CO MMJ Labeling Requirements (Coming Soon)

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dorje

Dorje

its easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission

Sometimes it is, but the penalties for not getting the right permitting are tough.

BTW, the app + building permit cost over $5000. That does not include Boulder's $5000 mmj license.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Sshfan

Sshfan

What I find interesting is they know exactly who manufacture these drugs and where they come from. They are heavily regulated and they still can't control the deaths and distribution associated with these legal pharmaceuticals. What makes them think they can monitor mmj effectively? Why do they the need to monitor an herb that is non toxic and has not caused any deaths while pharmies continue to push their addictive and FDA approved crap through the their network of paid for doctors. Maybe they should concentrate on the important shit like heavy drugs that cause harm and kill people and leave mmj out of it. I know some of these pain meds have a place but they are being heavily abused by physicians, drug manufacturers and patients.

S

SoCoMMJ

I know some of these pain meds have a place but they are being heavily abused by physicians, drug manufacturers and patients.

The addictive properties tolerance build are what lead to the abuse with patients. They just keep needing more and more to get the same result. It's a terrible cycle.

S

SoCoMMJ

So to reel back this thread, :)
Are we going to need to list the products used or the ingredients in the products.

For Example:

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom

or

Fish Meal,
Sea Bird Shit,
Kelp,
Calcium Carbonate,
Magnesium Carbonate,
Potassium Carbonate,
etc,
etc

Even growing pseudo organic, the list could get quite lengthy. Would hate to see the ingredient list on the Advanced stuff.

P

pikes peak 69

Labels are going to be bigger then the package you put the meds in.LOL

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I know right... Next they will want calories and dietary sugars listed.

I'm smoking Kush Ultra Lite...full flavor but fewer calories and less THC...

6189d_dscn05715413539.jpg

D

Disco Duck

its easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission

That reminds me of Emo Phillips funniest joke...

"When I was a boy I prayed to God every day for a bicycle. Then I realized that God doesn't work that way... so I stole a bicycle and prayed for forgiveness."

:rofl

S

SoCoMMJ

This section was included in the new draft rules document on the DOR site:

Regulation 43.3-904. Product Labeling, Substitution, Sampling and Analysis.

A. No licensee, for the sale of medical marijuana shall sell, transfer or give away any medical marijuana that does not contain a label with a list of all chemical additives, including but not limited to nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers that were used in its cultivation and production.
B. In addition, all labels shall include: (1) the license number of the manufacturer, grower, or center; (2) the date of manufacturer, harvest or sale; (3) strains and license numbers where obtained; and (4) the patient registry number of the purchaser.

All “edibles” shall also contain the following statement:
“This product is infused with medical marijuana and was produced without regulatory oversight for health, safety or efficacy and there may be health risks associated with the consumption of the product.”
C. All licensees for the sale of medical marijuana shall, upon request of the MED or any of its officers, make available to the person so requesting a sufficient quantity of such medical marijuana to enable sampling or analysis thereof. The licensee shall be notified of the results of the sampling or analysis without delay.

So, it looks like you can list non organic additives by name instead of chemical list. Every label is going to have to have the patient's number on it. That will suck a little for us because we only sell pre packaged. Maybe we can print a supplemental label or something.

They are making this a huge pain in the ass, but what hasn't been so far :)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The despensary itself is the only one even in a position to put the patient registry number on the package....I guess they cold rpint a small sticker and put it on at time of sale as the product heads out the door.

Sharpie marker at the cash register and write the number on the package at time of sale maybe..

Tex

H

haole

MMMMMMMmmmmm, I love the taste of omri sulfur sprays, pyrethrins and neem... whenever I harvest these days I just dip the plant in an extra strong mix of all 3, cause I gotta get all this PM and mites off.

At least I won't have to warn anybody!!

S

SoCoMMJ

Yeah, i was surprised to see that only the non organics had to be listed.

Why would somebody use an Herbicide on their plants ? Sometimes these rules are confusing.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

A. No licensee, for the sale of medical marijuana shall sell, transfer or give away any medical marijuana that does not contain a label with a list of all chemical additives, including but not limited to nonorganic pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers that were used in its cultivation and production...

...So, it looks like you can list non organic additives by name instead of chemical list.

Where does it say that? Seems pretty stupid and useless to just list the brand names. Everyone is going to list Grow, Micro, Bloom...and thats it....

Um, remind me how any of this helps the patient, again?

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Why would somebody use an Herbicide on their plants ? Sometimes these rules are confusing.

Because they are already gearing the laws to allow for "Round-Up" ready genetically engineered varieties grown on industrial scales that will require herbicides to keep all the other weeds from overgrowing that plot or greenhouse....

Top Bottom