CO MMJ Labeling Requirements (Coming Soon)

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sshfan

Sshfan

Cannagirl,

I am with you on the edibles. We all know that the bud not worth smoking gets turned into other products. I believe the new regulations will definetely help weed out that portion of the edible market. I have only had a couple of edibles from a MMC that had any strength at all. Most of them have 0 effect on me while the ones I make at home work just fine. That tells me all I need to know right there.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

You could always pack up and move to Oregon if it does not work out for you there. In 2 months it will be on our ballot to go full board with dispensaries.

A lot of people are already getting ready for the change here. Although no one knows how it will go untill it is passed.

Just curious, how much are you guys in CO. getting per # at the Disp? Or whatever you sell in weight?

C

cannagirl

You could always pack up and move to Oregon if it does not work out for you there. In 2 months it will be on our ballot to go full board with dispensaries.

A lot of people are already getting ready for the change here. Although no one knows how it will go untill it is passed.

Just curious, how much are you guys in CO. getting per # at the Disp? Or whatever you sell in weight?

Well now in order to sell to a dispensary, you must be part of the dispensary. So everyone is working out different deals, and getting different prices. I will say alot of deals Ive heard about have been pretty shitty, but Im pretty content with the contracted price we got.

R

RMCG

Well now in order to sell to a dispensary, you must be part of the dispensary. So everyone is working out different deals, and getting different prices. I will say alot of deals Ive heard about have been pretty shitty, but Im pretty content with the contracted price we got.

Congrats.

Cuz I saw some pretty shitty 'contract' prices...

C

cannagirl

thanks RMCG, yeah we vetted a few places and eventually went with some people outside of Denver and the Front Range.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
According to Matt Cook, I am about a year ahead on labelling of where the state will ultimately come down on their list of things to get all the rules promulgated or written.

Their first order of business is to get control of the product from seed to sale, that is what they are super focused on right now and labelling will come a bit down the line. He said their main concern is the persticides and residual fertilizers, this can either be done by declaration or post harvest testing. Pesticides is not a problem but residual fertilizer content is goin to be a tricky test since one doesn't exist and the pant produces the same compounds in the fertilizers natrually, thats how it grows after all.

Caloric content? the edible itself is delivery vehicle for the medicine(THC) not trying to fill ya up on brownies or rice crispy treats just trying to deliver a controlled dose of THC. It is my intent to get the edible itself down to smallest possible size and still maintain the flavor and high thc content for the patient.

You don't have to be part of a despensary at all and contract prices???? I am a state liscenced wholesale supplier of edibles, I have a product line, delivery schedule, and price list and I sure don't give up anything to a despensary..it sure is alot easier to just get you IPM liscence form the state than be in some way beholdin to a despensary or get involved in crazy scheme with them. Never give up your controll to someone else, especially in this game.

Tex

R

RMCG

I guess I'm under the impression people still like buds...

Not to knock the medible thing, esp for those that need a very controlled and standardized delivery method that does not require smoking. But I think there is more to it than THC/CBD %'s. But if they truly want to push the industry in that direction, bigger players will come to the market (Lilly, Pfizer, etc) and their 'tinctures' will come in Grape, Orange and Cherry flavor and their 'edible' will come in a foiled blister pack. There are no muffins and brownies in the 'real' world.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
TK, do I understand what you wrote above correctly? That the state plans to test plants for residual fertilizers (why again?) but that no such test exists???

Is it me, or should that be held up as an example of "clusterfuck"?

R

RMCG

TK, do I understand what you wrote above correctly? That the state plans to test plants for residual fertilizers (why again?) but that no such test exists???

Is it me, or should that be held up as an example of "clusterfuck"?

And the DEA comes and busts any labs that open (and apply for their DEA permit) that can actually ~do~ testing...

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

clusterfuck pretty well covers it. How long will it take the State to "regulate" dispensaries out of existence?

S

SoCoMMJ

clusterfuck pretty well covers it. How long will it take the State to "regulate" dispensaries out of existence?

Remember, they only want to regulate 80% of them out of business.

The labeling requirements are going to be a bitch, but what hasn't been so far ?

C

cannagirl

Tex, I agree with what you are saying on medibles, but at the same time, what about patients that are diabetic, or have adverse reactions to sugar. Or for the patients that use MMJ to eat, trust me that if you are already anorexic or bulimic, caloric content of anything that goes into your body is super important.

As far as contracting and merging, to each their own, but Im actually glad we partnered up with the dispensary we did, I really like them and I like what they stand for. They are 100% about the patients and trust me their patients feel the love:D

B

BoCo Buds

And the DEA comes and busts any labs that open (and apply for their DEA permit) that can actually ~do~ testing...

That's a funny... they came in because of the federal application FSL submitted... asking for them to come in!

Basically made a mess, took the meds, documented & photo'd shit, then said the application is totally unnecessary & have a good day... keep up the business!

Sure it wasn't funny at the time, but pretty funny now, no?

And FSL does both a pesticide residue test & the spore germ test. Pretty simple assay to determine if there are additional residues on the nugs themselves... just costs money like anything else. Peace

BTW, gm just hooked me up w an all natural feeding system using a virgin's fecal matter... sounds to make for nice clean fun & meet the organic labeling. Give him a shout... ahead of the game imho... ;-)

mr. bojangles

mr. bojangles

Virgin fecal matter. Damn, now everyone knows my secret.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Totally agree on the sugar content, we do a sugar free, gluten free, gliten free product as well in most flavors and strengths...I am all for total disclosure but calories is a hole nutha super testing deal that is way expensive.

Tex

Dorje

Dorje

It's so fucked, I hope we don't have to get a lawyer involved because some douche-bureaucrat decided he's going to pull a power trip and discriminate against mmj businesses because of his personal bias. I can't help but wonder if this is what's going on. Maybe we need a class-action suit if we continue to get bent over all the time and it becomes a trend. Maybe we need a new thread... Who's been f'ed by the city of Boulder post here?

27 business days later, we have a building permit :icon_spin:

F

FreshSteppin

its easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My PTO gelcaps have very little caloric content, no sugar, and pack a punch- will be available in a few MMCs shortly :)

Top Bottom