Cloning gone all wrong attempt #5

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

If you have not tried it yet maybe distilled water could help? I believe it would be significantly less sediments, salts etc. Have you taken a ppm Reading of water ?

No expert myself only interested in the subject.
Currently Reading true living organics by the rev and there he States the importance of pure water, with rainwater being the best for those who have opportunity to collect that

Lacey

Lacey

I was a busy woman this morning. I made a list from all of the suggestions. I have 1 in water, 4 in pots with soil and a baggie over them, I re-did the everyday dome cloner and did the clones that was recommended and since I have a unused FloraFlex plugs and incubator I decided to do some in that one as well.
I PHed the water to 5.5. I know this will raise a bit with the cubes and I will ph the water again in 24 hrs.

Keeping fingers crossed!!!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
with only 2 leaves and little light (like less than 4k lux at the upper limit - you can measure with an app on your phone)

Lacey

Lacey

with only 2 leaves and little light (like less than 4k lux at the upper limit - you can measure with an app on your phone)
I have them in the house near a window but not in direct sunlight. I am on a mission to get the clones going! I will update in about a week to let everyone know what the outcome is on the different methods. What might work for one might not work for another.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

So I clone using older growth cuttings. I take it and cut it then cut all the lower growth off and leave one or two fans on but cut the tips. But do it fast then immediately put in water until your ready to plant em. If you get air in the stem it won’t root. I just plant em in solo cups with coco and a light amending. I spray the leaves with water, and the dome only when it’s humidity drops in them. I put them on a heat pad and I keep my coco moist but not saturated. I use clonex rooting hormone.

Lacey

Lacey

It’s been 7 days with this new attempt.
No roots yet in the clone trays. I broke a couple cubes open and nothing. I’m thinking this one is also another failed attempt.
I’m still waiting on the jar of water and the directly into the soil with bags on top.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So I clone using older growth cuttings. I take it and cut it then cut all the lower growth off and leave one or two fans on but cut the tips. But do it fast then immediately put in water until your ready to plant em. If you get air in the stem it won’t root. I just plant em in solo cups with coco and a light amending. I spray the leaves with water, and the dome only when it’s humidity drops in them. I put them on a heat pad and I keep my coco moist but not saturated. I use clonex rooting hormone.
absolutely important as soon as the cut is made put straight in a glass of water, then when ready take out cut at 45 degree angle, maybe lightly scrap the sides, cut in middle of stem upward at cut, than rooting powder/gel than into growing medium.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
It’s been 7 days with this new attempt.
No roots yet in the clone trays. I broke a couple cubes open and nothing. I’m thinking this one is also another failed attempt.
I’m still waiting on the jar of water and the directly into the soil with bags on top.
Don't fret.. It can take longer than 7 days for clones to root. Aim for roots in 2 weeks, give or take.. Patience

Ponky

Ponky

If you want quick clones with Rockwool cubes you need a root heating mat.
If you can wait 3 weeks for awesome clones with huge roots and no cube you can use a bubble or mist cloner. They make very stout healthy clones.
Rapid rooters can also help quite substantially.
By far I prefer bubble clones. Rockwool clones never get to be the same vigor I find.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
show us some pictures of the new attempts.

id love to see the different ways, especially since i go basic - cut it, pluck leaves off, stick it in tap water i havent a clue of the ph. they just grow. so im pretty sure the methods should work if you cut the leaves down to just 2 and dont over light it.

makes me want to run start a clone!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Leaf number is absolutely important. Temp 80f rh80%. Media tight to the stem (sooo important) low low light. Immediately into water after cut to prevent air in the stem (this causes death of tissue much like air pruning of roots or the area after topping). Rooting hormones help. Tap water or low ppm water. Never plain RO (even though there are no roots yet they do absorb a tiny tiny amount of water and nutes.

You can have more than 2-3 leaves but absolutely 2-3 is better. If you do making sure they have even less light is important as you don't want to drive photosynthesis but just prevent them from flowering.

Some clones including some taken in early flower.

IMG 20200107 115650
IMG 20200108 112128
20201128 172540
20201228 120145
20201228 120103
Moshmen

Moshmen

Leaf number is absolutely important. Temp 80f rh80%. Media tight to the stem (sooo important) low low light. Immediately into water after cut to prevent air in the stem (this causes death of tissue much like air pruning of roots or the area after topping). Rooting hormones help. Tap water or low ppm water. Never plain RO (even though there are no roots yet they do absorb a tiny tiny amount of water and nutes.

You can have more than 2-3 leaves but absolutely 2-3 is better. If you do making sure they have even less light is important as you don't want to drive photosynthesis but just prevent them from flowering.

Some clones including some taken in early flower.
You just make look so easy! Lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah I just had a bad experience a heat may temp , I think it has slowly burnt out after wilting a couple dozen I checked the temp with my infrared it was 96 way to hot ! Killed em all

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I just had a bad experience a heat may temp , I think it has slowly burnt out after wilting a couple dozen I checked the temp with my infrared it was 96 way to hot ! Killed em all
Ouch yeah heat mat needs to be 72-74. Air temp 80f gives close to that media temp as media is always slightly cooler than air.

Imo media 70-78f is acceptable for great results and fast rooting.

I have had clones root in as little as 4-5 days

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
It is if you just do that... I used to put my clones on a TV cable box with a towel on it... was the perfect temps... a little redneck ingenuity goes a long way lol
a redneck canadian, whodathunkit

i germinate seeds on the cable box, and it works well, but i have my clones sitting on my computer desk, the equipment heat probably helps a lot (i dont do it for that reason, just if the plant is where i am it gets my attention). i usually have roots in at least a week (unless i pick a woody bit, then i do totally different). im sure its just luck, but it works for me.

im just reading all about clones and cloning now, i do a LOT wrong, lol. looks like mine should always die! luck must play a big role!

i enjoy propagating any plant! my violets are quite interesting to grow from a leaf, or the Jade can just grow from any bit of plant. the cannabis plants seem easy to me, but i dont do anything on any large scale. im sure the more scale the more important the details.

i love love love the clones from flowering plants! the Monster! weirdest things to watch! i might do that just to enjoy the crazy leaves and curlie Qs

Top Bottom