• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

Screenshot 20210801 233818

chemistry

chemistry

Good afternoon tokers and growers, hope your all well, an late update this week. 😁 Got folk over for the weekend, so flat out busy tonight and tomorrow entertaining. Plants, mites are still on the move, never had them this bad, I'm thinking its because there seems less moisture in the grow space because, as its cooler for the plants running the LED, as apposed to HID, which causes the plants to drink and sweat more due to the heat. Any way, other than the mites, the plants are doing ok, plenty of muff on the Super Lemon Haze, as there is on all of the plants. The weird one is the White Widow, not seen one grow like it is, seems more of an auto to me, in the way its growing, wrong label by the seed vendor maybe, because the last one I ran was also quite small for this strain, who knows. 😁 Right, lets have some pics. 👍

Pure Kush. You can see the mites taking off on this plant, hit this one more than the other three, so maybe the mites have favourites for some reason, and just like us, some food will taste like shit to them, which is good for us. 🙂
Pure Kush f4

Pure Kush f4a

Holy Punch. Thin leaves on this, must be holding a fair bit of Sativa.
Holy Punch f4

Holy Punch f4a

White Widow. Quite a whispy looking plant, would be nice if it grew into a single cola. 👍
White Widow f4

Super Lemon Haze. Best muff of the four strains. 🙂
Super Lemon Haze f4

Super Lemon Haze f4a

Gellato Auto outdoor. Been raining, again. Doing well, white muff is just starting to turn cinnamon. Week 14 from seed. 👍
Gellato Auto w14a

Gellato Auto w14b

Gellato Auto w14c

Gellato Auto w14d

Other things growing, are the French Golden Delicious apples, could be a good year, with a bit of luck. 🙂
Eating Apple a

Eating Apple b

Other than that, not a lot to report, so I'll cut this short, as I have a lot to do, so enjoy your weekend people, and above all, just keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, the weekend starts here, its Saturday morning, hope your all raring to go. 🙂 Right, mites have not moved much, they've had regular sprays with water that I left for 48 hours to settle, and PH'd to seven. The idea is that it drives the mites down away from the flowers, this is to stop them webbing the buds, as they can have as many stalks and leaves as they like, but not my buds. lol Apart from the mites the plants are on form and should be done in 3 weeks, the only problem child is the White Widow, it is just a weird flower this time, and last time it produced the least, got one more seed left, but I'm reluctant to waste me time on them, as they produce nothing much, but the other plant strains do well next to them, so it can't be environment, I'm putting it down to the seed. The White Widow and the Holy Punch look like auto's in the way they grow, keep saying it, but it must be a mix up with the seeds at the suppliers end. 😇 The Gellato Auto outdoor has full on cinnamon fronds, so its close to harvest, a few more golden trykes and its a chopper, had a small tester bud of the bottom of the plant, and it was ok, not a leg wobbler, but a full marathon would be out of the question after a bong. 😁 So that's outdoor auto that's about to start its second life, not hard to grow outdoors if any one fancies a go, you just have to keep an eye on bugs, as there are more plant chomping bugs outdoors than I have mites indoors. .lol On the technical side of things, there are no changes, but I have an idea to build a fibre glass trough to fit my persoanal needs 🙂, so I can fit my plants under my lights footprint better, this is in the pipeline, but I've not date to start this project, as I've a lot of work on at the minute that we're trying to get sorted before Winter sets in, I have my heart set on a custom trough, just lack the time to make it real, I'll get there. 😉 Right, lets have some pics. All plants have just finished week 5 and starting week 6 of flower today. 👍

Pure Kush. Past damage is starting to show on the leaves, but with a bit of luck they will just fall off and leave just the buds, like a trimless plant. lol Won't be holding my breath. 😁
Pure Kush f5a

Pure Kush f5b

Holy Punch.
Holy Punch f5a

White Widow. Don't know what the score is with this strain of White Widow, both seeds that I've popped have grown like auto's. Even MORE whispy than last week. lol
White Widow f5a

Super Lemon Haze.
Super Lemon Haze f5a

Super Lemon Haze f5b

Tomato's are doing ok, took the seed from some food market toms last year, with the intention of setting the seed this year, purely as an experiment to see if they would grow, and I have to say I'm slightly impressed by the way they've grown, one tomato at the food market costs loose change, a packet of seeds on the other hand can be a couple of dollars, so as an experiment I popped the seeds from my lunch. lol And this is how they're doing. I don't know the actual strain names, but one is a Beefheart and the other is a standard type tomato.

Standard tom.
DSC00520 2

Unknown Beefheart strain. Had a couple of the smaller one off, and eaten, nice taste. This has spurred me on to try some thing exotic next year, will have to skuttle round with my fork next time we're in a restaurant. lol
DSC00519 2

And that's all I have for you this week, will the mites create a webbery, will they win this round, tune in next week and find out, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Will you wash your harvest to clean out the mites ? Or ?

I have one in the same boat as ur kush not into smokin the little bastards , maybe concentrates for mine?

No, not washing Mosh, if they buds are bad, then they will become hash. The mites should get sieved out during the bubble bag process, but if not, then its compost. lol One thing I have noticed during my mite wars, is that they really don't like a high humidity, and I think I had this balanced with the HPS, they always arrive when I start to flower, so you want to be some were in between putting you into bud rot territory, or driving the mites down to the bottom of the plants to keep them away from your buds, and this is what I'm messing with at the moment. May as well do some experiments while I have them.

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, how are you all on this sunny Saturday morning, hope your all well. 😎 Plants have just finished week 6 in flower, and starting week seven this morning at lights on, two more weeks to go before chop. The mites are still with us, think the worst is over, no webbing as yet, so still hoping for a return for my effort, the Super Lemon Haze is the most repellent of the strains, good old Barney's. 🙂 I've still no clue as to what's going on with the White Widow, think its a lost cause, got two weeks to go, and looking at it, it may not be good enough to hash. lol The Holy Punch has to be an auto of some sort, as its the shortest plant of the four, just goes to show that seeds are every thing when it comes to growing, bad or abnormal seeds will just lead you up the garden path. ☹️ On a brighter note, the Gellato Auto outdoor is down and hung, had a bud from a lower branch to test it, it seemed fine, so its down. Not a bad smoke for an auto, the auto scene is a lot better than it was a few years ago, at one time you would have needed a big bowl on you bong to get off, but nowadays the auto's are nearly as good as the non auto strains, a very healthy future for tent, and small l growers like my self, who only want a bit of a toke for my self, and a turn on for close friends. 😉 Any way, lets have a look at some pics.

Pure Kush.
Pure Kush f7a

Pure Kush horse tailing, just finished week 6 of flower?
Pure Kush horse tailing

Holy Punch. Such a small plant.
Holy Punch f7a

White Widow. All the seeds have turned out different, don't know what's going on, but I'm reluctant to plant any more of them, as the last two have been a waste of time.
White Widow f7a

Super Lemon Haze. I'll say one thing for Barney's seeds, they all grow well, not had a bad seed from them, keep up the good work. 👍
Super Lemon Haze f7a

Gellato Auto. This strain did really well, I'd plant another of this strain. Good branching, good sized solid tops with little or no waste, a nice little auto. 😉
Gellato Auto w16a

Gellato Auto w16c

Trimmed and hung, not a lot of trimming to do on this plant, really nice plant to work with. 👍
Gellato Auto w16 cut n trimmed  4

Gellato Auto w16 cut n trimmed  3

And there ends the life of the Gellato Auto outdoor, I'll give it a month to cure a little, then I'll start its cremation, grab a couple of buddies and we've got a wake. 😁 I have to say that in the past I gave auto's a wide berth, but in their defence, they have come a long way since they first hit the scene, and I hope the dedicated auto breeders carry on fine tuning these plants, give it a couple of years, and auto's will be up there with the best. And at that point, technically you could grow all you smoke for the year outdoors, with minimal space needed, could be the future, and the savings on electric and all the other things that empty your wallet every week tending your grow. 😉 And that brings this update to and end, by next week I'll know how much damage the mites have cost me this round, so tune in next week for another edition of mite wars, until then, just keep tokin folks.. 👍

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
very prudry bro, all the stuff grown outside looks indoor quality. nice job. That was nice and early also, seems perfectly timed. What was your start date?

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

very prudry bro, all the stuff grown outside looks indoor quality. nice job.

Thanks Frank, I am impressed with the way auto's grow outdoors these days, would encourage people to grow one outdoors, at least once just to see how well the grow. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, hope your all wheels down and shiny side up. 🙂 Not much has changed this week, the mites seem less active, as the humidity rise seems to have slowed them down, a lot, the don't like rain. lol So maybe this some thing to consider if you don't want to spray chemicals that may cause side effects to you, never mind the mites. Thing that bugs me is, when I grew the last run with HPS, the mites stayed at the bottom of the plant, but with the LED, the mites stormed to the top unhindered, so what's the difference, I'm still using the same fan, extractor, same sized room, so what changed to cause the mites to move up? I've noticed the plants drink less with LED, maybe due to the heat, and I'm thinking the extra drinking creates some sort of dampness that the LED doesn't. So the next run I'm going LED from start to finish, and if the mites reach the top, then I'm back on the HPS for a run just to see if the mites stay on the bottom of the plants. Some were there's a link, its just finding it, and exploiting it in our favour. 👍 Other than that, the plants are on course to finish at the end of week 8, or 9. The Pure Kush looks the worst, as it was hit the hardest by the mites, its also the only plant that doesn't get hit on all sides by the fan, as it resides in the left hand top corner, this has it covered by the plant in front of it, so maybe fan moving/rotating corners is the way forward? The other three plants are doing fine, the Holy Punch is still auto sized, so have to assume that's what it is. The White Widow is a waste of time this run, it will produce nothing worth a toke, not even good enough for the hash bucket, wouldn't like to pollute the better trim already in the trim bucket. lol The Super Lemon Haze is just getting on with it, looks good, just how the others should look, so it just goes to show that good genetics are the best starting point for your grow. 👍 Anyway, week seven has just passed, plants are starting week eight of flower, so by next week, we should see how this grow is going to pan out, so with out further ado we'll move onto some pics. 👍

Pure Kush. Looks rough now, but no webs, so it should produce some thing, even if its only from the hash bucket. lol
Pure Kush horse tailing

Holy Punch. Packing on the frost.
Holy Punch f7a

White Widow. Not been the worlds best seeds for this strain, disappointed with these seeds, as it takes just as long to grow a good plant as a bad one. 😡
White Widow f7a

Super Lemon Haze. Best of the bunch. 🙂
Super Lemon Haze f7a

The Gellato Auto is trimmed and jarred, got around three ounces, so not bad for a plant that just sat in a bucket in the sun. 👍
Gellato Auto outdor  4

Gellato Auto outdor  7

And there ends another update, soon be time to sort out seeds for the next round, don't know what's poppin until I get my seed bag out and have a look what's left, so see you all next week, until then, just keep toking folks. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Hi chem..did that white widow grow like that right down through canopy? Maybe it was super light sensitive to the led..im liking the super lemon haze and gelato.i reckon will get you nicely chopped 😃

chemistry

chemistry

Hi chem..did that white widow grow like that right down through canopy? Maybe it was super light sensitive to the led..im liking the super lemon haze and gelato.i reckon will get you nicely chopped 😃

Yes, all the way through the canopy and all the other branches, not grown one of these before, don't think it is a White Widow, and don't really want to grow it again. lol I'm impressed with the Gellato Auto Max, and they don't take a lot of looking after, you should try one in the Summer, plant it in a pot, and up pot it as soon as the last frost has passed. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey brothers, I m into week 8 flower today myself, that Lemon Haze loooks great, thanks for the views.SS

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, how you all doing this Autumn Saturday morning. 🙂 Plants are now in flush as of this morning, I'll give them a couple of days and then cut them down, get them trimmed and hung to dry. Not a good harvest this time as the mites won this round, no webbing or dust on the buds, so this is as good a result as I can expect, thankyou mites. 😡 Three of the plants will produce a couple of ounces, but the big disappointment is the White Widow, bought three seeds, grown two, both were rubbish genetically, neither of the two I've popped have grown the same, and this last one is a joke, so much so, that I'm not going to bother with the last one, I feel I should crush it to get rid of it, or sell it to some one I don't like. 😁 If the Pure Kush had escaped the rath of the mites, then this would have turned out to be a good plant, stated well, and then I drowned it rushing to set up my hardware, lesson learned. 👍 The Holy Punch is the smallest plant of the four, I'd stake money on the fact that its miss labeled, and is really an auto, which is shame, as it could have done really well outdoors for the Summer if I'd known. 🙁 The only saving grace is the Super Lemon Haze from Barney's, its a nice looking plant, as are all the plants I've grown from Barney's seeds, good job, as I am partial to a lemon strain, don't know if I've said that before. lol So in a couple of days I'll be stripping out all the hardware, don't know if I'm going to post this part of the grow, as its well documented through out this grow diary, think I've bored every one enough with it, and if you've seen one painted grow space, you've seen them all. lol Right, pics of these four standing for the last time. 🙂

Pure Kush. Nice colouring, shame about the mites and the horse tailing.
DSC00552

Holy Punch. Bit blurred.
Holy Punch f8a

White Widow. Not seen any thing grow like this one.
White Widow f8a

Super Lemon Haze. Best of the bunch.
Super Lemon Haze f8a

And that's it for this update, back next week for the hanging, would be nice to have more than four hangers, but we'll have to see how it goes, so tune in next week for the hanging, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

That white widow looks similar to one the girls I have, mine grows slowly, but tall. I harvest my best gal today or tomorrow, am maybe going to top her and see if the lowers will fill out as I wait for the other 2 plants to fully mature. That big cola shot you took of the Lemon Haze is delicious looking, that's grown it up right, Cheers & enjoy your weekend.

chemistry

chemistry

That white widow looks similar to one the girls I have, mine grows slowly, but tall. I harvest my best gal today or tomorrow, am maybe going to top her and see if the lowers will fill out as I wait for the other 2 plants to fully mature. That big cola shot you took of the Lemon Haze is delicious looking, that's grown it up right, Cheers & enjoy your weekend.

I've no idea what's caused the White Widow to go the way it has, as the other three plants are normal, all fed the same nuits and watering times, and not seen another like it on the whole internet, a conundrum for sure. Can't wait to see yours jarred SS, end of one journey, start of a new one. 😉

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, how are you all this Saturday morning, hope your all well. 🙂 Right, we're all down, hung, dried, and jarred. 👍 Its not the best or biggest haul I've ever had, but it will do, as I still have a large stash to smoulder through, so the one plant I've kept is the Super Lemon Haze, love lemons. 😁 The Holy Punch I've kept too. The White Widow, and Pure Kush have gone into the hash bucket, which will be processed in a couple of weeks, as I now have enough trim from my last couple of grows to make it worth my while whipping out the ice bucket, I'll post the results with pics when I get the job sorted. 👍 I was hoping to be able to give you a full and definite review on my first excursion into LED, but due to the end result, I can only say that in veg, I saw no difference in the plants, four weeks from seed I could have flipped to flower, if it wasn't for the drainage problem early on in veg, so HID and LED are equal on that score. There is a massive difference on how the LED light is distributed, a bulb being round, and an LED being a flat board. I would like to see the next generation of LED lights take on a similar theme, and make the fixtures slightly curved to give a more outward penetrating light, as I feel that the flat surface makes the light to focused on one foot print, unlike a round light which puts light on the whole surface of the plant canopy, and not just the square under the light, LED light manufactures, please look into this, as your missing a trick . 😉 All in all I think the LED's will take over in the end, with a couple of design tweeks we could do better than we already are, and there's the savings on electricity to take into consideration, and in the end the savings from swapping over could see you end up paying for your LED's from the savings, win win. 👍 Anyway, lets see some pics. 👍

First up to be hung is the Pure Kush, it produced two hangers.
DSC00573

Second hanging is the Holy Punch which produced one hanger.
DSC00576

Third hanging is the Super Lemon Haze, it produced two hangers.
DSC00580

Fourth hanging is the White Widow.
DSC00578

White Widow, weird grower, grew like Millet.
DSC00572

And finished, but not cured in the bucket ready to glass jar.
Holy Punch.
Holy Punch f9a

Pure Kush.
Pure Kush f9a

White Widow.
White Widow f9a

Super Lemon Haze. 🙂
Super Lemon Haze f9b

Trim wise, most of the yellow fan leaves just dropped off with a gentle tap, on all four plants, so this is all the trim the four plants produced, don't think I'll become the hash king any time soon. 😁

On another note, while I was unplugging the hard ware to take it out and clean it up for the next run, this little stunner flopped its way into my grow space, seemed to love the LED, I switched the LED off and out the window it flew, Large Tortoise Shell butterfly, don't know what sex. 🙂
DSC00586 2

DSC00585 2

And that my friends marks the end of this run, and this update. Don't know when I'll get fired up again, got a lot on, busy time of the year for me in the Autumn, but hope to be at least ready to switch the lights on by the end of the month and get some seeds popped, don't know what I'm popping as of yet, but it won't be one of these White Widow seeds, twice they've been poor quality, so the last one is binned, or I'll only have another go, you know how it is. lol So until the lights come back on, keep poppin, keep watering, but above all, just keep tokin folks. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

Thanks for the trip with white widow and super lemon haze, fun grow, fun grow log. Keep on tokin, I'm in week 10, never been there. SS

amekins

amekins

Morning tokers and growers, how are you all this Saturday morning, hope your all well. 🙂 Right, we're all down, hung, dried, and jarred. 👍 Its not the best or biggest haul I've ever had, but it will do, as I still have a large stash to smoulder through, so the one plant I've kept is the Super Lemon Haze, love lemons. 😁 The Holy Punch I've kept too. The White Widow, and Pure Kush have gone into the hash bucket, which will be processed in a couple of weeks, as I now have enough trim from my last couple of grows to make it worth my while whipping out the ice bucket, I'll post the results with pics when I get the job sorted. 👍 I was hoping to be able to give you a full and definite review on my first excursion into LED, but due to the end result, I can only say that in veg, I saw no difference in the plants, four weeks from seed I could have flipped to flower, if it wasn't for the drainage problem early on in veg, so HID and LED are equal on that score. There is a massive difference on how the LED light is distributed, a bulb being round, and an LED being a flat board. I would like to see the next generation of LED lights take on a similar theme, and make the fixtures slightly curved to give a more outward penetrating light, as I feel that the flat surface makes the light to focused on one foot print, unlike a round light which puts light on the whole surface of the plant canopy, and not just the square under the light, LED light manufactures, please look into this, as your missing a trick . 😉 All in all I think the LED's will take over in the end, with a couple of design tweeks we could do better than we already are, and there's the savings on electricity to take into consideration, and in the end the savings from swapping over could see you end up paying for your LED's from the savings, win win. 👍 Anyway, lets see some pics. 👍

First up to be hung is the Pure Kush, it produced two hangers.
View attachment 1167436

Second hanging is the Holy Punch which produced one hanger.
View attachment 1167437

Third hanging is the Super Lemon Haze, it produced two hangers.
View attachment 1167438

Fourth hanging is the White Widow.
View attachment 1167439

White Widow, weird grower, grew like Millet.
View attachment 1167440

And finished, but not cured in the bucket ready to glass jar.
Holy Punch.
View attachment 1167446

Pure Kush.
View attachment 1167442

White Widow.
View attachment 1167445

Super Lemon Haze. 🙂
View attachment 1167444

Trim wise, most of the yellow fan leaves just dropped off with a gentle tap, on all four plants, so this is all the trim the four plants produced, don't think I'll become the hash king any time soon. 😁

On another note, while I was unplugging the hard ware to take it out and clean it up for the next run, this little stunner flopped its way into my grow space, seemed to love the LED, I switched the LED off and out the window it flew, Large Tortoise Shell butterfly, don't know what sex. 🙂
View attachment 1167450
View attachment 1167449

And that my friends marks the end of this run, and this update. Don't know when I'll get fired up again, got a lot on, busy time of the year for me in the Autumn, but hope to be at least ready to switch the lights on by the end of the month and get some seeds popped, don't know what I'm popping as of yet, but it won't be one of these White Widow seeds, twice they've been poor quality, so the last one is binned, or I'll only have another go, you know how it is. lol So until the lights come back on, keep poppin, keep watering, but above all, just keep tokin folks. 👍
Well done! Nice summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom