City Cultivation Ban?

• Thread starter v1sual
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

http://kymkemp.com/2016/02/19/a-new...t-invites-cannabis-businesses-to-get-permits/

Beginning on Friday, Feb. 26 you can take part in making history by applying to have your medical marijuana business permitted in the unincorporated areas of Humboldt County. On this day, our Commercial Medical Marijuana Land Use Ordinance will take effect, making Humboldt the first county in the state to develop a comprehensive local regulatory system that is in line with recently passed state law........

Way to go boys.

B

barefoot

Good news.........lets hope it doesn't make them a target .........

ganj on............

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it were to be passed, the medical providers and purchases would GO AWAY COMPLETELY within 1-2 years! The lobbyists don't tell you this when they are trying to get "legalization" passed, but there is no way that a highly taxed market can compete with an untaxed, or even lesser taxed, market. They say, "this measure will help the mmj industry, not hurt it." They lie! Within 1 year of legalization, laws will be written and passed that shuts down or converts all dispensaries to the state regulated model. The law will also dramatically limit the number of plants and weight a patient or caregiver can grow. In WA it went from 45 plants/4.5# per collective garden, to 15 plants/6oz per collective garden AND from 15 plants/24oz per individual patient to 4 plants/2 oz per individual patient. Lastly caregivers and patients will NOT be able to vend product to dispensaries anymore. Guaranteed. All stores that actually survive the conversion will have to buy from state licensed vendors only and will be monitored with cameras and a strict seed to sale barcode system.

Thanks NORML!

How do I know all this? Look at history. That's what has happened in all 3 states that have passed corporate sponsored "legalization" so far. California needs to HOLD OUT FOR SOMETHING BETTER. That CCHI looks like the best option. Too bad the deck is rigged.
So, it's not actually in the language, this is just what you're predicting? Because I saw nothing like that in the actual proposed language.

See, we've been holding out, and now look at the fucking mess we have on our hands. IF my husband and I end up being able to stay where we are, our county has decreed that they know how much 'medicine' I should have and be allowed to grow. Oh, and I'm supposed to feel fortunate that they're allowing that much. If we end up having to move, we'd be going to Yucca Valley, where it's completely and entirely now outlawed. I have no seat at the table unless I can get to a place like Humboldt, but even then it's too late for me because of a whole slew of issues.

Not to mention, but I will, is that what you're describing, with specific regard to licensing and taxation, is what we've already got with MMRSA. Except that local munis can ban it entirely--cultivation, sales, testing, distribution. I'm even getting whiffs of some that are moving to ban use entirely.

So, how's AUMA gonna be worse for me, again?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

So, it's not actually in the language, this is just what you're predicting? Because I saw nothing like that in the actual proposed language.
It will be entirely separate measures, passed about a year apart. Here in WA they passed the "legalization" bill, which was SB 502 where the lobbyists made all their false promises. Then a year later Senator Anne Rivers passed SB 5052 which shuts down or coverts all the dispensaries to state run stores, and pretty much ends MMJ.

WA used the same playbook as Colorado basically where Chris Romer bent them over, Brian Vicente tied them down and put a ball gag in their mouth and then Tom Massey raped them in the booty. Then bingo bango boingo, cottage industry dead, only big business or black market remains. We can often predict the future by studying the past. First they divide, then they conquer.

So, how's AUMA gonna be worse for me, again?
Oh, you'll see. Unfortunately.

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
It will be entirely separate measures, passed about a year apart. Here in WA they passed the "legalization" bill, which was SB 502 where the lobbyists made all their false promises. Then a year later Senator Anne Rivers passed SB 5052 which shuts down or coverts all the dispensaries to state run stores, and pretty much ends MMJ.

WA used the same playbook as Colorado basically where Chris Romer bent them over, Brian Vicente tied them down and put a ball gag in their mouth and then Tom Massey raped them in the booty. Then bingo bango boingo, cottage industry dead, only big business or black market remains. We can often predict the future by studying the past. First they divide, then they conquer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

We're not already divided? Of course we are. So, I'll go from not being able to legally grow, to ostensibly not being able to legally grow.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

We're not already divided? Of course we are. So, I'll go from not being able to legally grow, to ostensibly not being able to legally grow.
Yes, what is happening right now is the division stage of the master plan. They are persuading all the people who voted no on prop 19 to support a measure That is still not in their best interest due to desperation. Obviously it's working.

Do you really think that the "clerical error" that lead to all the bans was an honest mistake? Ha! Right now the CA mmj cottage industry stakeholders are like Brad Pitt screaming "what's in the box" at the end of Seven, and the lobbyists are waiting for y'all to pull the trigger with a yes vote for AUMA.

Remember this conversation in 3 years.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Gotta say, what GreenThumb is saying sounds par for the course for government. Evidence all around us, but some choose to ignore. "Governement, for the people by the people" has turned to "government of the politicians, by the military, for the corporations."

I will remember this conversation in 3 years. However when I bring up old threads proving what one was talking about, they get shut down right away. See ya in three years.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Thinking I may go 100% black market in the future. I am only waiting to see if CCHI gets on the ballet and passes first. If it doesn`t become law then I`ll be going black market. I really won`t have a choice anyway. After I get my farm going good I think I`ll work on getting a group to gather and flood the market with free dank everywhere in the state until something like CCHI passes ! Lets see how well there regulations, controls and taxes last when 100lbs. bails of dank are being dropped off in the street corners weekly in every major city in the state! Can`t tax, regulate or control cannabis when it`s value is 0 .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
On my trip to town I had a chance to sign two petitions, one to excluding cannabis from the agro land bill that if the County had it`s way would make growing on unincorporated land not agriculturally zoned illegal. My land is zoned for agriculture use, but many people`s are not!

Newenglander

Newenglander

I lost my family, money, and freedom in the middle of the colorado green rush....18 months ill never get back. I make more now then I ever did fully legal anyhow.

We've done a fucking fantastic job for decades with OUR black market why change status quo.

Remember when overgrow the world was still cool?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Guys, the answer is obvious. No jail time when things go legal. Don't forget about that. Frankly, I am tired of being considered a criminal.

@Newenglander Got locked up for weed?

Newenglander

Newenglander

Guys, the answer is obvious. No jail time when things go legal. Don't forget about that. Frankly, I am tired of being considered a criminal.

@Newenglander Got locked up for weed?

Yes I was arrested in El Paso county stayed in the towers for a stent then was moved out to Eagle, CO. For the remainder.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Not sure I have heard a better argument for legalization. Jail for weed.....(facepalm)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I don't want to go to jail anymore than the next guy but I'm unwilling to conform to taxes, controlling and regulations that tell me what i can do ! Live free or die ! Don't we have about enough of that in our lives already?!?! Nope rather face jail ! Don't think fines and fees are a good enough replacement , still unjust and not what I call freedom ! It isn't going to make people like me stop fighting for a the freedom to grow, the improved property rights or right to my own body !

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Not trying to be combative, but you would rather sit in jail or die, than pay taxes?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Yes I was arrested in El Paso county stayed in the towers for a stent then was moved out to Eagle, CO. For the remainder.
Huh? What year and how many priors did you have?
I was caught in El Paso county with 66 plants, 60 over my allowed count in 2010 and got a differed felony with 2 years unsupervised probation.

Top Bottom