Chemdog Still Around?

• Thread starter Medicinal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420king-MASSES

To Snowblind: Thats it I'm movin to Cali!! haha I wish.
Hey grenbone I understand what you mean about Shanti etc. And I certainly admire what JJ's done with what he's got. Created some amazing shit from what I read on here. BUT, in my opinion you guys are a bit caught up in the hype of chems and "OG" etc. This market you're referring to, and whats considered "elite" only exists on the internet in my experience. I don't mean to denigrate the points you're making here but there is another world outside the internet, and its called.. the REAL world, lol.

im sorry but that just is not so elites have been around for years b4 the chem and og internet hype--which by the way Chemdog 91 was considered an elite back then along with nl5/haze those have imvho never been topped alot of strains come close but still fall short--deez is an elite we were blazin real deisel back in the late 90s up here in mass i love my o.g kush yet imvho its a hybrid of Chemdog 91 but depending on the pheno can be considered an elite purple urkle imo is an elite--but all these strains were elite b4 the internet buzz happened so im just disputing the internet hype of creating elites they were elite b4 the buzz happened

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I agree 420 there will always be those elites, thats what i'm always on the hunt for. And in my experience, I have never lived a day when there were not certain strains that breeders/growers didn't just love and guard heavily, hence elite

G

grenbone

Hey grenbone I understand what you mean about Shanti etc. And I certainly admire what JJ's done with what he's got. Created some amazing shit from what I read on here. BUT, in my opinion you guys are a bit caught up in the hype of chems and "OG" etc. This market you're referring to, and whats considered "elite" only exists on the internet in my experience. I don't mean to denigrate the points you're making here but there is another world outside the internet, and its called.. the REAL world, lol. The Chem's and OG's are only two of about one hundred great varieties of marijuana. Throw in the haze family and thats 3 (So i don't seem biased here) And I believe JJ knows this which is why he's been working with the africans trying to create something new for you guys. But to feel "lucky" that any of these breeders are selling you some good seeds, I think you're perception on what makes great bud is a bit skewed, well either that or you just really love chems, hey to each our own right? Anyhow my bad JJ for takin this thread off topic but I think some good points were made and I'd love to grow your stardawg like snowblind mentioned earlier so thats why I commented on what Zombiewolf said.

Hey grenbone I understand what you mean about Shanti etc. And I certainly admire what JJ's done with what he's got. Created some amazing shit from what I read on here. BUT, in my opinion you guys are a bit caught up in the hype of chems and "OG" etc. This market you're referring to, and whats considered "elite" only exists on the internet in my experience. I don't mean to denigrate the points you're making here but there is another world outside the internet, and its called.. the REAL world, lol.

im sorry but that just is not so elites have been around for years b4 the chem and og internet hype--which by the way Chemdog 91 was considered an elite back then along with nl5/haze those have imvho never been topped alot of strains come close but still fall short--deez is an elite we were blazin real deisel back in the late 90s up here in mass i love my o.g kush yet imvho its a hybrid of Chemdog 91 but depending on the pheno can be considered an elite purple urkle imo is an elite--but all these strains were elite b4 the internet buzz happened so im just disputing the internet hype of creating elites they were elite b4 the buzz happened

I agree with 420king-MASSES on this.

The hype on the internet over the OG's and chemdawgs started long after I was puffing on 91 Chemdog back in the early 90s. Some of the elites that I knew of before the internet weed craze back in the 90's are: 91Chem, BubbleChem, Nl5/haze, Skunk #1, Kozi, Mass Super Skunk, Durban Poison, Lemon Limes, Bubblegum, Chocolate thai, piff, and Captain Berry. This is just a short list. These were/are all elites, and to this day nothing has impressed me more than the real deal 91chem. There was no internet 'hype' about the chems or OGs that led me to my understanding of what is elite and what is not.

If gerardbutler wants The star dawg, isn't he kind of contradicting his own point? From what I've read, the Star Dawg is supposed to give the 91chem a run for her money (which speaks volumes about the potential of star dawg, and the dawgs in general).

The market I am referring to is not just on the net. In NYC, delivery services charge 50 bucks for 1.8 grams of shit like Sour diesel and Chemdog (done right). I hear that when it comes down to the real deal elite shit, prices are not that much better in cities like San Diego or L.A.

