Chow mix Chow mix Chow mix

• Thread starter yayarea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Landfishd

Landfishd

What if someone were to add 5 gallons compost or worm castings and a couple gallons dry fertilizers in there 20 gallons of 80/20 mix? I've been thinking about this because it would be awesome to be able to just feed water to the chow. Even if growth wasn't as explosive which I'm sure it wouldn't be it would be a worthwhile experiment right? I think I may try it outdoors if I can gather the materials in time for this year. Will water with a blumat maxi too.

K

kushtrees

I've always wondered if a super sOil/ hydroton mix would get good growth rates. Something like 25% super soil to 75% hydroton. Then you could do all organic with better growth rates. I have no idea what pot size you'd want to start with, pretty large I imagine, but you could always supplement organic nutes easier than if you were doing coco. Keep us posted I'm very curious too

dankworth

dankworth

What if someone were to add 5 gallons compost or worm castings and a couple gallons dry fertilizers in there 20 gallons of 80/20 mix? I've been thinking about this because it would be awesome to be able to just feed water to the chow. Even if growth wasn't as explosive which I'm sure it wouldn't be it would be a worthwhile experiment right? I think I may try it outdoors if I can gather the materials in time for this year. Will water with a blumat maxi too.
Cost-effective solution would be kiddie pools with coco and perlite from big box stores(cheapest you could) on drippers, getting 20% runoff per irrigation, using the nutes made from salts in the tutorial in my sig.
I spend way less than $2 to make up 50 gals of 2000 ppm food. I will get the cost down to a buck for sure eventually. This is for nutes and additives BTW.
You could partially submerge the res into the ground, cooling it to whatever temp pretty much.
And you could topdress the kiddie pools with teas made with Cap's bennies, you could put some earthworm castings on that shit, with some more coco on top of that, so you could scrape it away if you wanted. You could play with guanos, etc.

One day, when I am king!
http://t0.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFHode8h7x0-3ue60kDFeIhbhTLW37fAyaAWtI52pkkcoJUs-7cQ

I will rock outdoor kiddie pool coco/perlite.
It would be the funniest shit.

Get some 1/2" pvc, put caps on it, drill some holes, stick an airline in the end of the pvc, and shove it into different spots in the kiddie pool. Run an airpump, actively aerate the medium.
With a scrog screen that is like a set of gymnasium bleachers, all facing the sun.
That is what I will do

When I am king!
http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkgP7umj2Ik5x61qvVzfPrNkEhBXzpOQzlY1wEgSHT-gsBdIIJ

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I've read that coco and pure organically don't work well, it was a study done by a college I think but the specifics don't come to mind. Mabe someone can chime in about the specifics of organically and coco only.
Confu...

Landfishd

Landfishd

Cost-effective solution would be kiddie pools with coco and perlite from big box stores(cheapest you could) on drippers, getting 20% runoff per irrigation, using the nutes made from salts in the tutorial in my sig.
I spend way less than $2 to make up 50 gals of 2000 ppm food. I will get the cost down to a buck for sure eventually. This is for nutes and additives BTW.
You could partially submerge the res into the ground, cooling it to whatever temp pretty much.
And you could topdress the kiddie pools with teas made with Cap's bennies, you could put some earthworm castings on that shit, with some more coco on top of that, so you could scrape it away if you wanted. You could play with guanos, etc.

One day, when I am king!
http://t0.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFHode8h7x0-3ue60kDFeIhbhTLW37fAyaAWtI52pkkcoJUs-7cQ

I will rock outdoor kiddie pool coco/perlite.
It would be the funniest shit.

Get some 1/2" pvc, put caps on it, drill some holes, stick an airline in the end of the pvc, and shove it into different spots in the kiddie pool. Run an airpump, actively aerate the medium.
With a scrog screen that is like a set of gymnasium bleachers, all facing the sun.
That is what I will do

When I am king!
http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkgP7umj2Ik5x61qvVzfPrNkEhBXzpOQzlY1wEgSHT-gsBdIIJ

My reasons for wanting to do this or try it aren't because they are cost effective but for simplicity. I'm sure top drip with a nute solution is usually going to give faster growth, more accuracy, and maybe cheaper than dry ferts and nutes, as long as you are getting the salts from an ag company like yourself. It would be nice though if results were comparable if you could just get a bag of Plant Tone or mix your own dry ferts/ammendments, and add this with some compost/ewc into the chow mix water with tap and call it a day. Maybe top dress once during the start of fl0wering and water with teas a couple times a month.

The only flaw I could see would be if you were watering with run off constantly through the day you would be flushing your nutes out of the mix. This is why I also mentioned the blumats so you just keep it moist with no runoff.

I'm definitely gonna try to get one plant going next month with this type of system outside and I'll be sure take lots of notes!

dankworth

dankworth

My reasons for wanting to do this or try it aren't because they are cost effective but for simplicity. I'm sure top drip with a nute solution is usually going to give faster growth, more accuracy, and maybe cheaper than dry ferts and nutes, as long as you are getting the salts from an ag company like yourself. It would be nice though if results were comparable if you could just get a bag of Plant Tone or mix your own dry ferts/ammendments, and add this with some compost/ewc into the chow mix water with tap and call it a day. Maybe top dress once during the start of fl0wering and water with teas a couple times a month.

The only flaw I could see would be if you were watering with run off constantly through the day you would be flushing your nutes out of the mix. This is why I also mentioned the blumats so you just keep it moist with no runoff.

I'm definitely gonna try to get one plant going next month with this type of system outside and I'll be sure take lots of notes!

To clarify, my proposed method of irrigation that gets 20% runoff will use 20% more nutrient solution than a blumat.

I wish I could remember the time-release home depot ferts, they would be perfect for your application I think, as long as the concentration worked out well.

Keep in mind coco contributes K and S, and strips Ca (and Mg I think) so our 20% runoff successfully addresses this.

One could always interface a drain with the kiddie pool, and collect the 20% runoff, and water veggies or something with it.

green punk

green punk

I've read that coco and pure organically don't work well, it was a study done by a college I think but the specifics don't come to mind. Mabe someone can chime in about the specifics of organically and coco only.
Confu...

I know a handful running Bcuzz coco and Age Old Organic Nutes exclusively and they re killing it. Also several handfuls running the Bcuzz coco and Botanicare Pure Blend line with some other nearly organics (not trying to start a "is this organic" debate... to them it is.)

FLB

FLB

Your Avy kills me Dankworth!haha Old cheney needs a big fist up his ass..haha...fucker!

when I am king........classic friend!!haha

turbo14

turbo14

I'm in "Chow Mix" now.

1 Gallon of Cyco Coco. 1 gallon of Hydroton. 2 Gallon Roots Pots. Flooded 3 times a day with Dutch Master A and B.

Crushing it.

turbo

Landfishd

Landfishd

To clarify, my proposed method of irrigation that gets 20% runoff will use 20% more nutrient solution than a blumat.

I wish I could remember the time-release home depot ferts, they would be perfect for your application I think, as long as the concentration worked out well.

Keep in mind coco contributes K and S, and strips Ca (and Mg I think) so our 20% runoff successfully addresses this.

One could always interface a drain with the kiddie pool, and collect the 20% runoff, and water veggies or something with it.

If you are feeding with nutes in the water then for sure you want to have run off, but for the sake of experimenting I think it would be interesting to see if a chow mix amended with nutes and ewc/compost and fed only water via a drip to keep it moist accompanied by a drench with ACT a couple of times a month could compare to feeding the standard way.

Most likely the standard way will outperform because I'm pretty sure the constant nutrient solution running across the media attributes to the fast growth rate in the chow mix. If the dry fert option was decently close though in terms of the growth rate than for me it would be easier to just mix it all up in the beginning and only have to worry about plain water.

