irregularity with you. I didnt ask for your opinion nor do I care. Tmv is a tobacco virus not a canna virus, therefor it must be a canna virus. Lets see your Chemdog D pics. Even Growgod hated that cut.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Your a funny dude and I really have no need to dispute a strains irregularity with you. I didnt ask for your opinion nor do I care. Tmv is a tobacco virus not a canna virus, therefor it must be a canna virus. Lets see your Chemdog D pics. Even Growgod hated that cut.
I'm glad that your best guess is good enough for you, but it's not good enough for most people.

Reasonable people want evidence, and your best guess doesn't cut it. If TMV is really in cannabis it would be REALLY REALLY easy to test for it. Nobody has ever produced a legitimate lab test for TMV in cannabis.

Funny, idn't? It's almost as if it's an imaginary problem spread by credulous people who believe everything they hear.

souf69

souf69

I'm glad that your best guess is good enough for you, but it's not good enough for most people.

Reasonable people want evidence, and your best guess doesn't cut it. If TMV is really in cannabis it would be REALLY REALLY easy to test for it. Nobody has ever produced a legitimate lab test for TMV in cannabis.

Funny, idn't? It's almost as if it's an imaginary problem spread by credulous people who believe everything they hear.
I dont hear anything but babble comin from you. If I do post anything it is from experience not from what I hear or read.
And the marble issue is not really a problem but more of a symptom. The D cut is a tedious cut with more issues than just this as well. Again not Tmv. Go try out for an acting gig and maybe youll get a part with the real HeisenburG; oh wait you have no experience!

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

I dont hear anything but babble comin from you. If I do post anything it is from experience not from what I hear or read.
And the marble issue is not really a problem but more of a symptom. The D cut is a tedious cut with more issues than just this as well. Again not Tmv. Go try out for an acting gig and maybe youll get a part with the real HeisenburG; oh wait you have no experience!

Nobody is conviced by 'personal experience' except the person who had the supposed experience. Literally every crazy ass idea that any human has ever come up with has been supported by 'personal experience'. Personal experience is misleading at best, that's why reasonable people demand actual evidence.

I really don't understand how you can't comprehend this simple fact - Viruses are transmissable. If the Chemdog D trait were caused by a virus Chemdog D wouldn't be notorious for it because the virus would be in everything. The fact that Chemdog D specifically is notorious for it tells us it's not a virus.

Has there ever been a human virus that only one person on the planet can catch? Of course not, that's absurd.

souf69

souf69

Nobody is conviced by 'personal experience' except the person who had the supposed experience. Literally every crazy ass idea that any human has ever come up with has been supported by 'personal experience'. Personal experience is misleading at best, that's why reasonable people demand actual evidence.

I really don't understand how you can't comprehend this simple fact - Viruses are transmissable. If the Chemdog D trait were caused by a virus Chemdog D wouldn't be notorious for it because the virus would be in everything. The fact that Chemdog D specifically is notorious for it tells us it's not a virus.

Has there ever been a human virus that only one person on the planet can catch? Of course not, that's absurd.
Lilflip, Im not the only one that has experienced this. Many growers with the D cut have the same issue. Maybe we shouldnt call it a virus. We will call it a disease like you. Your not a grower but you are a lab rat. A pest, varmit, rodent, rat.
Be your kind and eat some nuttz.

Top Bottom