Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

You need to drink more piss 😃..hows the brews going.have you done anymore impulse buying brew kits ..

chemistry

chemistry

You need to drink more piss 😃..hows the brews going.have you done anymore impulse buying brew kits ..

Just finished maturing another 80 pints of Ruby Beer, ready this Saturday going by the instructions, but its always better left for another two weeks, but that means I'll have to dry out. 😁

Madmax

Madmax

Your gonna have to show us your collection some day. Chem or do you hit party party mode and poof gone in one session ha.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What kinda brewing do you do @chemistry? I brewed beer for almost 10 years, was a very addictive hobby in more ways than one.
I was getting really serious about it by the time I stopped, was using all sorts of fancy automated equipment with recirculating mash, temp controlled fermenter, beer was aged cold in kegs and served from a kegerator.

Turned out I became a slave to brewing and cleaning brew gear and almost overnight I lost interest. Then my shop got broken into and half my gear stolen. Never did get back into it.

chemistry

chemistry

Your gonna have to show us your collection some day. Chem or do you hit party party mode and poof gone in one session ha.

I average half a pint per evening, but when buddies turn up, I shift into sports mode. lol Cant stand hangovers these days.

chemistry

chemistry

What kinda brewing do you do @chemistry? I brewed beer for almost 10 years, was a very addictive hobby in more ways than one.
I was getting really serious about it by the time I stopped, was using all sorts of fancy automated equipment with recirculating mash, temp controlled fermenter, beer was aged cold in kegs and served from a kegerator.

Turned out I became a slave to brewing and cleaning brew gear and almost overnight I lost interest. Then my shop got broken into and half my gear stolen. Never did get back into it.

I just do the simple kits, like the St Peters Ruby Beer kit I've just finished. I like the no hastle kits these days, I used to boil all the hopps and the grains, but like you, its to much work, so I just stick to the easy bucket to bottle kits. Thing is, when you've done a few kits, you wind up with an array of beers to choose from, and I do love a beer and a bud in the evening, hard to find any thing that marries a smoke more than a nice beer. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Craft brewers have popped up everywhere here in last decade or so..they have really taken off .. not far from me is the largest hop drying kiln in the southern hemisphere...... think its something 600hectares.haas is running it i think...
Images

chemistry

chemistry

Supermarkets populated the world with craft beers, here too, no bad thing, I like to empty a bottle of beer, and then recycle the bottle by refilling it with more beer. 🍺

Madmax

Madmax

I should do i vid one day and show you guys the ropes...stringing is being done now. (String from ground to a cable 20ft high ).the hop bushes are just starting to grow and soon the workers will b training the vines up the string.they just twirl the vines anti clockwise and in early feb we do the experimentals and at beginning of march harvest is in full swing till around 7th april..you can smell the hops for miles lol..theres half a hop to a beer..i better not talk too much ..i might give myself away lol..

Edit: you guys would love it here

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Sorry Oldy, bit stoned last time I read this, no not the seeds from Amazon, the Juan Herer is seed I bought from a member on the Dank Den, got to be over ten years ago now, kept running cuttings from it, but flowered out the last plant when I gave up my veg space. So this is the last of that seed. The other seeds I bought from other places. I grew one of the Amazon seeds and it showed out as a male.
havent heard dank den in a minute hahaha,that crew is all gone pretty much

chemistry

chemistry

I should do i vid one day and show you guys the ropes...stringing is being done now. (String from ground to a cable 20ft high ).the hop bushes are just starting to grow and soon the workers will b training the vines up the string.they just twirl the vines anti clockwise and in early feb we do the experimentals and at beginning of march harvest is in full swing till around 7th april..you can smell the hops for miles lol..theres half a hop to a beer..i better not talk too much ..i might give myself away lol..

