Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Tried that Max, all I did was sweat my jollies off all the time I spent indoors, and my heating bill shot through the roof. 😁 Previously the room stayed warm from the heat from the HID, the other thing was that the hood was above the plants, thus sucking a fare bit of humidity with it, and I could keep the extractor running twelve off. The humidity is a two part problem with the LED, as I don't think the walls dry enough to keep the moisture down, then at lights off, the humidity spikes, this was not a problem with the HID, as it dried off the humidity from lights off during lights on, so I think I need the heat from the HID to make my space work.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am on the coast of Texas and today it's 48 degrees and I worry about my 5 week flower girls myself but they seem to be ok and it won't last long here. I feel for ya and thanks for the update, keep on tokin Chemistry!

chemistry

chemistry

Yo tokers and growers, how's it going, time for another update. 🙂 All is well, plants are doing their best to finish up, but with the freezing cold weather, and now its warmed up we have rain. This grow is taking its time to flower out, we're now in week9, and still we're not over the finish line, with maybe another week to go, or more. 😒 Normally I'd be looking at a good clean down and paint by now. Anyway, ambers are starting to appear, so this is a good sign that things are on course, all be it excruciatingly slowly. The foliage looks dire for where we are in flower, if you look at the tips on the Zkittles and the Pure Kush, you can see what looks like burning, but this is caused by the fact the plant has over transpired due to being in an over moist atmosphere, this stops the plant from transpiring, this means it can't transpire to suck up fresh water and nuits, so forces the plant to stagnate a little, and then you see the signs on the leaves, starting at the tips and working its way half way up your leaves, this is why ventilation is a key factor in large green house culture. There's nothing that can be done this round, so its a grin and suck it up job. 😁 It just goes to show how important your plants atmosphere is to them, and further goes to show why certain plants can only be grown in certain areas (endemic). So that means you have to create endemic atmospheres to suit your endemic plants, my atmosphere has gone tits up this run, and has made the normally easy job of growing a bit of personal a bit of a grind. For my next run I'll be returning to HID, the next time the LED will put in an appearance will be in the Summer when I can control the moisture, and lights out heat wont be a problem. Pics. time. 🙂

Pure Kush.
Pure Kush f9a

Pure Kush f9b

Pure Kush f9c

Zkittles.
Zkittles f9a
Zkittles f9a

Zkittles f9b

Zkittles f9c

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer f9a

Juan Herer f9b

Juan Herer f9c

And there you have it, another quality update, delivered by the Farm, and for free, where else would you go to find this kind of quality information. 😄 Get your selves back here next Saturday for another quality update, especially if you have a lot of time on your hands, no friends, and your looking for some thing to do for five minutes. lol Until then, keep tokin folks. 👍

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yo tokers and growers, how's it going, time for another update. 🙂 All is well, plants are doing their best to finish up, but with the freezing cold weather, and now its warmed up we have rain. This grow is taking its time to flower out, we're now in week9, and still we're not over the finish line, with maybe another week to go, or more. 😒 Normally I'd be looking at a good clean down and paint by now. Anyway, ambers are starting to appear, so this is a good sign that things are on course, all be it excruciatingly slowly. The foliage looks dire for where we are in flower, if you look at the tips on the Zkittles and the Pure Kush, you can see what looks like burning, but this is caused by the fact the plant has over transpired due to being in an over moist atmosphere, this stops the plant from transpiring, this means it can't transpire to suck up fresh water and nuits, so forces the plant to stagnate a little, and then you see the signs on the leaves, starting at the tips and working its way half way up your leaves, this is why ventilation is a key factor in large green house culture. There's nothing that can be done this round, so its a grin and suck it up job. 😁 It just goes to show how important your plants atmosphere is to them, and further goes to show why certain plants can only be grown in certain areas (endemic). So that means you have to create endemic atmospheres to suit your endemic plants, my atmosphere has gone tits up this run, and has made the normally easy job of growing a bit of personal a bit of a grind. For my next run I'll be returning to HID, the next time the LED will put in an appearance will be in the Summer when I can control the moisture, and lights out heat wont be a problem. Pics. time. 🙂

Pure Kush.
View attachment 1204320

View attachment 1204321

View attachment 1204322

Zkittles.
View attachment 1204323View attachment 1204323

View attachment 1204324

View attachment 1204325

Juan Herer.
View attachment 1204328

View attachment 1204329

View attachment 1204330

And there you have it, another quality update, delivered by the Farm, and for free, where else would you go to find this kind of quality information. 😄 Get your selves back here next Saturday for another quality update, especially if you have a lot of time on your hands, no friends, and your looking for some thing to do for five minutes. lol Until then, keep tokin folks. 👍
big ole nugs looking good

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all well. Here we are in week 11 of flower, can't remember the last time one of my grows ran this long, were getting there, but still a way to go. 😟 Biggest problem with running plants this long is the chance for moulds and mildews to put in an appearance. My humidity is bang on now, but still getting the ugly leaves due to the cold spates we keep having, this is the down side to having to run your extraction 24/7 after lights out. I'm having to cut this update short, as I'm a bit on the rough side a the moment.

Pure kush.
Pure Kush f11a

Pure Kush f11b

Zkittles.
Zkittles f11a

Zkittles f11b

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer f11a

Juan Herer f11b

Group shot. All plants are in week 11 of flower.
Group Shot f11 2

Humidity and temp.
F11a

Been feeling a bit sick the last couple of days, so decided to do a flow test this morning, now a wait and see what happens job. 😟
DSC00896 3

So there you have it, a quick update. All I can say now is, just keep toking folks. 👍

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all well. Here we are in week 11 of flower, can't remember the last time one of my grows ran this long, were getting there, but still a way to go. 😟 Biggest problem with running plants this long is the chance for moulds and mildews to put in an appearance. My humidity is bang on now, but still getting the ugly leaves due to the cold spates we keep having, this is the down side to having to run your extraction 24/7 after lights out. I'm having to cut this update short, as I'm a bit on the rough side a the moment.

Pure kush.
View attachment 1206762

View attachment 1206763

Zkittles.
View attachment 1206764

View attachment 1206765

Juan Herer.
View attachment 1206766

View attachment 1206767

Group shot. All plants are in week 11 of flower.
View attachment 1206770

Humidity and temp.
View attachment 1206772

Been feeling a bit sick the last couple of days, so decided to do a flow test this morning, now a wait and see what happens job. 😟
View attachment 1206771

So there you have it, a quick update. All I can say now is, just keep toking folks. 👍
looks good to me,i dont smoke them leaves anyway,have in youth but not in senior hahah ,you heard from aqua man

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

No, not seen Aqua on for a couple of weeks. If the leaves are to bad, then I'll just have to hash it. 😁
like i said them nugs look just fine , my dumb ass pulled a good one last week,i was smoking some herb i got from someone and it had a seed in it ,laid right on top of the bowl,so i took it out and just stuck my finger into one of my outside raised boxs about a inch deep , so never even thought it would grow ,just cutting up planting it,so was water my garlic in another box last night and bent down to snag a few little weed and stopped in a instant and there it was about 1 inch above soil, hahaah,was going to frezze so i just put a lid over it . you gotta watch these damn jhonny apple seed stoners these days they just dont think when it frezzing outside, matter of fact i had just ripped out 12x12 ft of sheetrock out of my basement ceiling from burst pipes and was running really hot and needed to smoke to calm down when i did it.
i cant even guess how many hours and attempts i have waited on seeds to break a tail and this shit happens,hahah im see how long it will grow lol

chemistry

chemistry

like i said them nugs look just fine , my dumb ass pulled a good one last week,i was smoking some herb i got from someone and it had a seed in it ,laid right on top of the bowl,so i took it out and just stuck my finger into one of my outside raised boxs about a inch deep , so never even thought it would grow ,just cutting up planting it,so was water my garlic in another box last night and bent down to snag a few little weed and stopped in a instant and there it was about 1 inch above soil, hahaah,was going to frezze so i just put a lid over it . you gotta watch these damn jhonny apple seed stoners these days they just dont think when it frezzing outside, matter of fact i had just ripped out 12x12 ft of sheetrock out of my basement ceiling from burst pipes and was running really hot and needed to smoke to calm down when i did it.
i cant even guess how many hours and attempts i have waited on seeds to break a tail and this shit happens,hahah im see how long it will grow lol

You can buy the best soil and still fail to pop a seed, but add a sprinkling of luck and your on to a winner. Busted pipes are a real ball breaker, its the water damage and getting dried out that peaves me.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Morning tokers, growers, the hung over, the still going, and the just starters, HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. 👍 Plants are doing fine, bar the fact they're struggling to finish flowering, don't know why, combination of low temps and high moisture, even with the tube heater. What is happening is, the tube heater causes the high moisture, and the LED, because it runs cooler is causing the lower tempretures during lights out, and this in turn is causing the high moisture content. So I've decided to return to HID for my next grow. This is not to say that LED is a no goer, it works for some, but if you live some were temperate, then you may, like me, struggle with Winter temps like I have. Moving away from environment, and on to the plants. There are side effects to the problems I'm having plant wise, like the brown tips, its like the plant is trying to finish, but can't, almost stuck in limbo, because normally my run finishes in eight weeks, nine with a flush. But this round the plants look stuck in flower, horse tailing being the prime visual, even though I've cut the plants feed, they still horse tailed. 🤬 Its like the plants don't know what to do, as if they're confused, trying to finish, but cant, we'll see how it goes next run. 😉 Anyway, pics. 🙂

Pure Kush.
View attachment 1202014

View attachment 1202015

Zkittles.
View attachment 1202016

View attachment 1202017

Juan Herer.
View attachment 1202018

View attachment 1202019

And that finishes my first update of 2022. Got to get the beef joint ready for this afternoon, family gathering, looking forward to it, got a couple of boxes of mixed beers for Christmas, so will be laying into them this afternoon.
View attachment 1202020

Enjoy your day people, and above all, just keep tokin. 👍
Don't give up bro; stick a damn fan down at the base of the plant please and see what happens next. 😁 The cool is fine; the problem is evaporation of water; and temp... you need to fudge the environmental dynamic a tad; that's all.... Trust what I'm saying.

I wish I had seen your post to Aqua; and yes I miss him also brother.😢 He passed along much wisdom; and will be sorely missed.
What's your exact RH? Temps; https://cals.arizona.edu/vpdcalc/

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
No, not seen Aqua on for a couple of weeks. If the leaves are to bad, then I'll just have to hash it. 😁
The other thing I see is a tad of Potassium; either excess or deficiency; I lean toward deficiency cause your complaining about the low temps and that lines up together; I would say give her a bit more potassium.... Or adjust the ratio's a bit; and it should fall in line. (whatever is most logical or prudent) One of your other nutes is blocking the potassium uptake due to temps and pH. 6.5->6.7 is ideal IMO at the very end...

I am acidic in veg; then got to about 6 at flip, then 6.2->6.5 by 2>4wks; then keep it higher but <7 till the end, ideally 6.5 is my target or >. (I look at what plant is saying) leaf's down and curled is usually too acid...

If you could back some of the other nutes off a tad; and leave the potassium levels the same; that might work even better.
Nutrient Availability Scale
Soil ph chart marijuana

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You can buy the best soil and still fail to pop a seed, but add a sprinkling of luck and your on to a winner. Busted pipes are a real ball breaker, its the water damage and getting dried out that peaves me.
I find using raw; first use brick choir is the overall best for popping seeds; hands down. If something has been used; it's got nutrients; and the cec is lower. Fresh seed >>> fresh start... Also fresh choir is essentially sterile, so a fresh core from which to initiate your microbiology biome spawn.

Pass no bad mojo; leave hotter soil for later. Add more microbes after the core of Streptomyces nigrescens; Lactobacillus; bulgaricus; thermophilus; acidophilus; (any/all of those) is well established; then onto developing rhizospheres & AM fungi... ie. Mycorrhiza

PXL 20220117 113525163

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Speaking of coco coir, I had to buy Burpee seeding mix as wallyworld had no more Pro-Mix with coir&peat & perlite so I am watching & watering more the 8 seeds I just buried yesterday, praying they "pop" up thru the coir soon. Cheers SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom