Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Agreed, it's the future of cannabis, and I believe even some of these newer photoperiods might be using the traits, actually. It allow shorter flowering times, and lends stability to the light regime, so if you want to wander farther into say sativa traits than was possible before, because of flowering time constraints, or the plant turning herm, injecting auto traits would be the natural answer to that dilemma.

Some people seem to think auto's are making cannabis weaker, but I demur, I believe exactly the opposite is happening. More diversity is possible, and the genetics are become much, much more diverse.

If you look at the pics of my Gellato Auto grown outdoors this Summer gone, you can see mites having a go at it at the bottom, but try as the might, the mites were kept at bay by the auto, so maybe the auto's are more resilient, and it wasn't a wet Summer here, so its some thing the plant did/has. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

I may have something in my grow as a clear liquid was oozing from a bud or two at the tips of the colas, can't get a picture because I just started Linux Debian and need to learn to upload them . Good luck.

chemistry

chemistry

I may have something in my grow as a clear liquid was oozing from a bud or two at the tips of the colas, can't get a picture because I just started Linux Debian and need to learn to upload them . Good luck.

If it looks like hard syrup, then its just sap, its how plant trunks expand. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

Thank's Chemistry I was worried, my grow mentor had a bad back yesterday and didn't come by my place, but he said the sap smelled ok. Topping no.2 today so I'll keep a watch on no3. for sure. SS

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, time to clean those bongs and pipe clean those neat pipes, the weekend is here. 🙂 Right, seedlings are starting to go for it, all have good colour and vigor. Seems its a three plant grow, as the Amnesia Lemon won't be joining this green journey. 😒 But the other three are off, the ten year old seed of the Juan Herer is starting to shake off the odd leaf pattern on the tips, so it looks like a goer. The Zkittles is the biggest plant of the three, followed by the Pure Kush, and third is the Juan Herer, all have a different look about them, you can see the large amount of indica in the Juan Herer compared to the other two strains which look sativa based. Don't know if I've done some thing different this run, but the seedlings seem slow to take off, weather is a bit cold, borderline frosty, so maybe its time to restrict the cold air vents a little, and keep the heat in a bit more. 😉 This week saw me make a start on my one and a half gallon trim bucket, got the trim broken down in to roller sized pieces, I'll get the buds spinning in the trim spinner later when I get a minute, then leave it spinning for a couple of hours. I find it does a better job if you run it slow rather than smash the buds to bits and wind up with to much rubbish to sift on your sifting trays, the idea being to roll off the frost. 😉 Anyway, lets have some pics before this update turns into a book/books. 😁

Pure Kush. Week three of veg, was hoping to flower these three plants at week four weeks, but I seem to be a week behind. 🤔
Pure Kush v3a

Pure Kush v3b

Zkittles.
Zkitttles v3a

Zkittles v3b

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer v3a

Other things. Finally got round to getting my trim bucket out and gather up the siffting tools,🙂 been trying to sort out some hash for a while, but just don't have the time spare to sort the job out, this morning sees me make time, don't know if I'll get the whole job done today (would be nice) but even if I ONLY get the spinning done, then we're half way there. 😉 I don't use any thing fancy, because as you already know, things can get sticky, very sticky, very fast, so it helps if you can just dump the sticky stuff, with little cost to your self. This is what I use, a cheap build, a couple of bits of wood, all off cuts, and bits of wood destined for the log burner. Just slap them together, and your off. I made this spinner, I was well stoned at the time, just wanted to see if it worked, sort of a stoner project, 🙂 And blow me if it didn't work really well, so well I've not got passed the prototype to build a better one, one buddy sat on it and crushed it, you can still see the curvature in the mesh. lol It stuck back together and is nearly worn out. I keep my eyes pealed for better parts and the auto jumbles, but until the prototype wares out. 🤣 Anyway, if you like the idea, get one built, and post your design in your diary, you might have a better design than mine, in which case, I'll nick your ideas to update mine. lol Right, lets get spinning. 👍

This is my spinner, its just a large plastic box with a clip on lid, the lid keeps the fine dust in, as we don't want to lose that do we. 😉
Hash Making 1

Trays x2, can't remember the mesh size on the trays or the tumbler, but there's plenty of good advise online. I remember going for a good sized mesh for the tumbler, going with the idea that it would block less, and as I'm sifting it later, it doesn't matter if I get a bit of debris in my container. 👍 If you look at the mesh, you can see the difference, the one on the right is wide meshed, the one on the left is finer. I use the wide gauge mesh tray first to take out all the rubbish, then the finer tray to create the magic. 🪄
Hash Making 2

Motor, the motor for my spinner, I chose a 12v Denso windscreen wiper motor off my old 4x4, cheap, and has a bit of torque on low power to turn the spinner, also its an electric motor that is meant to be running for a couple of hours, so it is purpose built really for the job. 😉
Hash Making 3

How to fill the spinner.
Hash Making 4

Hash Making 5

I fill my spinner to three quarters full, this will reduce after a couple of hours spinning.
Hash Making 6

Hash Making 7

Hash Making 8

This is the trim that's going in the spinner from the trim bucket.
Hash Making 9

And that's it, was hoping to have a video of the spinner in action, but that will have to wait. Hope to get every thing spun and prepared this afternoon so I can show you the results next week.
So until then, build your self a spinner, and get spinning that trim, and above all, just keep tokin. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Thars freaking awesome Chem..love it....runs off to make one 😃

Edit : howd you get the motor spinning instead of just back and forth..

If you look at the pictures of the lid, the alloy pin is one half of the spindle, and there's one more at the opposite end, it just pokes through the hole in the side of the box, same at the other end, the spindle on the door/lid goes to the motor to be turned. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Good evening tokers and growers, a late one this week, had a lot to do today, was just hacking my way through my job card, when the doctor rang, been waiting for a flu jab, we have to go to the doctors surgery one patient at a time, a long drawn out affair, but it does make folk happy, so I suppose its all worth it, and I'm all jabbed up now, so come and get me flu's. 🥊 Right, plants are doing ok, just need them to fill out the pot a bit more, and then I'll get them flipped over to 12/12. Now in week four of veg, so end of next week maybe. 👍 Got some hash spinning done, but didn't get round to doing any pressing, so this week I will find time to make a simple, cheap to build, another prototype that will last forever, press for the masses. 😁 Suppose we'd better look at some pics then. 🙂

Pure Kush. Some fat fingers forming, looks a bit of a palm tree at the moment. lol
Pure Kush v4b

Pure Kush v4a

Juan Herer. Real fat fingers on this plant, very compact, don't know what it is, but it has what looks like a dead patch at the bottom of the stem, hope this wont effect it in any way, but as we all know, all it needs is a visit from sods law.
Juan Herer v4b

Juan Herer v4a

Zkittles. All the seeds I bought of this strain have made good strong plants, and this one looks like its going to do the same. 🙂
Zkittles v4b

Zkittles v4a

Amnesia Lemon.
Amnesia Lemon v4a

Back to hash making, part two, lets spin some stuff. 🎡 As you can see from the pic bellow, even a small spinner like mine can churn out some dust, this is why I like to spin in an enclosed box, or you find you have a room full of yellow dust, and nothing in your box to collect. 😁 Also note the reduced amount of greenery in the spinner cage, good, this means we have knocked some thing off. 👍
HM 1a

Moving the spinner to one side, you can see what we have collected, scooped up a nice bowl full from the left.🙂
HM 1b

But what caused the other divit on the right hand side?
HM 1c

Me dropping my lighter in while scooping out a bowl. 😁
HM 1d

Next stage is to gently brush every thing out of the box.
HM 1e

Then flip it onto your first screen, I'd advise folk not to go to fine with they're screens, as life is to short. 😁 This is what it looks like on the screen, full of unwanted little bits, time to shake off the good stuff. 🙂
HM 1f

And it was at this point, I ran out of time, so the pressing part of the proceedings will be covered next week. 😁
HM 1h

I would have loved to get this lot pressed today, but its been a long one, time to spend time with the family and chill out, so drop in next week and see what happens, will hash make an appearance, what will the end weight be, looks like maybe and ounce, will it be sticky, find out next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Good evening tokers and growers, a late one this week, had a lot to do today, was just hacking my way through my job card, when the doctor rang, been waiting for a flu jab, we have to go to the doctors surgery one patient at a time, a long drawn out affair, but it does make folk happy, so I suppose its all worth it, and I'm all jabbed up now, so come and get me flu's. 🥊 Right, plants are doing ok, just need them to fill out the pot a bit more, and then I'll get them flipped over to 12/12. Now in week four of veg, so end of next week maybe. 👍 Got some hash spinning done, but didn't get round to doing any pressing, so this week I will find time to make a simple, cheap to build, another prototype that will last forever, press for the masses. 😁 Suppose we'd better look at some pics then. 🙂

Pure Kush. Some fat fingers forming, looks a bit of a palm tree at the moment. lol
View attachment 1181408
View attachment 1181407

Juan Herer. Real fat fingers on this plant, very compact, don't know what it is, but it has what looks like a dead patch at the bottom of the stem, hope this wont effect it in any way, but as we all know, all it needs is a visit from sods law.
View attachment 1181410
View attachment 1181409

Zkittles. All the seeds I bought of this strain have made good strong plants, and this one looks like its going to do the same. 🙂
View attachment 1181419
View attachment 1181418

Amnesia Lemon.
View attachment 1181420

Back to hash making, part two, lets spin some stuff. 🎡 As you can see from the pic bellow, even a small spinner like mine can churn out some dust, this is why I like to spin in an enclosed box, or you find you have a room full of yellow dust, and nothing in your box to collect. 😁 Also note the reduced amount of greenery in the spinner cage, good, this means we have knocked some thing off. 👍
View attachment 1181423

Moving the spinner to one side, you can see what we have collected, scooped up a nice bowl full from the left.🙂
View attachment 1181424

But what caused the other divit on the right hand side?
View attachment 1181425

Me dropping my lighter in while scooping out a bowl. 😁
View attachment 1181426

Next stage is to gently brush every thing out of the box.
View attachment 1181428

Then flip it onto your first screen, I'd advise folk not to go to fine with they're screens, as life is to short. 😁 This is what it looks like on the screen, full of unwanted little bits, time to shake off the good stuff. 🙂
View attachment 1181429

And it was at this point, I ran out of time, so the pressing part of the proceedings will be covered next week. 😁
View attachment 1181430

I would have loved to get this lot pressed today, but its been a long one, time to spend time with the family and chill out, so drop in next week and see what happens, will hash make an appearance, what will the end weight be, looks like maybe and ounce, will it be sticky, find out next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍
looks great too me,might be knomes tracks in there also hahahah,are those strains you got off amazon,they loo great bro

Madmax

Madmax

Hi Chem...i really hope the herer keeps alive .ive had similar on a branch outside and i had to cut it off because it died .it took a little while though.was grey and black which imthough was mold or some sort of fungi....hopefully its not that though...

How much gear you throw in the hash spinner.looks like you got jags there😎

chemistry

chemistry

Hi Chem...i really hope the herer keeps alive .ive had similar on a branch outside and i had to cut it off because it died .it took a little while though.was grey and black which imthough was mold or some sort of fungi....hopefully its not that though...

How much gear you throw in the hash spinner.looks like you got jags there😎

The spinner holds around a gallon and a half of trim, don't know what that equates to in weight? As some stuff in the trim bucket is fluffy, or branchy. Yes, hoping the Juan Herer pulls through, shame after ten years if it doesn't. But, if it goes down, I might chop it back to green wood, then plant the whole thing as a cutting, then see what happens. lol

Madmax

Madmax

Shes bigger than i thought.. 😃...this contraption needs a name..hmm 🤔.id rather dry sift than bubble bags any day only because im doing something wrong.. everthing is in last one including heeaps of water it doesnt seem to want drain so i use a sryinge...

Maybe wipe the stem with something chem that will get rid of it...

chemistry

chemistry

Shes bigger than i thought.. 😃...this contraption needs a name..hmm 🤔.id rather dry sift than bubble bags any day only because im doing something wrong.. everthing is in last one including heeaps of water it doesnt seem to want drain so i use a sryinge...

Maybe wipe the stem with something chem that will get rid of it...

You need the tumble drier effect in your spinner to break off the trykes, I would say I used around a gallon, that left half a gallon of space to roll round in. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Hmmm..a tumble drier you say a 💡 moment.goes out into pantry and start disasembling the tumbler..back door opens in comes wifey...me putting tumbler back together 😂

I was trying b to fix it dear 😃

chemistry

chemistry

looks great too me,might be knomes tracks in there also hahahah,are those strains you got off amazon,they loo great bro

Sorry Oldy, bit stoned last time I read this, no not the seeds from Amazon, the Juan Herer is seed I bought from a member on the Dank Den, got to be over ten years ago now, kept running cuttings from it, but flowered out the last plant when I gave up my veg space. So this is the last of that seed. The other seeds I bought from other places. I grew one of the Amazon seeds and it showed out as a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom