Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

I'll see how this goes for you as to the heater, my night temp goes from 78 day to 70 night on a cool night, real cold the temp drops more and I don't want the swing. Watching for Donkey's! SS Cheers.

I'll get it connected up later and take some base readings, then we can see how it performs the next morning, and through out the week, a cheap solution at $20 posted, and at 45w, not a lot more to add to my utility bills, as I'd like to keep the shirt on my back. lol

Madmax

Madmax

Your girls are flashing there sexy legs chem...are you going to put a net over them just incase they start laying over by the weight..
That 200watt heater i have only got my 5x5 room to 16 deg on its own here..so i put it in my veg room but still battles i have a 50w ceramic reptinle heater in there too thats plugged into the temp inkbird..the 200 watts going 24/7 as im keeping my day/night temps close.cant in middle of winter though but i think i get it to 20 lights off and that room is 1.5 x 90 cm .with everything going here ..over 1300w my bill has been between 270-310 for the 3 months...

Did they have bigger ones bro ..maybe a dehumidifier would b better gives out heat and humidity down...

chemistry

chemistry

Your girls are flashing there sexy legs chem...are you going to put a net over them just incase they start laying over by the weight..
That 200watt heater i have only got my 5x5 room to 16 deg on its own here..so i put it in my veg room but still battles i have a 50w ceramic reptinle heater in there too thats plugged into the temp inkbird..the 200 watts going 24/7 as im keeping my day/night temps close.cant in middle of winter though but i think i get it to 20 lights off and that room is 1.5 x 90 cm .with everything going here ..over 1300w my bill has been between 270-310 for the 3 months...

Did they have bigger ones bro ..maybe a dehumidifier would b better gives out heat and humidity down...

Yes, they make bigger tubes according to how big your greenhouse is, laid on the floor with a mini fan wafting the heat round, I think it will just do the job, was looking at 200w, but thought that might be overkill in my 4 plant space, got a temp drop off from 25 down to 21 this morning when the lights came on, whilst this is not the end of the world, I still put the late stretching down to the swing. 😉

Madmax

Madmax

I really wanted one with a thermostat so i could set the temp...this one gets hot then goes warm ,hot warm etc..i like em nice steady warmth not like the ceramic 1000 or 2000w heaters.they are just too much heat that emits out of them and would b going on off all the time + they glow so no good.........what you going to,run nxt..

chemistry

chemistry

Not decided what to pop next, I'm a bit like you at the moment, need more seeds, but sick of paying good money for over hyped rubbish. So I'm currently looking for more seeds, or I'll have to run the same stuff I've grown before. Another zero zero chocolate would be a nice start, think I've one seed left. 🙂 I plan to do an Auto run, but need to work out my space and hardware so I can run six plants instead of the 3/4 that I grow now, but that's further down the line. 👍

Edited to say, grow space is up two degrees with the 45w tube heater, woke to a white frosty world this morning, so its off the timer and on full time for the moment, until Spring. 😁

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope this update finds you all fine and well. Sorry about last weeks update, but I lost a close friend, 40 years of friendship, took a big hit. Right, plants are doing well, this update is last weeks that I missed, week 6. All three plants are doing fine, at week six you can see the fattning, bit like the quickening in Highlander, but you don't have to chop off any heads. lol You can see the white muff starting to fade, more on the Pure Kush, as it seems to be an early finisher, think it finished earlier than the others last run too. Right, pics.

Pure Kush.
Pure Kush f6a

Pure Kush f6b

Zkittles.
Zkittles f6a

Zkittles f6b

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer f6a

Juan Herer f6b

Group Shot.
Group Shot f6a

And that's week six in the bag, so what do the plants look like in week seven, find out in week sevens update, next, and you don't have to wait a week. 🙂

chemistry

chemistry

Morning again tokers and growers, its your lucky day, two updates at once, must be getting near Christmas. 😁 This post brings us up to date at week seven of flower. Buds are fatter and the plants are filling in just lovely, in another week we should know round about what we have. It looks like we're going into week 9 of flower, as there's still quite a bit of muff on the buds, putting it down to the cold snap we're experiencing at the moment, frost, may make nice photo's, but it makes my plants quiver. 😁 Right, lets have the pics.

Pure Kush
Pure Kush f7a

Pure Kush f7b

Zkittles.
Zkittles f7a

Zkittles f7b

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer f7a

Juan Herer f7b 2

There it is, two updates posted, all caught up. 🙂 Hopefully the muff will die off quite a bit by next week and plunge the plants into going for a finish, but I think this run will go over the normal flowering period by two weeks, this is what I feel is the time I'm behind. I think the tube heater is a benifit, even though its only a mild heater, it does bump up the temps by two degrees, so enough to see a visible difference, making it a worth while purchase, and I now consider it a permanent upgrade to my hardware, and it will be left on until the warmth of Spring is apon us. 👍 And that is us updated, time to grab a coffee and some toast and catch up with every one elses grow logs, until next week, just keep tokin folks. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Sad to hear brother.hope you and the fam are doing okay....i like that zkittles shape and nodal spacing..she looks like she could go 3 maybe even 4 weeks chem just going by that pic.hope she packs it on towards the end...

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all fine. 🙂 All is well with the plants, the Pure Kush is starting to fade well, the Zkittles on the other hand has second wind, and is still muffing, which is no bad thing. The Juan Herer has remained the same height, so I estimate that I've lost half the height it would have made with out the early trunk damage. I think that the next round will have a better start with the now installed tube heater, as I feel that I lost a lot of ground to the chilly start the seedlings had, and also at the start of flower, which was not a problem with the HID, as I'm sure the plants couldn't wait for sundown some times in the Summer, but in the Winter when every time you open a door, and a cold draught gets sucked through your grow, I'll bet they soaked it up. 😎 I'm also putting the trunk damage on the Juan Herer down to being to chilly too, as its right in front of the door, draught city, the other two being at the back where the wall stores heat from the lights. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of ditching the LED's for the Winter, and going back to HID until Summer, you never know, we might be returning to old tech for a run, now there's a thing. 🙂 Anyway, lets have some pics. 🙂

Pure Kush. Week seven of flower.
Pure Kush f8a

Pure Kush f8b

Zkittles, also in week seven of flower. 🙂
Zkittles f8c

Zkittles f8b

Juan Herer, yep, its also in week seven of flower. 😁
Juan Herer f8a

Juan Herer f8b

Group shot.
Group Shot f8 3

And that's where I'm at with this run, week eight started this morning, don't know what to say about the muff on the Zkittles, last time round it finished in eight weeks and a weeks flush, so will it turn on the cinnamon fronds, or is she going to be an awkward girl, tune in next week and find out. Until then, just keep toking folks. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

I knew that zkittles was holding back..all look great..at start of lights on mine does struggle .i had an 200 watt reptile heater on an inkbird which helped get the heat up .once it got to the temp it turned off.i had the extraction fan turned down as to not cool the room too much.if i never had the dehuey id b buggered so returning back to hid isnt a bad idea..i think growsince had an 150 hid in with his led to help with the heat side of things...

chemistry

chemistry

Yes, I'm thinking of using HID and a basic wing just to get me through the last part of the Winter, next run, then set up the LED in the Summer when heat isn't needed. 👍

SSgrower

SSgrower

I see ya Chemistry, I am going into week 5 flower myself & I'll get a pic up today later, SS

Madmax

Madmax

Have you had spider mites since running the leds...i know i shouldnt b mentioning them..they are probably listening outside your door 😂

chemistry

chemistry

Have you had spider mites since running the leds...i know i shouldnt b mentioning them..they are probably listening outside your door 😂

Only the last run, and that was only just, I don't think it has anything to do with the LED, more its to cold for them. 😁 Moisture is a big problem at the moment too, as we have hard frosts to contend with.

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope this update finds you all in good health. 🙂 All the plants are fine, only had one problem this week, and that was the cold again, I dropped the extraction in the evening to keep some heat in the grow space, then we were hit by a good hard frost, this had the side effect of causing moisture to condensate in my extraction pipe, thus when the lights were out, the condensation ran back to my space, out through the extractor fan into my space, and leaked over my LED light, I was not impressed at all. 🤬 I couldn't touch my hardware until it had ran for a couple of hours to dry out. 🤬 It dried out really well, no fuses were blown, and I lost no hardware, so the incident cost me nothing money wise, as all the hardware is running just lovely, which pleases me no end. 🙂 So the extractor is running 24/7, so I'm losing a fair bit of lights out heating, but rather that than disappear in a large blue flash. 😁 Don't know if this will cause me any problems in the coming week, I'm sure next weeks pics will reflect any side effects, fingers crossed we don't. 🤞 Other than the new water feature we're doing fine. Pic time.

Pure Kush, just finished week eight of flower.
Pure Kush ff8a

Pure Kush ff8b

Pure Kush ff8c

Zkittles.
Zkittles ff8a

Zkittles ff8b

Zkittles ff8c

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer ff8a

Juan Herer ff8b

Juan Herer ff8c

And there's this weeks update. All that remains for me to say is?

MERRY XMAS 🎄

Enjoy your day, see you next week, and until then, like you need telling, just keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers, growers, the hung over, the still going, and the just starters, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. 👍 Plants are doing fine, bar the fact they're struggling to finish flowering, don't know why, combination of low temps and high moisture, even with the tube heater. What is happening is, the tube heater causes the high moisture, and the LED, because it runs cooler is causing the lower tempretures during lights out, and this in turn is causing the high moisture content. So I've decided to return to HID for my next grow. This is not to say that LED is a no goer, it works for some, but if you live some were temperate, then you may, like me, struggle with Winter temps like I have. Moving away from environment, and on to the plants. There are side effects to the problems I'm having plant wise, like the brown tips, its like the plant is trying to finish, but can't, almost stuck in limbo, because normally my run finishes in eight weeks, nine with a flush. But this round the plants look stuck in flower, horse tailing being the prime visual, even though I've cut the plants feed, they still horse tailed. 🤬 Its like the plants don't know what to do, as if they're confused, trying to finish, but cant, we'll see how it goes next run. 😉 Anyway, pics. 🙂

Pure Kush.
Pure Kush f9a

Pure Kush f9b

Zkittles.
Zkittles f9a

Zkittles f9b

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer f9a

Juan Herer f9b

And that finishes my first update of 2022. Got to get the beef joint ready for this afternoon, family gathering, looking forward to it, got a couple of boxes of mixed beers for Christmas, so will be laying into them this afternoon.
DSC00871 2

Enjoy your day people, and above all, just keep tokin. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Thats no good mate..you cant use heat from the house somehow brother to warm room lights off.so what was you using previously to get through night shift..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom