Cmh Vs Led O

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Cmh vs led, vote and reply with the reasons why!

• LED

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • CMH (LEC)

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Merry christmas to all of you!

Well I think you guys convinced me to go LED. I like COBs a lot but also ran into ths Electric Sky ES180 by the green sunshine co and kinda fell in love! I know they just came out but has anyone heard bad thinga about em? The passive cooling really gets me, the slim design is great for my tent in case the plants grow taller than wanted, light is distributed super evenly, diodes are replacable... And for a 4x4 they advice 2x es180 or 2x es300 which would be like $800 or $1250.

For now I think I'm just gonna stick with a 600w or 1000w hps and after a few runs I'll be able to get a badass LED.

H

heisen

CMH all day FTW.Ive seen alot of LED grows and they always seem to lack the fullness and super fat buds you see under HPS or CMH.I have gone round and round about getting LED but its hard to convince myself ill get the same quality green i get from under CMH.
Veg times under CMH are super fast,and the full spectrum you get just creates a superior product.I run 2 315's over a 3 plant 3x4 and that space consistently produces quality shit.the last haul was 24 ounces,3 plants under 2 315;s in RDWC.I really do think a WATT is a Watt and theres no way around it.i dont think LED can give you more light for less watts and the plants wont know any better.Plants under LED look nice but if your gonna spend the time and effort i would go with CMH.

Some CMH grows ive done

DSC 0408

DSC 0397

DSC 0258

20170716 003622

20170702 222805

Rcubed

Rcubed

CMH all day FTW.Ive seen alot of LED grows and they always seem to lack the fullness and super fat buds you see under HPS or CMH.I have gone round and round about getting LED but its hard to convince myself ill get the same quality green i get from under CMH.
Veg times under CMH are super fast,and the full spectrum you get just creates a superior product.I run 2 315's over a 3 plant 3x4 and that space consistently produces quality shit.the last haul was 24 ounces,3 plants under 2 315;s in RDWC.I really do think a WATT is a Watt and theres no way around it.i dont think LED can give you more light for less watts and the plants wont know any better.Plants under LED look nice but if your gonna spend the time and effort i would go with CMH.

Some CMH grows ive done

View attachment 766705

View attachment 766706

View attachment 766707

View attachment 766708

View attachment 766710
Unreal cola on that one by the Dew bottle. What strain is that?

H

heisen

Unreal cola on that one by the Dew bottle. What strain is that?
Scotts OG pheno i found when i ran a few of Rare dankness.Its my #12 thats just what i call it.The smell and flavor is top notch.My buddy just got back from cali and i hooked him up and he said its better smoke than 90 percent of the shit hes been getting out there.impossibe to hide that shit on you unless you keep it in an airtight container.it reeks through double ziplocks.I grew it under HPS and it was good but i have to say man under CMH it was off the chain.Something about CMH just makes the quality go up for sure.Especially if its dialed in right,I grow all DWC and can get my plants dialed in to the T

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Merry christmas to all of you!

Well I think you guys convinced me to go LED. I like COBs a lot but also ran into ths Electric Sky ES180 by the green sunshine co and kinda fell in love! I know they just came out but has anyone heard bad thinga about em? The passive cooling really gets me, the slim design is great for my tent in case the plants grow taller than wanted, light is distributed super evenly, diodes are replacable... And for a 4x4 they advice 2x es180 or 2x es300 which would be like $800 or $1250.

For now I think I'm just gonna stick with a 600w or 1000w hps and after a few runs I'll be able to get a badass LED.

Aye bro, do you have a link to the ES unit? They look like a quality light, but can't vouch for the them because I haven't seen a ppfd map.

H

heisen

Looks to me like you would be better off with a Diy cob light for around 50 to 60% of the cost. Or you could get one like this. Prebuilt.
says it draws 600 watts for a 4x4 space.Thats crazy when you can run 2 315 CMH for half the price and get the same if not better results with a full spectrum bulb

H

heisen

Quality spectrum, no bulb changes, less heat, more yield/watt... Okay I've said enough.
More yield per watt is definitly a misconception and false.Also Leds put out there fair share of heat.I personally dont see the quality of LED compared to CMH.Definitly dont see any jump in weight over CMH.No way in hell your win that argument

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Some grows are better than others and the avatar pic was from a seedling run. This grow pulled over 2 elbows in a 4x4 from under 600 watts of Cree 3590 3500K. Organic soil btw.
100 5787

H

heisen

Its totally cool that you doubt me HB, but I go by weight not size...
Heres a 10 foot stringer and than some on the end out of a 3x4 scrog with CMH.plus another 4 ounces of larf bottom cuts i gave away not in the pic.
Your LED link you posted was around 8 to 900 out the door and consumes 600 watts to cover a 4x4.
Not trying to be a dick but i see these LED gurus swearing by there equipment but i just never see any buds that amount to anything bigger than the thickness of a hotdog.Help me out here and convince me im full of shit.
DSC 0414

H

heisen

Some grows are better than others and the avatar pic was from a seedling run. This grow pulled over 2 elbows in a 4x4 from under 600 watts of Cree 3590 3500K. Organic soil btw.
View attachment 766875
2 ELBOWS in that pic your crazy as hell and thats a fact.Ive dropped and chopped my fair share and i can promise you im pretty damn good at estimating a chop but there is no way in hell 2 bows dried in that pic.LOL hell to the naw

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Heres a 10 foot stringer and than some on the end out of a 3x4 scrog with CMH.plus another 4 ounces of larf bottom cuts i gave away not in the pic.
Your LED link you posted was around 8 to 900 out the door and consumes 600 watts to cover a 4x4.
Not trying to be a dick but i see these LED gurus swearing by there equipment but i just never see any buds that amount to anything bigger than the thickness of a hotdog.Help me out here and convince me im full of shit.
View attachment 766874
Nice looking grow HB, have you checked out any of Grow Mau5's work on youtube. Greengenes throws down too. Not really trying to change anyone's mind. I know cmh and cobs are good tech. Way better than Mars hydro.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

2 ELBOWS in that pic your crazy as hell and thats a fact.Ive dropped and chopped my fair share and i can promise you im pretty damn good at estimating a chop but there is no way in hell 2 bows dried in that pic.LOL hell to the naw
"That's like your opinion man." :smoking:

Top Bottom