Clockworx pictures presents "Friendly Fire" Goji OG -vs- Lucky Charms

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

who will be the victor

• Total voters
clockworx

clockworx

So before we get started im going to speak a little bit on the compost teas (AACT). Tons of people have been asking me what kinds of teas there are and what works best. The type of tea used depends on the plants that are being grown and the phase that plant is in. People growing cannabis tend to have a love for myco and fungi dominated teas, personally I don't care for this type of tea for a few reasons. First reason is because I don't feel the growing season is long enough to establish a strong connection between the roots and the fungi in time to be helpful. Second, the connection is very sensitive, if you do plan on using this type of tea and or myco in your soil then bottled nutrients of any kind should be avoided. Fungi responds best to a totally organic style of growing like tlo where the bacteria breakdown nutrients in the soil to usable forms allowing the fungi to trade it with the roots. This works wonders when growing plants outdoors (in ground) but when plants are in pots the roots already cover most surface area and reaching nutrients is not a problem. Fungi is used to expand the roots reach in order to collect more food, so its kinda silly when my plants are in pots !!!

Bennifical bacteria are my choice when growing indoors. Microbes are vast in numbers, multiply very fast, are great for breaking down organic matter, work wonders for roots and are not as sensitive as fungi which allows me to still use some bottled products without fear of killing them off . The roots cover all the surface area in pots they just need help breaking down nutrients, this is why I choose bacteria teas over fungi. You can use whatever you want, this is MY CHOICE.

With that out of the way, we can now talk about how to create a tea you want. The most important ingredient is compost, but not just any kind. The materials used to make your compost will determine if your tea will end up bacterial of fungal. Compost made with a higher nitrogen (green) to carbon (woody) ratio will support a bacteria compost and when its made with a higher carbon to nitrogen ratio it will support fungal compost. When trying to make a combination of the two your compost needs to be made from materials that support growth of the two. You can't have a fungal tea without using a compost that contains fungi or adding spores after the brewing, same for bacteria. The brew time is also important, the trick is to brew just long enough to multiply the organisms without letting a specific one dominate. Example, if I want a tea with both fungi and bacteria I would use 50% bacteria compost 50% fungal compost and food for both, brew it for 12-24 hours and use it immediately. The longer you brew the less diverse your tea will be. If I was just making a bacterial tea I would only use bacterial compost and food. Below is a list of items and what they feed.

****Always use ro or distilled water to make your teas.
****tap water needs to be bubbled to evaporate the chlorine. Most places use chloramines in water along with chlorine and will need to be filtered. **** (.25oz per 5gal) ascorbic acid or humic acid will bond to chloramines and allow you to use tap water without killing everything after chlorine is off gassed.

Common Compost Tea Recipe Ingredients

Ingredient/Feeds
(White Sugar) Bacteria..................(Maple Syrup) Bacteria
(Corn Syrup) Bacteria....................(Cane Sugar) Bacteria
(Molasses) Bacteria/Fungi............(Fish Emulsion) Bacteria
(Fruit Pulp) Bacteria/Fungi...........(Fish Hydrolysate) Fungi
(Kelp) Bacteria/Fungi.....................(Ground Oatmeal) Fungi
(Rock Dusts) Bacteria/Fungi.......( Yucca) Fungi
(Humic Acids) Bacteria/Fungi.....(Soybean) Meal/Fungi

Last edited:
clockworx

clockworx

IMG 20131115 234444
IMG 20131115 234254

neverbreak

neverbreak

love ya work bro, if yer care for yer plants is anything like yer care for this thread, there are gonna be some killer plants to look at soon. great writeup on the tea too, kudos.

neverbreak

clockworx

clockworx

As of now its not looking good for the goji og which is kinda disappointing, I got 1 in the dirt but the other 2 just don't wanna do anything. Its only been a short time but the others have burst into life leaving the goji in the dust.

soserthc1

soserthc1

As of now its not looking good for the goji og which is kinda disappointing, I got 1 in the dirt but the other 2 just don't wanna do anything. Its only been a short time but the others have burst into life leaving the goji in the dust.
Seen some seeds start out slow and take off still early in the race and i bet lucky charms so chances are good they won't win as that why i don't make bet as i suck at it ,

Haggardass

Haggardass

Hopefully that shell comes off without to much problem, I hate having to do it myself I'm to shaky.

clockworx

clockworx

Hopefully that shell comes off without to much problem, I hate having to do it myself I'm to shaky.
I always plant shallow after germinating in towel, the trick is to use a spray bottle of water and just lightly mist the seedling a few times per day, it keeps the shell soft and it falls right off every time.;)

soserthc1

soserthc1

I always plant shallow after germinating in towel, the trick is to use a spray bottle of water and just lightly mist the seedling a few times per day, it keeps the shell soft and it falls right off every time.;)
Bingo ..... my thinking and planting tech also - pops up easier usually in 24 hrs and mist them constantly - first i give them a good little soak so the bottom is not dry when the roots hit it but not over wet as they will damping off ....

clockworx

clockworx

Was that blue N in the first piece S A N E is what i got from it - if it was it ruined the piece imho - your inspiring me to get a paint collection going again ... school bus yellow - hot pink - fire engin red and dig out my lids ...... lol
Look again, its GANE with a frost block ice N...it didn't ruin it, you would get if if you could see the whole wall, each piece has a ice block letter that is another word when looked at from a distance and there is a penguin chipping them out.

Last edited:
soserthc1

soserthc1

Look again, its GANE with a frost block ice N...it didn't ruin it, you would get if if you could see the whole wall, each piece has a ice block letter that is another word when looked at from a distance and there is a penguin chipping them out.
That would make sense then gonna have to take a walkabout with my camera one of these days though the talent pool has been watered down around here lately any Bansky news ...... brb -

Top Bottom