Edit: you guys would love it here

Interested, do a vid Max. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

havent heard dank den in a minute hahaha,that crew is all gone pretty much

Me neither, only you and NewH, but not had a PM from him for long while, pm'd him last week to see if he's still out there. Can't remember his whole member name, some thing charm? Talked to him last year, said he'd joined the Police force, so I don't think he started his weed farm in the end. Forgotten the name of the owner of Dank Den, but he died of cancer, that's why it went down, took a lot of flack as he was to ill to sort folks seeds, so some people didn't get there orders before he died. Shame, it was a nice friendly site, not unlike this one. 👍

Reno

Reno

Me neither, only you and NewH, but not had a PM from him for long while, pm'd him last week to see if he's still out there. Can't remember his whole member name, some thing charm? Talked to him last year, said he'd joined the Police force, so I don't think he started his weed farm in the end. Forgotten the name of the owner of Dank Den, but he died of cancer, that's why it went down, took a lot of flack as he was to ill to sort folks seeds, so some people didn't get there orders before he died. Shame, it was a nice friendly site, not unlike this one. 👍
Yo, His name was Rez, and I have the beans he made.... and crossed them, and talked to NewH a while back as well....good folks, and ran a batch of Shine recently.... came off the Still at 170 Corn and Rye ... good stuff, hope everyone is still groovin....been a while .... and GT21 is doing good as well, Keep On Keepin On ~

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, I'm sat here taring into a fully cooked breakfast, sausage, eggs, bacon, fried bread, ect, preparing to hack back some hedging before the Winter sets in, that way I don't have a pile of bush cutting to do early Spring, got a buddy coming to help, just helps me stay one step ahead. 😉 The other things I grow are doing well, not lost any as of yet. Flipped over to 12/12 this morning when the lights came on, so now we'll see what happens. This will be my second flowering with the LED light. Don't know if I did anything wrong with the LED in flower last time, but I feel like I missed some thing important, some thing that needs changing, what it is, I don't know, but I hope to find out this run. I'm happy with vegging with the LED, but not with the flowering. 🤔 Thing is, if it was just me, that would be fine, but other members are quibbling over the same issue, Max is on the same thing too at the moment, but when you look at some other growers, they seem to be fine? So this time round I'm going to dabble a bit more with the settings and position. I think the addition of the threaded bars last run made a difference, it lays your light fittings flatter, purely because you can adjust the bar by twisting the bolts, but the wire hangers that came with the light were rubbish, as the only way to balance the light fixture was to cut and re-crimp the hanging wires, this is fine until they get warm and stretch, I don't have this problem now since I changed to solid bars. 😉 Right, lets have some pics. 👍

Pure Kush. Doing well, filled its pot, and its corner, looking green and mean, just how I like them. 🙂
Pure Kush v5b

Pure Kush v5a

Zkittles. Think this one is going for it, biggest of the three plants, a lot more bushy than the Pure Kush, think its had its weetabix. 🙂
Zkittles v5b

Zkittles v5a

Juan Herer. Still here, still injured, now its starting flower, we'll see if it can keep up, finger crossed. You can see the indica in its make up. 🙂
Juan Herer v5a

Other things. Hash Press, finally got out in the work shop to look for some thing to crush my hash into blocks. So I had a bong, and started my search. I was looking for some thing easy, you know, a five minute job, both for cleaning and putting together, so that was my brief. I had another bong just to help me along, as you do, then decided that I didn't want kilo slabs of hash, so no need for a big press, as most of my hash comes from pop corn buds and trim, which after processing, works out and around a solid quarter of and ounce. So a small press that suited my needs was the order of the day, I can always buy an industrial press if I ever feel the urge to grow in a field or warehouse, which is unlikely, as I don't want the work. So what kind of crush did I need? 10 tonne? Its only a bit of dust, how much crushing does it take to set a quarter of an ounce? Not ten tonne, that's a fact, so I aimed a fair bit lower. Tried the bench vice, but it didn't have what I was looking for, plenty of crush, try sticking your finger in it and wind it up. 😁 So I figured that was more crush than I needed, and my plan was for some thing a lot smaller, compact if I could achieve this with out to much hastle. Then I caught sight of the very thing I was searching for, hung on a old rusty nail, three different sizes of G Clamp, the middle size had me reaching for it with a smile, right, that will do for the press, now I needed a vessel to crush in? Well outside my house, the road people have dug up some pipes, and placed these orange poles round the holes they'd dug to stop folk falling in. Well on inspection, while walking to dog, these poles seemed to have what I was looking for, stiff tube, steel, and would it stand up to a good crushing? Well after buttering up the foreman, and telling him what a good job him and his crew were doing, I managed to obtain one of these poles, given by the said foreman. Cowabunga! 😁 So I'm now the proud owner of some nice bright orange steel road safety tubing for my project. So another bong was had, well it was the weekend, and not a work day. 😁 Well, I'd forgotten how hard it is to saw pure steel tube with a hand hack saw, and soon had a full sweat on, should have cut it, then had a bong. 🤣 Anyway, after some effort, I had my tube, and my press, now to make it work. I cut a length off the tubing, two inches long, while this doesn't sound like much, but this tubing is an inch wide, so it can swallow a fair amount of trykes in one go, you'll be surprised at the amount. On to the build pics. 🙂

This is the tube that I was given, its two inches long and one inch inch wide.
DSC00688

Don't know about you lot, but I've tried this sort of thing before, with shop bought items, and they were shit, had one of the alloy type crushers with the T bar, and got the hash stuck in the tube, plus the alloy bent out of shape, and was not up to the job, first and last time it was used, absolute garbage. this is why I chose this tubing, its steel, and won't crush out of shape. The other downfall of the crushers I've bought, was the sticking, so this had to be addressed too. Last time I tried this the washers got stuck in the tube, and as you can imagine, was an absolute bastard to sort out, so this time I wanted to avoid this if I could. So the washers were binned this time round, and I employed some funny money instead, as the funny money in question was not round, so was less likely to get stuck.👍 British 20p coins are the washer of choice, don't know why they are that shape. lol But the work. The big one is a 50p shape, and goes at the base of the press.
DSC00690

After getting the basics of the press sorted, its time to stop the sticking. First thought was to veg oil the inside, but I don't want veg oil in my hash. So after a hour of surfing the net, I notice the plastic film on the hash they were pressing, and if you've ever had Red Seal Black, you'll know what I mean. I went a bit greener than plastic, and plumbed for parchment paper, I figured it would be nicer to smoke than plastic if it got crushed into the block. I folded the bottom end like you would if you were wrapping a present, but left out the tape. A tip, make the paper twice the length of your tube, as you need to fill the tube a little higher then the top of the tube, as I found out, if you don't, then you have nothing at the end, so get as much stuff in there as you can. 😉
DSC00693

Fill your tube, press the stuff down into the paper tube, cut the paper down after pressing the trykes to just over the top of the orange tube, then fold it as you did the other end. After the fold, place one of the funny money 20ps on top of the paper, this will stop the plunger part of the clamp tearing the paper up. So that's a 20p at either end of the tube.👍
DSC00695

Washers on, as it sits in the clamp, 50 sits on the bottom of the clamp, the none screw end. 👍
DSC00696

Tube set, and ready to crush. Tighten it up and leave it for 24 hours, just check it every couple of hours and give it a gentle tighten, as it loosed crush until the hash is set hard. 😉
DSC00697

After 24 hours, you should have this. This is looking at the bottom of the tube, you can see the funny money impression. 😁
DSC00701

A quick push.
DSC00702

And this is the exciting bit, did it work?
DSC00703

Time to un-wrap a bit and see what's what.
DSC00704

DSC00706 2

This block I did in six hours, before I realised it was better leaving it for 24
DSC00707

The next two were a lot better, so 24 hours or more seems to be the best.
DSC00713

DSC00714

OOpps! Just ran out of post space, will have to post the rest of this update on another post. 😁

DSC00694
chemistry

chemistry

Yo, His name was Rez, and I have the beans he made.... and crossed them, and talked to NewH a while back as well....good folks, and ran a batch of Shine recently.... came off the Still at 170 Corn and Rye ... good stuff, hope everyone is still groovin....been a while .... and GT21 is doing good as well, Keep On Keepin On ~

Yo Reno, where you been? Good to here folk are still rocking and rollin.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Morning Chemistry, I have been looking for a "Hash Maker" and this is really up my alley,Thanks! I have issues in flower as well and think another, more powerful bar style will help me. SS

chemistry

chemistry

Had to do the update in two parts as my photo count maxed out. 😁
This is what I ended up with, was gunning for an ounce, but think I smoked to much dust. lol Each lump worked out to be around a quarter.
DSC00726

Final weight. Nearly an ounce. 😁
DSC00723

This is the quarter on the scales. 🙂
DSC00711

And that my friends is the end of this weeks double update. Day one of flower started this morning, here comes the two week stretch, where's the strimmer, tune in next week and see if we have flowers, until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning Chemistry, I have been looking for a "Hash Maker" and this is really up my alley,Thanks! I have issues in flower as well and think another, more powerful bar style will help me. SS
Try this one, its easy. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Can you post pics on your PC yet? Let folks have a look for a diagnosis. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all well, time for a weekly update on the three plants. Week one of flower has passed, and not stretched as much as last time? Don't know why. I'm starting to think that LED is not as good as HPS in flower, as the HPS fills my grow space, but the LED hasn't in flower as yet. With the HPS, the space was packed, with the LED the plants are a lot less chunky, thinner stems and branches, and the colour is not as good in flower as the HPS, so if this run doesn't pack it out with the LED, then I'm off back to HPS for my next grow, and a nice, less than a year old LED light is going on Ebay, your a long time making your money back on your light if you don't sell off your surplus, which I don't don't being a small grower of personal cannabis, so we'll see what happens later on in this grow, week two of stretch starting this morning. But on a brighter note, the Juan Herer looks like its keeping up, the trunk damage is not as bad as it seems, as the JH is slowly growing out of it. 🙂 The Pure Kush grew through veg looking like it was going to finish its very short life as a male, but its pushing out the first sign of white hairs, so it should look very girly by next week, or produce some danglers. 😤 Another one to watch out for. The Zkittles is a well bushy plant, and has some decent branching, I would think the Amnesia Lemon would have been buried by it, as the AL is a smaller plant in its finished size, and the Zkittles is a tree. Was in the workshop having a bong, as you do when your searching for five minutes peace, and stumbled along some thing I'd been waiting to fettle, but just didn't find the time, but in the end, made some , what was it? Find out at the end of this update if I don't run out of space. 😁 Lets have some pics.

Pure Kush. Just finished week one of flower.
Pure Kush f1a

Pure Kush f1b

Juan Herer. Trunk is looking better, it has been held back a little by the trunk issue, but it has great colour, so should produce some thing. 🙂
Juan Herer f1a

Juan Herer f1b

Trunk is fattening, confident the Juan Herer will produce the goods. 👍
Juan Herer f1c

Zkittles. A bushy thing. 🙂
Zkittles f1a

Zkittles f1b

Other things. Had this oil lamp given a few years back, it was a keep sake from when my friend passed away, I was offered a lot of his things, but this thing was timeless, and slightly historic, but useful. When he was ill before he died, he told me about this lamp, and how back in 1977, it was packed away after some strikes and power cuts, but I'd forgotten about it until helped his family sort out his belongings, he did well to make 80. Well, as I was going through some cupboards, I found the glass chimney for the lamp, and buried at the back of the cupboard, exactly where you'd expect it to be, so you could put your hand on it in the dark, was the brass lamp base, wrapped in a 1977 news paper, and in it was news of the 77 strikes, I've kept the paper purely for the history of it, and I'll try to keep it together with the lamp, as together it is history. The lamp in question is a Super Aladin, produced between 1927 and 1957, all brass, with a glass chimney. I started off gently seperating the parts to give them a good clean.

This is the lamp, brass base and working parts, and glass chimney. As you can see, the mantle has burnt away, so first thing to do was order a couple of mantles, and while I was at it, I ordered a new wick.
DSC00746 2

Stripped and cleaned the burner, quite a bit of crap clogging things up, as the oil sets like varnish over time.
DSC00755 2
DSC00756

New wick in.
DSC00753

Gave the insides a good splash round with some fresh oil, and this is what washed out.
DSC00751 2

After fitting the wick, its time to fit the new mantle, as you can see, the old one is destroyed. The blue is some protection while fitting, as the mantle is seriously fragile after its fired up.
DSC00752 2

Mantle fitted.
DSC00762

Time to set the flame, a gas like blue flame is what we're after, as this indicates a clean burn. 😉 I find these lamps need to be left to warm up before you get the best from them.

Warming up.
DSC00766

Warmed up.
DSC00763

Pop on the mantle and give it a minute to warm up. BEWARE! the mantle flares up a foot while the coating burns off. 🔥
DSC00767

Put the chimney on, let the glass warm up, and then your off, bath in the light. The Light was to bright at its centre for my camera to take a pic of, and whited out. lol
DSC00770 2

And give it some burn.
DSC00772

And that is it, plants are updated, and a lamp that's not shone since 1977 shines again, I ask you, where else can you go to for this kind of entertainment other than the Farm. 😎 Time to get on with some garden chores, so tune in next week and see what's happening with my grow, until then, just keep toking folks. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom