CO Snowboarder & Skiers

• Thread starter Frankie Pebbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JAHGYDI

mammoth mostly, june lake, mt baldy on powder days and i dont feel like driving to far. ive been a season pass holder at mammoth for 9 years.

coloradochem

coloradochem

Wolfcreek opens Saturday. Anyone else going? I will hopefully be there
I think we should meet twice a month and have a co forum ski/snowboard day.
I'm excited for another season to start Snowed pretty good in summit county today and even more down south. Might be the iriest winter ever

im down, im a monarch season pass holder, i also ride echo, crusty butt and breck, keystone.

J-fly

J-fly

im down, im a monarch season pass holder, i also ride echo, crusty butt and breck, keystone.

Went to irwin lodge for the first time last season. Irwin lodge, Robinson Basin, Kebler pass area. Some of the most extreme terrain ive seen in Colorado. Cant wait to go back. Im usually at Abasin, Vail, Pass , Zuma, or Rabbit Ears. Got the CO pass. Lets shred soon

coloradochem

coloradochem

Went to irwin lodge for the first time last season. Irwin lodge, Robinson Basin, Kebler pass area. Some of the most extreme terrain ive seen in Colorado. Cant wait to go back. Im usually at Abasin, Vail, Pass , Zuma, or Rabbit Ears. Got the CO pass. Lets shred soon

DAMN!!!! you get after it. that is some hardcore for shure!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
OK gang, I am makin the transition from skis to a board this year...so if ya see some old hippie guy bustin his ass on the slopes, please don't point and laugh directly at me..lolol...it will take me a few days to get the hang of it.

Got all geared up, got my first pair of non skate Vans, represent and a new Arbor Element board, old school lookin badassness..

gonna be one of the cool kids again...yea!!

Tex

46aa3e86 d26d 4f28 9294 992c905da3b0
cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
OK gang, I am makin the transition from skis to a board this year...so if ya see some old hippie guy bustin his ass on the slopes, please don't point and laugh directly at me..lolol...it will take me a few days to get the hang of it.

Got all geared up, got my first pair of non skate Vans, represent and a new Arbor Element board, old school lookin badassness..

gonna be one of the cool kids again...yea!!

Tex

Those Arbors are nice TK. Im a never summer guy myself. I have a few bros that ride for them. They are the "old dogs" now and are still showing the young guys whats up! Where do you ski/ride?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We used to call you boarders gays on a trays, my how things have changed.
I used to ski 100 days. Have skied Italy, Swiss alps, France, The Valley Blanc, fell in a crevice had to be rescued, Germany, Austria, Canada, Calif., New Zealand, but none of these compare to Colo and utah. We got the best of the best right here.
Nowdays I only go a few times yearly. Still can fly down mountain on groomed runs and with these new skis it so much faster, eaiser and safer than the old days on 225cm boards. Amazing new technology with skis these days makes it so easy and am way less tired as its so much easier to turn with out the burn.
Have fun, puff alot and go for it!!!!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I'm stoked for sure...gotta Epic local pass so A-basin and Keystone mainly...look out!!!

Tex

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We used to ski Keystone noon to moon. Nitesking is awesome, shroomin and flying down frenchmans just after the evening groom, the whole mountain to yourself.
Wondering if they bust you these days for smokin out the gondola. We would wait till the end and everybody puff up as much as possible with windows up and when that door opened it was like a 4 alarm fire..The lift guys loved it.
Last year at Powderhorn were were lectured by ski patrol for puffin on lift. He was my age and said the days of puffin on chair are over, take it to the trees please.

Landfishd

Landfishd

mammoth mostly, june lake, mt baldy on powder days and i dont feel like driving to far. ive been a season pass holder at mammoth for 9 years.

Yea Baldy!! All you Colorado powder fiends if you're in socal on a powder day Mt. Baldy is the place to ride. Trust me you won't be disappointed. Or in norcal Kirkwood IMO is the best.

Every summer I wonder why I'm so depressed.. then October-November comes along and it's so obvious.

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

It's snowing/raining down valley from Vail as we type folks. Should be several inches of wet and heavy on the hill tomorrow. Warming up in the middle of the week.
EPIC Pass = Every Prick In Colorado.

J-fly

J-fly

ya i stay away from a-basin untill zuma opens up and keystone i wont hitt up till atleast dec/jan if at all..so many overhyped resorts here and most of them are loaded with toolbags, long lift lines & $100+ lift tix. while they wait on lift lines ill be bombing threw waste deep pow in the backcountry, trees/glades, bowls,chutes, pillow drops ;)

got rid of my Neversummer and went back to the tried-n-true LibTech_ been doing me just fine from the early 90's till now:pimp:

When im at the Basin i usually stick to the beavs and the steep gullies. Face shot gully is one of the top pow runs in Colorado. I love taking the sleds out into the backcountry and finding my own lines. Get to avoid the gapers and ski patrollers and more freshies. Hoping to make it up to Tailgate Alaska this spring. Its dumping fat flakes right now, snowflakes the size of golf balls!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
It's snowing/raining down valley from Vail as we type folks. Should be several inches of wet and heavy on the hill tomorrow. Warming up in the middle of the week.
EPIC Pass = Every Prick In Colorado.

Yeah summit is a busy place. A-bay is nice but the rest are a bit much for me anymore. I am a lovie & steamboat guy myself. Parents met and married in the boat, my bro was born there, and i got married there....love that place! Rippin the sleds on top of rabbit ears and buff pass to find some kill fresh lines is the shizzy!!!

J-fly

J-fly

Got over a foot up here. Finally got my pass today. If anyone wants to shred the basin tomorrow, hit me up.

T

TurboAllWD

Anyone know how packed vail gets on opening day? I somehow lucked out with a 2 story condo at a resort for the week so i thought i might as well ski here too. That and theres hardly any trails open at all the other spots.

sky high

sky high

As far as Vail...it will depend on what terrain is open. If only Born Free/Eagle's Nest Ganjdola/chair 8 and Bear Tree coming out of the village are open (snowmaking only areas) it may be a bit crowded. If it dumps and they open more of Lionshead or Chair 3 and 4.....(and maybe 11)...crowds should be less of an issue.

As it sits I don't think we've had enough snow for a major opening....so I'd be expecting a few >>>ribbons of white death<<< to be ready for skiing and would consider myself lucky if more terrain is somehow opened.

putembk

putembk

Good to see the hills are getting a good start to ski season. Won't be much longer until more terrain opens up and all you skiers and boarders will be in heaven. I'm still fishing. Wednesday was forecast to be a warm day so I headed to Cheesman Canyon to do a little tail water fishing. It's still beautiful in the canyon even though the smell of the Hayman fire is all about you. As usual not a lot of people there on a week day so I had the place pretty much to myself. I walked about a mile inside the canyon to one of my favorite spots, put on my waders and just sat by the bank and smoked some Brainstorm Haze to get my head just right. Usually fish by myself now days as my old fishing buddies don't get high so I go by myself. I like to smoke on the way there, while I am there and on the way home and if you don't you don't go with me. ha ha .
No lift lines, no traffic just me, a few fish and my mind fucked up on Brainstorm Haze!!

Top Bottom