Cloning gone all wrong attempt #5

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lacey

Lacey

ya it looks like your mothers could be healthier... I see signs of leaf stress on most of your cut and overall lack of 'peps'/turgidity
The mom's are looking better now. I cant help the leaf damage on them now, but the new growth is healthy. But then again, some are now starting to flower/bud.
We are working on getting a filtration system to bring down our ppm into the correct range. Till then they get water from our pond. The clones get distilled water.
I wish I had it easy when it comes to cloning like some of you.

Lacey

Lacey

I see the problem here and I had the same the first time I used em. The holes are to big, youbneed to flip them over and poke a new hole. It's absolutely crucial that the media is tight to the stem... no air
Do you think these can be saved? Or should I start over? I didnt think about the holes being too big.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you think these can be saved? Or should I start over? I didnt think about the holes being too big.
Start a couple and see. I use those and forst time was like never again. Then a member suggested I flip and poke new holes... close to 100% now like I get with peat pellets.rooting powder seems to help and I saturate them once with tap and into the cloner with dome.

Lacey

Lacey

Start a couple and see. I use those and forst time was like never again. Then a member suggested I flip and poke new holes... close to 100% now like I get with peat pellets.rooting powder seems to help and I saturate them once with tap and into the cloner with dome.
You don't squeeze the water out before putting in the clone?
I was told not to have any water in the tray. I noticed several of the cubes were dry. So I put a little water in the trays.
I pulled a few more out that were basically dead. I plugged the holes that were too big. I did flip the cube over on a few of them just to try that way out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You don't squeeze the water out before putting in the clone?
I was told not to have any water in the tray. I noticed several of the cubes were dry. So I put a little water in the trays.
I pulled a few more out that were basically dead. I plugged the holes that were too big. I did flip the cube over on a few of them just to try that way out.
Nope I literally dunk em and plop em in. No water in the bottom. For seeds I would absolutely squeeze the water out.

Lacey

Lacey

Since I was having good luck with cloning into a container of soil, we made these last night.
Image22782
Image02780
Image12781

Lacey

Lacey

Nope I literally dunk em and plop em in. No water in the bottom. For seeds I would absolutely squeeze the water out.
I would love for my husband to let me play with his seed bank again. I can handle seeds no problem..... Totally different story with clones.
I might just try your way, I have plenty of room in the cloners since most of them have died off. lol

elduderito

elduderito

ya ... at least you have plenty of space and material to practice with! that new batch certainly looks healthier - fingers crossed for you !

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would love for my husband to let me play with his seed bank again. I can handle seeds no problem..... Totally different story with clones.
I might just try your way, I have plenty of room in the cloners since most of them have died off. lol
By the end of this you will be a pro in all cloning methods lol.

Lilolme

Lilolme

There is something in the equation that needs to be eliminated, I have rooted some sorry lookin stuff from my trim trash just to see if I could. The greenhouse domes that hold humidity, 800 ppm well water? My final method is an oxycloner and Clonex solution, cutting 45 degrees through a node, dipping in rioting powder, snipping through the fan leaves, a 30 watt led shop light on 18/6. You seem to be over thinkin this I have never had a failure. Your descriptions of your failures all seem due to excessive humidity which they do not need to root. Keep it simple I have just plopped em in a glass of water and waited a couple weeks, no covers or spraying they are not tropical plants. Invest in an oxycloner and proper solution, your method seems to be correct untill you rot your cuttings with excessive humidity. It is so simple I feel like you only need to tweak a couple of things, loose the cubes and all that you don’t need em they may be part of your issue. Get an oxycloner and be done with it, leave the leaves so the cuttings can feed on them while they get their roots goin they will yellow and dry and thats a good sign they are comin to life
41DB5A55 4AD9 4639 AB40 AC7BDBBF2455

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i love that you found what worked and built to make the scale you need!!!

that is the way to innovate!!!

Lacey

Lacey

There is something in the equation that needs to be eliminated, I have rooted some sorry lookin stuff from my trim trash just to see if I could. The greenhouse domes that hold humidity, 800 ppm well water? My final method is an oxycloner and Clonex solution, cutting 45 degrees through a node, dipping in rioting powder, snipping through the fan leaves, a 30 watt led shop light on 18/6. You seem to be over thinkin this I have never had a failure. Your descriptions of your failures all seem due to excessive humidity which they do not need to root. Keep it simple I have just plopped em in a glass of water and waited a couple weeks, no covers or spraying they are not tropical plants. Invest in an oxycloner and proper solution, your method seems to be correct untill you rot your cuttings with excessive humidity. It is so simple I feel like you only need to tweak a couple of things, loose the cubes and all that you don’t need em they may be part of your issue. Get an oxycloner and be done with it, leave the leaves so the cuttings can feed on them while they get their roots goin they will yellow and dry and thats a good sign they are comin to lifeView attachment 1150440
I am not using our well water. I am using distilled water. We have a Turbo cloner and we had several issues with that as well. We had nothing but stem rot. I think I have tried every method out there. However, when we used the Turbo cloner we didn't know our water was 800ppm. If the soil containers continue to work with us, we will stick with that method. It takes less power that way.

Lacey

Lacey

Congrats those look better. That’s a lot of cloning, I see a hundred days x40 of plant work in your future. 😀
Its a bit overkill, but.... things go wrong all the time. I just want to make sure I have enough so I can learn how to make creams, oils etc. I need to start to research on the "how to's". lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom