CO MMJ Labeling Requirements (Coming Soon)

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Okay, so mandatory testing of bud is coming in Colorado, and so is required labeling. I am being encouraged to change nutrients due to the stigma of GH Flora and cut down the additives quite a bit so there isn't a huge list of "ingredients" on my bags of weed.

Any insight as to how and what they are doing to go about this? I heard if its organic (or at least OMRI) you don't have to list it on the label.

I am growing in RDWC, I can't go fully organic...what now?

Sshfan

Sshfan

I use GH micro and bloom and flush with moloasses and my herb burns smoother than 99% of the MMC's does. I also flush for minimum of two weeks and I run in coco. I have a buddy that grows organic and his smoke is always black ash and burns badly.

Honestly, there will be a lot of opinions on this post but I believe GH nutes have been used for quite a while commercially and are clean nutrients if you feed and flush the plant correctly. You can go organic and deal with fungus nats and soil mixtures all day but I bet that will become a pain in the ass in a large indoor grow. It all comes down to the flush, drying and curing IMO.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It's all about testing in the long run and they are a long ways away from the final process that is goin to be required.

Regulation 43.3-904. Product Labeling, Substitution, Sampling and Analysis.

A. No licensee, for the sale of medical marijuana shall sell, transfer or give away any medical marijuana that does not contain a label with a list of all chemical additives, including but not limited to nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers that were used in its cultivation and production.

B. In addition, all labels shall include: (1) the license number of the manufacturer, grower, or center; (2) the date of manufacturer, harvest or sale; (3) strains and license numbers where obtained; and (4) the patient registry number of the purchaser. All “edibles” shall also contain the following statement:
“This product is infused with medical marijuana and was produced without regulatory oversight for health, safety or efficacy and there may be health risks associated with the consumption of the product.”

C. All licensees for the sale of medical marijuana shall, upon request of the MED or any of its officers, make available to the person so requesting a sufficient quantity of such medical marijuana to enable sampling or analysis thereof. The licensee shall be notified of the results of the sampling or analysis without delay.

You could use a organic super soil mix, or you could use Roots Organics, Organicare, Pura Vida, Fox Farm, etc..there are all kinds of ways to go full organic even in RCDWC if ya wanted.

Not clear whether they want the product used listed or the chemicals in the product itself listed

Tex

P

pikes peak 69

The key is going to be educating the patients on Fertilizer salts and flushing.

I think a lot of bud is going to be called organic even if it isn't, at least until they actually start testing or get complaints from someone.
I say list all the chems and additives you used, but list them by salt name, not by the product name. ie: Don't list "Budswell" list it as the salts that are in it.
Then may be put together a small booklet that they can take an read. In it put links to studies that show how plants can't tell the difference between organic and chem. Also explain flushing. May be also have some of your product tested by a lab and get results for organic and non-organic buds.

Just thinking out loud here, but I see that this is going to be a stumbling block for some.

pp69

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

GH is good, clean simplicity.

the Botanicare organic product should work in RDWC, though the GH works so well with that method. the shit almost grows too fast!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

LMAO! this is the stupidest freaking thing ive ever heard....yea cool ill list whats in the bud....makes all us stupid potheads seem even smarter....Next time im buying corn or any veggies ill look for that little label....what its not on there?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
One thing to keep in mind is that even with an OMRI certification, you are allowed up to 49% inorganic material and even then you can just pay your OMRI registration fee and your pretty much OMRI certified..in the big picture OMRI has very little to do with what fertilizers/additives you use in the process.

Azotrol, azamax, neem products, sm90, organicide, gonats, and alot more are all completely organic pesticides, if your gettin technical

Tex

O

Octopus Sun

Get ready to start using Full Spectrum or the new State Certified labs they are building to test your smoke.
and those new 3-D lazer labels they were showing off, gonna have to buy them from the state also.
Won't be able to make your own labels. Must be state certified. Just wait, it gets worse.
you have no clue what's in store for the MMJ biz here in CO.
Total Regulation and State control

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Correct me if im wrong please, but isnt avid organic.....some of the most deadly pesticides out there are organic. OMRI is a freaking joke. And dont get the kids started on Organicide...."it made my buds taste poopy...it ruined my whole crop..." yall can blow that out your ass...