Most crosses that have come from chemdog(the person) have been outstanding elites in and of themselves. JJ is friends/partners with chemdog. If you know whats up (regardless of any internet hype), then you know Top Dawg is the name to be reckoned with when it comes to Chemdog genetics and crosses. If it weren't for JJ, people here would have to venture out and socialize/interact in order to try and obtain these genetics. In the 'REAL' world, many people like those here on these forums cannot afford to socialize for the obvious safety reasons. This makes JJ an incredible asset to the 'REAL' world.

420king-MASSES

grenbone is on point elites were elite b4 the internet hype machine took over--ya man i 4got to mention the mss and durbans those were popping off b4 the internet hype as well good call grenbone my dude bump for you dawgy

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

I agree with 420king-MASSES on this.

The hype on the internet over the OG's and chemdawgs started long after I was puffing on 91 Chemdog back in the early 90s. Some of the elites that I knew of before the internet weed craze back in the 90's are: 91Chem, BubbleChem, Nl5/haze, Skunk #1, Kozi, Mass Super Skunk, Durban Poison, Lemon Limes, Bubblegum, Chocolate thai, piff, and Captain Berry. This is just a short list. These were/are all elites, and to this day nothing has impressed me more than the real deal 91chem. There was no internet 'hype' about the chems or OGs that led me to my understanding of what is elite and what is not.

didnt they just call it chem back then?....haha.

but seriously folks, there have ALWAYS been "elite"s in whatever current weed scene it is. From panama red down to todays og an chems. Remember when Northern lights was the shit? there will always be a high end and a low end and some neat stuff in the middle.

and i kind of forgot what the point of this post was so I'll end it now.(thanks to Chem&Haze , fittingly enough):harvest:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
If you think about it elites didn't come around before people started growing their own weed. Because before that in the USA 1965-75 maybe even to 1980, before U.S. soil outdoor or indoor became the main source of weed, there were just the hi-grade black market weed. The most sought after stuff were names like Columbian Gold, Panama Red, Columbian Red, Acapulco Gold, Thai, Jamaican and Afghani. They were all massed produced outside the USA. Nobody was hoarding them they were trying to sell you as much as they could. They weren't elites they were Most Wanted.

To me the connotation 'elite" meant it was top grade but couldn't be had by all. They were hoarded in circles and hype built up about them. Some of it overhyped but much of it very good weed. This meaning of elite is fading some now because most of the elites are making their way around to many growers and have escaped the clutches of the hoarders.

G

grenbone

Tobor, I totally agree and hear what your saying about the word 'elite' being used in reference to clone-only and 'hoarded' strains like chemdog, etc.. I don't like using that word in reference to good herb because it sounds so fucking snobby. I actually never heard it used in reference to top-of-the-line and hoarded strains before I saw it's use on the net. lol I'll just call it some primo shit, man.;).

Back on topic: I wish chemdog would stop by and post up some pics of the Candy Chem, BubbleChem, and whatever else he might have cookin.

G

gooey

i think we all long for bigger releases but then it is not as rare...exclusivity is nice for the market...peacen puffs

G

gerardbutler79

i think we all long for bigger releases but then it is not as rare...exclusivity is nice for the market...peacen puffs

LOL this post makes me think of Michael Douglas in Wall Street when he says "GREED.. is good!!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscG3k91s58
lmao just bustin ur chops gooey :) but the sequel to the original was amazing.. would love to see what'd happen if weed became a new reserve currency like gold and silver.. oh the madness!! :character0029:

M

Musketaquid

Foreword to Chemdog and crew

Seems like you folks know Chemdog? Does he preach that free the weed strains rap? He should, he got the mass super skunk clones free (he offered money) because he said breeding for the people was what he was about...
In any case he should get credit, seems his work has gone farther than I imagined!!! The difference between someone who breeds good herb, and a good breeder is how many people enjoy the result...

G

grenbone

Seems like you folks know Chemdog? Does he preach that free the weed strains rap? He should, he got the mass super skunk clones free (he offered money) because he said breeding for the people was what he was about...
In any case he should get credit, seems his work has gone farther than I imagined!!! The difference between someone who breeds good herb, and a good breeder is how many people enjoy the result...

I heard he traded the Chem for the MSS, and indirectly too.

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Candy Chem is Chemdog D x Snowdog.... It smokes much like the D with a fruity mango funk to it... Def a very nice X by the Chemdog crew.... ~ODB~

Latest posts

Top Bottom