Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Cherry

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Shepard's

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

@Topofthecrop - hope you dont mind if I drop a couple more pics of my cherry pie on this thread...

Im really digging this strain. I stated it on Dec POTM, I pick this over the forum GSC any day. The smells is just as potent, if not more, with a slight skunk undertone. one little nug can smell up a whole room. The yield is low compared to other strains i rock, but i think i can make that up with a shorter veg time and a higher # of plants, definetley going to train her for 6-8 tops. She doesnt veg the fastest either, I bumped my temps in veg up to 80-82 F and she seemed to speed up a tad.

On my last run of her, i only used a 2 part base @ 5ml/gal every watering. I also used a bloom booster 1x/week (Big Swell @5ml/gal) and AACT x1/week. Super easy regimen and came out great.
IMG 20131127 104005 410
IMG 20131217 102924 680
IMG 20131217 102938 484 fx
IMG 20131217 103012 280
IMG 20131214 220039 352 fx
IMG 20131211 223324 951
IMG 20131211 223246 980

^average nug size, top colas are a bit bigger but i dont keep those.

IMG 20131127 104107 645
IMG 20131205 205151 624 fx
IMG 20131213 212705 943 fx
Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

@Topofthecrop - hope you dont mind if I drop a couple more pics of my cherry pie on this thread...

Im really digging this strain. I stated it on Dec POTM, I pick this over the forum GSC any day. The smells is just as potent, if not more, with a slight skunk undertone. one little nug can smell up a whole room. The yield is low compared to other strains i rock, but i think i can make that up with a shorter veg time and a higher # of plants, definetley going to train her for 6-8 tops. She doesnt veg the fastest either, I bumped my temps in veg up to 80-82 F and she seemed to speed up a tad.

On my last run of her, i only used a 2 part base @ 5ml/gal every watering. I also used a bloom booster 1x/week (Big Swell @5ml/gal) and AACT x1/week. Super easy regimen and came out great.View attachment 360367View attachment 360374View attachment 360375View attachment 360376View attachment 360373View attachment 360371View attachment 360370
^average nug size, top colas are a bit bigger but i dont keep those.

Excellent job! Thank you for getting in the mix. Great pics also. It is definitely a slow veg but it's worth the wait. Looks like the one I have. I dont get much stretch out if her. It gets frosty very early. I love the smell. Really sweet and hard for me not to rub one off when in the room. Haha

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

THC Farmer Smoke Report

INFO
Tester Name : Z
Strain : Cherry Pie - gifted cut from a fellow farmer
Method Smoked : clean single chamber bong, Vape pen (dry herb atomizer attachement), and my dirty ass pipe i usually keep by my side... Best hits are with the bong and pen. My pipe has some miles on it...

APPEARANCE

IMG 20131219 224442 077 fx

IMG 20131211 223324 951

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Dark Lavender Skunk + Fruity Zesty kick
Associated smells of bud : Exotic Berries, Dried Fruits, Lemon(OG), Dog shit/skunk undertone. The scent is soooo deep, its very hard to put an exact scent on her. Its smells like a well done GDP x OG up close, but from a distance the skunky funkness fills the room. IMO a great even blend of its 3 parents.

TASTE

Taste is amazing! She really tastes just like she smells. The front of the hit fills your mouth with a fruity berry taste mixed with lavender. The End of it kicks the back of your throat with zesty lemony OG punch that last for a couple minutes. The skunkyness floats in the background which taste like an expensive cheese. She even taste bomb in my pipe, which is like a chamber of resin thats been building up over time..(sentimental thing)

Dominant flavour : Pretty even spread of flavors on this gal, I would have to say the Berry/Lavender taste is dom.

Associated flavours : Dark Berries drizzled w/ a squeeze of lemon rolled in dog shit...

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)
8-10 - Super smooth but the OG finish can make you lose it
- cough factor? : yes/no
Yes, when hitting a single chamber 3footer... Casual smoking, no - very smooth

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body)>>>>75%-80% HEAD vs 20%-25% BODY
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)>>>>>10
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit)>>>>good 2 hours - high slowly fades
Use : Daytime/Bedtime>>>> Both, it might be a better night time bud for some smokers, i can function fine but deff blazed. It has also gave me a slight case of couch lock when smoked too much...
Munchies? : yes/no>>>>> YES INDEED
-----------------------------------------------------
CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine (X)
metallic ()
ammonia (X) - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity (X) - berry (X) - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus (X) - orange () - lemon (X) - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape (X) - cherry (X) - tutti frutti ()

floral (X) - perfume () - blossom ()
minty () - methol () - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody (X) - incense (X) - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar () - pine (X)
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate (X)

MUSKY
earthy (X) - loam () - dirt () - musty (X) - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky (X)
botanical (X) - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees (X)

-I tried my best with the scents and taste, but its very complex. Everytime i open the jar a new attribute stands out. I cant quite pin point her smell and taste attributes. She is unique and i plan on keeping her for awhile.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I have some of these Z's cherry pie to sample and it's pretty nice.. May post up a report as well. Props buddy and thank you kindly for the samples!!

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

The pie in 18 gal hempy tote along with cookie s1 taking most the root space I feel like. Yes, flash is on. I've seen people say flash on or flash off and I don't really get it. Not like I'm adding trichs with it on. They were already there. She's starting to swell. It's almost like it happens over night. One day she's doing well the next she's swollen and doing great! I'm sure there are more fellow farmers with her or a cross of some sorts so post them up!!!

Last edited:
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Looking good man. Ur right about that over the night swelling, I walked in one morning and was like:eek:! Im gonna run a 4x4 bed of her next. I was thinking about chucking some pollen for the hell of it. I have this gsc x fire alien stud chillin in my stable. Not too fond of the cross so i dunno.

Much luck with that hempy, looks like ur gonna crush it.Z

true grit

true grit

Ya I feel ya on a bed next run. She put out some solid weight for me this go, and smoke is really nice. I agree, she surprised me on how loud she is too. Definitely as loud as my gsc forum nugs this round. And yielded alot better too. Me and the homies are digging this smoke, definitely something to work on a bit.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Golden Lion Genetics Cherry Picker
Here's a clone of pheno #3
This one is nearly ready for harvest
View attachment 365058
You obviously focus on many things with organics but is there anything you ascertain in the progress that deviates from the norm?.. Do you focus on teas and the diversity? Or? Haha I just want to be like waayne when I grow up. Always a pleasure drooling to your work man. Keep it up.

Top Bottom