C

COb

You could run moonshine mix, and the 'ingredients' would be only H2O... Might look better than the GH ingredient list...

Dorje

Dorje

City of Boulder also won't let you put hydro fluid down the drain, or landfill growing materials like rockwool.

R

Rabbi

Wow, that some requirement on labeling.

Another issue you'll all face as soon as you start testing. Along with a couple dispensaries we sent in several blind samples of the same crop. and never got back two similar results. After trying the five or so companies offering these services. an owner found one that did the same test but for other industries. gave them a try and every result was within a .03% standard deviation. There were only Two companies doing this 2 years ago now there are 10 state wide claiming to perform these test......our thought is - a few have figured out how to out source the testing........ so you pay different companies but the same lab is running the test.

Sounds like your state is figuring how to extract every ounce of profit in this crop. So in the end your getting the same profit as a farmer selling bails of Hay. Do you guys have organizations fighting for the growers? or is it all one sided?

Dorje

Dorje

Do you guys have organizations fighting for the growers? or is it all one sided?

We have a bunch of douchetards lobbying for the interests of big dispensaries while simultaneously selling out caregivers and patients. It's nice over here in CO....

R

Rabbi

Ya, one thing the Cali dispencries dont see comming soon is enforcement of the California HIPA laws - Heath Information Privacy Act. Anyone dealng with HIPA in Cali has compliance cost anyhwere from $30,000 to well over $100,000 annually.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow. On one hand, from a customer/client/patient perspective labeling sounds like a great idea. But from the OP, what stigma against GH? Ok, so I don't get out much, but what's wrong with GH Flora?

And then that bit about the labs themselves, on one hand it's funny, on the other it looks like you folks out there in Colorado-land are gonna be getting twisted pretty hard.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

the thing that cracks me up the most of all this is, ive had two close friends move up there in the last 6 months, both are legal now.....and both sell nearly 100% of there crop on the blackmarket to other patients and potheads.....One buddy told me its as easy as going to walmart with a sack and saying hey anyone need some pot.....i sat in the car on my last trip while a friend walked in and bought us a sack from a disp.....

The people that keep makin all these choices and rules need to grip there bible a softer and get in touch with reality....

pollenchucker

pollenchucker

We have a bunch of douchetards lobbying for the interests of big dispensaries while simultaneously selling out caregivers and patients. It's nice over here in CO....

that just about covers it.

Tripsick

Tripsick

If this is going to be passed off as medicine it should have some regulations.
We should have a guarantee that its Fungus and pest free..

Plus now I'll have someone to sue if i get sick from consuming meds that were tainted...:mmm
(you know that is going to happen)

Keep your pockets open they are not done taking your profits..

This should weed out the rest of the weedrush profiteers. unless you own a testing and labeling company or just have loads of money.

The Underground will always be alive until there is full legalization..

B

BoCo Buds

City of Boulder also won't let you put hydro fluid down the drain, or landfill growing materials like rockwool.

Gent down the line in Denver told me something similar about the nutes... not going to be able to just flush it anymore.

Don't quite know what that means... no waste feeding and/or collecting & disposing w a chem company...???

Funny... boulder inspector recently said no wood materials in the rooms... lol... they just reworked like 20 tables... lmao... and all were 'passed' before!

You can only laugh ;-)

Dorje

Dorje

Gent down the line in Denver told me something similar about the nutes... not going to be able to just flush it anymore.

Don't quite know what that means... no waste feeding and/or collecting & disposing w a chem company...???

Funny... boulder inspector recently said no wood materials in the rooms... lol... they just reworked like 20 tables... lmao... and all were 'passed' before!

You can only laugh ;-)

We're splitting our space with some hydro guys and they found a company that will dispose of their waste. I use (and re-use) soil and never flush so I'm set.... but I do use plywood beds... maybe we'll have to reconsider that. Is the Boulder inspector city or county?

Give me a ring sometime I lost your # when I deleted all my incriminating PM's over at ICYmag.

We were also suppose to pick up our building permit last week and the city inspector had another issue to work out with our Architect. I went down there today and he said he has what he needs and will be able to get us our permit wednesday, 5 weeks and 4 days after we submitted it. Motherfuckers I want to kill someone, wish I could laugh but it'll probably take a while...

Top Bottom