• Cherry

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Shepard's

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Hello fellow farmers!

I recently acquired a slice of cherry pie. I did a full search and didn't find a thread that answered my questions. So I've decided i'd open a thread for cherry pie lovers and a place to talk about her crosses and any other issues or info about her. If you have questions, pictures, or any info at ALL please post. I can't wait to see the crosses farmers have so let them rip!

This is start of week 4. Starting to get funky...

Cherry pie x strain name
Cherry pie x strain name 2

true grit

true grit

Ive had the Pie for a little bit, but just finally got to sample some great finished organic buds from a friend and im definitley impressed. Very similar with the thickness that gsc has, but definitely a bit more flavor a bit less potent. Is anyone making crosses with her? A few cats and i were talking about breeding with her and possible herm tendencies since most folks find balls, but after tasting her id be willing to make/try some fems for sure. Got a beast in flower, but still working on getting her to veg better. Seems i top too early she slows a hair but makes a buncha tops and too late and shes a stalk. Whats a good yield for her?

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Ive had the Pie for a little bit, but just finally got to sample some great finished organic buds from a friend and im definitley impressed. Very similar with the thickness that gsc has, but definitely a bit more flavor a bit less potent. Is anyone making crosses with her? A few cats and i were talking about breeding with her and possible herm tendencies since most folks find balls, but after tasting her id be willing to make/try some fems for sure. Got a beast in flower, but still working on getting her to veg better. Seems i top too early she slows a hair but makes a buncha tops and too late and shes a stalk. Whats a good yield for her?

Thanks for stopping by grit. I'm betting that was some fantastic tree. I believe baba has a cross. I'm pretty sure it was cherry pie x crystal ship. There are a few pics in waayne's golden lion pheno hunt. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/posts/1116980/
Some really nice plants came out of those beans.
I do notice the slow veg. I was informed by mwd one time about it and I've been doing a very decent job of getting it to veg a little faster. I've found transplanting them faster has seemed to help. I feel once they reach the brim of the pot they slow down fast. I literally don't let it get even close to curling the pot. I'm in soil so it might act different in a more elaborate hydro setup.
I've had a few growing issues. I'm just not sure if it's a heavy feeder or a light feeder. I know it sounds retarded but one moment I've got it rippin then before I know it there is no burn but a yellowing and little brown spots on the main big fans. Mwd mentioned it could be cal mag whore but I've used liquid and a more organic approach to deliver it. Still the issue likes to come about. In veg not a problem. I have yet to figure this out...I've ran the GSC forum a few times and find the CP more difficult. That's why I've opened this to hopefully get something I can work with.
I really don't know what's a good yield either. I feel I can't get it too bulk up too much. Seems that around week 4 and 5 it starts to look like it's filling out but not any kind of real bulk.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
What pheno of Cherry Pie are you working with? I have the kush pheno and it vegs pretty nice but doesnt seem to like being pushed too hard. It has a great sweet kushy flavor to it which I thought was better than the Forum cut.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

What pheno of Cherry Pie are you working with? I have the kush pheno and it vegs pretty nice but doesnt seem to like being pushed too hard. It has a great sweet kushy flavor to it which I thought was better than the Forum cut.

Honestly I'm not sure what cut it is muncher, I can find out. When I do I will let ya know.
I've decided the next time I start a run with her I'm going to see what the soil can do more. Give lighter feeds than normal and maybe that will answer something. But it's not necessarily a burn look to the fans more or less a deficiency. I will post a few pics from the past, And it looks like the same thing is setting in as did last time.

waayne

waayne

Great thread Topofthecrop:)

I sampled this pheno (#1) of baba's Cherry Picker yesterday,it has a great flavor that lingers on your palette for a long while after smoking it,it is still too raw and uncured for me to get a really accurate,detailed hit on the flavor
the raw sample was a bit GirlScoutCookie like with more dank Kush overtones and definitely more of a coat your mouth kinda aftertaste

I'll know much more about it in a couple of weeks,but initially for an uncured sample ,it was very impressive in potency and flavor..
This pheno did smell very sweet cherry like early in flower but finished with a heavier dank Kush aroma

I've been meaning to respond to your thread but am very busy with work/ harvest now....
When things slow down ,I'll post a few pics/descriptions of the most impressive phenos

I really dislike uncured herb ,but this sample was way impressive only 16 days off the vine

Looks like baba's male pushed the yield up some as well......

Cherry Picker, pheno #1
IMG 1513

IMG 1613

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Great thread Topofthecrop:)

I sampled this pheno (#1) of baba's Cherry Picker yesterday,it has a great flavor that lingers on your palette for a long while after smoking it,it is still too raw and uncured for me to get a really accurate,detailed hit on the flavor
the raw sample was a bit GirlScoutCookie like with more dank Kush overtones and definitely more of a coat your mouth kinda aftertaste

I'll know much more about it in a couple of weeks,but initially for an uncured sample ,it was very impressive in potency and flavor..
This pheno did smell very sweet cherry like early in flower but finished with a heavier dank Kush aroma

I've been meaning to respond to your thread but am very busy with work/ harvest now....
When things slow down ,I'll post a few pics/descriptions of the most impressive phenos

I really dislike uncured herb ,but this sample was way impressive only 16 days off the vine

Looks like baba's male pushed the yield up some as well......

Cherry Picker, pheno #1
View attachment 341731
View attachment 341732

Thanks for adding waayne. Exceptional images and awesome input. I'd smoke that uncured as we'll. :) Was it the crystal ship that dusted her? Excited to hear more when you get some free time.

waayne

waayne

Topofthecrop baba did dust her with the Crystal Ship male

I'm thinking baba's male upped the yield, as that #1 pheno yielded over 8 oz's with 6 weeks of veg
and pheno #1 looks to be one of the lesser yielders of the group....pheno #9 yielded over 11 oz's ....

These were easy to grow ,and clone,not fussy at all.....

I would agree with BudMunchers assessment on flavor,.....and I really like the flavor of the Forum cut ,but the flavor on pheno #1 is superior ,uncured....will be interesting to taste it cured.

How is your cut smelling now?

Your cut sure looks delicious:)

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Thanks waayne. I am very pleased with her. I'd say she has a very sweet scent but if you get a little further away from her it's got a heavier dank stench. She will be in the garden for a while I'm sure. So I will hopefully get things dialed up by next run. I veg under T5's and it's not really been bad. I only like to do a month veg. Sometimes it gets a bit over a month but 8 zips, that's what I'm talking about. What are you under in flower? I think I read some where you veg under two separate wattages?

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

So on another note. I was looking into this "deficiency" that was arising and started doing all kinds of research because up to this point things stay normal or get better. Well I went back to the basics and come to find out my meters were off. BOTH of them. Kind of embarrassing but it is what it is. Figured it'd be a benefit to the thread if I listed my rookie mistake. Comes to show, it could be as basic as not having gas in.

Started as the first photo. Then took no time to set in. I will get a full shot up soon. Glad I caught this when I did.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
So on another note. I was looking into this "deficiency" that was arising and started doing all kinds of research because up to this point things stay normal or get better. Well I went back to the basics and come to find out my meters were off. BOTH of them. Kind of embarrassing but it is what it is. Figured it'd be a benefit to the thread if I listed my rookie mistake. Comes to show, it could be as basic as not having gas in.

Started as the first photo. Then took no time to set in. I will get a full shot up soon. Glad I caught this when I did.

View attachment 341911 View attachment 341912

Same here bro! Just re calibrated mine cause it was off a cpl points and had the same deficiency. Late stage potassium deficiency and Im pretty sure it starts with a cal/mag deficiency from dropping the ph too low. Im gonna ride the 5.9 till my room finishes up @ 5 weeks right now.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Good idea. Yeah, makes all the sense. I honestly think mine was hanging on in veg so well and up to week 4 because of all the transplanting. Fresh out the bag PH soil. Then before it could settle in to the normal PH I'm feeding and before it could grab a hold of the plant I was moving it to fresh again. Considering I only do month veg.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Honestly I'm not sure what cut it is muncher, I can find out. When I do I will let ya know.
I've decided the next time I start a run with her I'm going to see what the soil can do more. Give lighter feeds than normal and maybe that will answer something. But it's not necessarily a burn look to the fans more or less a deficiency. I will post a few pics from the past, And it looks like the same thing is setting in as did last time.

Nice thread TOC. Good questions and input. You and Bud have the same cut -- it's the kush pheno.

The deficiency seems to stem from an overload occuring after pH swings low due to a heavy feed regimen in mid flower....no definitive answer on what is causing the K def, but consistent medium strength feedings seemed to be the solution here. Good luck fellas.

ftwendy

ftwendy

I suggest logging the pH of your runoff... I bet there's a correlation between the deficiency and a change in your runoff pH. You guys are both using peat-based mediums, right? What if the buffer lime is washing away over time?

Just some thoughts (I'm in rockwool fyi).

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Im in GH coco with perlite. So far so good my plants are looking much better. I just flipped a room a week ago and all the new growth looks great. Next round veg is also looking much better. :)

I suggest logging the pH of your runoff... I bet there's a correlation between the deficiency and a change in your runoff pH. You guys are both using peat-based mediums, right? What if the buffer lime is washing away over time?

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Everything's fixed now. Meters went bad. More to it up top. Thanks for the info. I ran out and bought two new meters. PH and TDS then calibrated them from the start. I had checked my run off along with the meters. And had hella PH problems. It wasn't able to uptake my feeds correctly obviously. But things are back in motion and stanky.
But non the less great info man. By the way yes there is peat in my mix. I use just 707 in veg., and earth juices Amazon Bloom soil and fresh 707 in flower.

Top Bottom