Anyhow I'm gonna try it this summer. Only problem is that it will be outside, so I wouldn't be able to fairly compare it to the grows on here with chow mix especially because my outdoor spot is shaded in the morning and evenings.

Also I think I read that Caps packs have some bennies or fungi that help to keep coco in balance

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Sorry to bump this thread but I am hoping to get my grow on finally come sept. Was wondering if anyone is using organic ferts with their chow mix???? This is my plan and the reason I am asking is that most are using salts... so not sure if it is recomended to run organics via a rez? might cause some problems.

Ever after

Ever after

CAN YOU A SOG OF 1 GALLON PLANTS all the way to harvest WITH 80/20 hydto/COCO

is bigger pots better for chow mix why is everyone using 20 gallon pots and stuff biggest i wanna go is 2 gallon smart pots !!!!!!! i like 1 gallon smart pots CAN YOU SOG THOSE AND DO CHOW MIX?????????????????????????????

anyone know???

thanks!

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Been runnin 60/40 Canna/Growstones in 30gal tan smarties. Hit my pers best last round in this setup, 6 plants per 4x8 under 2kw, 22-24 oz per plant. That was using aquaflakes as base. This round switched to Heavy 16 with the full Aptus lineup and added a biowave. Should do 2#/plant, snapin stems at 5 weeks this round with rhizo roots as thick as my thumb..

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

CAN YOU A SOG OF 1 GALLON PLANTS all the way to harvest WITH 80/20 hydto/COCO

sure, just make sure to dial the irrigation schedule so they don't ever dry out. the bigger containers are mainly about trees/yield, but also give more drought insurance than the 1gals.

i'd go with a higher coco ratio to be safe, but that's just me. depends how you like to water..

Ever after

Ever after

yeah GONNA GO WITH A 50/50 HYDROTON/COCO OR GROWSTONE/COCO!!!!!!!! or more like 30/70

grow stones seem nice. I didnt like hydrolite i find it to be very shitty and slow? hydrolite/coco. i ran hydrolite/coco from seed 50/50 ratio and got very weird growth.....only needed to water once a day even with a 50/50 ratio of coco so im thinking if your going to try hydroLite you need to do a ratio of coco lower than 40% i think when you lower the coco you might beable to water more.

do normal spiders ever make a home in cannabis plants like near the top that can look like spider mites??? i keep thinking i have mites only i never see mites or damage to my plants only theres tons of webs and big globs of it like theres some match stick head size garden spiders making me crazy could that be? I have never seen spider mites in flower or in veg I have seen webs of some kind of spider only i never find damage only i might not be looking in the right place''s one of my plants has spider webs going over 2 of my plants and its so crazy because i cant find a mite or damage?. I tossed azamax in the plant's medium to be on the safe side...

St3ve

St3ve

Been runnin 60/40 Canna/Growstones in 30gal tan smarties. Hit my pers best last round in this setup, 6 plants per 4x8 under 2kw, 22-24 oz per plant. That was using aquaflakes as base. This round switched to Heavy 16 with the full Aptus lineup and added a biowave. Should do 2#/plant, snapin stems at 5 weeks this round with rhizo roots as thick as my thumb..

What? Did you say you did 8.5 pounds off 2k watts?

St3ve

St3ve

do normal spiders ever make a home in cannabis plants like near the top that can look like spider mites??..

Definately they do. I have seen spiders and webs and even got a few bites from working. They do no harm though.. since they eat bugs I figure they can do more good than bad.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

9#/2kw with my white fire #13.

Have another pheno that did 12.5#/2kw but lost it..
2#/+¢ plant.

These are very special selections not everything i work with does these #s..

St3ve

St3ve

12 mutha fuckin pounds off 2,000watts? I will send 11 Chinese prostitutes to your house for 11 days if you tell me how the hell you do that or send me a cut of that pheno.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
pulling over 4# a light, that's impressive. I don't know if I'd change nutes with yields that large;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom