CO Snowboarder & Skiers

• Thread starter Frankie Pebbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Hit me up Put. I was probably going to hit up the blue in town over the next few days. Would love to chief some down and catch some hawgs with ya. Let me know

putembk

putembk

Hit me up Put. I was probably going to hit up the blue in town over the next few days. Would love to chief some down and catch some hawgs with ya. Let me know

Sent you a pm trying to talk you into going somewhere else but now that I think about it I think the Blue would be great. Just checked and the flow is 88 cfs which is perfect. Haven't fished there in a while but know it well. I'm up there more now to get clones (Frisco) rather than to fish. The weather is supposed to clear by mid week, can go any time. Would rather fish above 32 degrees, hate ice in my rod guides. Any body else want to catch big fish on tiny flies???

J-fly

J-fly

Went to Vail today and they had a a bunch of runs open, but the snow was pretty icey. Cant wait for january

T

TurboAllWD

Also went to Vail, man the ice was in the worst spots too J-fly. But it was still my kind of snow, easy to turn where its not a sheet of ice. I can barely turn in powder but i can still hit up a double black diamond in Breckenridge when its wet snow. Probably need some ski's made more for powder than these old k2's.

putembk, i bet that brainstorm haze is good for the head stash. haha Ive tried fly fishing in the smoky mountains, it was nothing but fail. I haven't even caught a damn thing in Colorado. I can catch snapper, sheepshead, bone fish, sting rays, small sharks and puffer fish and other cool shit but in freshwater its blue gills and occasionally a bass.

T

TurboAllWD

Sky High, it was definitely legit, think there was 6 lifts and 10 trails open, thats what it said on their website. Practically no lines except on the gondola. Seems like everyone is waiting for the real snow to hit. $25 to park though? thats just stupid, but whats really stupid is that i couldve paid $17 to park in the building right next to it. Dont know how i missed that. lol

Ghostface- I'd check it out if it wasn't about 6 hours away. I like road trips though so i might go for it when all the close spots get played out.

putembk

putembk

TurboAWD, parking is bad especially in Vail but what about lift tickets? I remember lift ticket prices under $20 at Vail and $12 at WP. Times sure have changed. By the time you consider the cost of gas, the traffic on I-70 and a lift ticket as well as anything else you eat or drink, I have found other things to get a rush. I used to have a condo at the Wren in Vail and know the mountain well but have lost the desire to put up all that goes with going to slopes these days. I bought a couple of snowmobiles and had a great time on them until I almost killed myself going over the handle bars trying to jump the dam thing. Now I just break out the snow shoes and find a nice peaceful meadow to go and explore. A lot less expensive and so far I haven't hurt myself.
One last thing, Europeans that vist Vail are rude especially Spaniards. You don't own the fricken sidewalk!!

sky high

sky high

I'm kinda the same way, pute. After 28 winters of living in the VV I'm kinda >over< the entire tourist/day-skiier "experience". After working on the mountain for years in the 80's and 90's and skiing almost every day I avoid the crowds and the clammor whenever possible these days.

Folks on vacation are idiots. No doubt about it...and no matter WHERE they hail from!

s h

C

cheech

Speaking of idiot vacationers, I'm wanting to come out to Breck for 4 days in January. Anyone know a descent affordable place to stay that's in town?

Also wanting to know if there is a cheaper way to get tickets other than at the base of the mountain? I vaguely remember the tickets costing 100 a day about.

T

TurboAllWD

putembk, window ticket price was around $89 each and $10 for a basket to hold your shoes, I shouldve walked from the garage with my ski boots on. I just ordered a 4 pack from loveland and its not so bad, around $30 each. All of the resorts offering 4 packs have pretty good prices, and the epic pass deals are great, shouldve went that route again. Oh yeah about the Spaniards, I doubt its just the ones visiting Vail, ive run into plenty of rude ones in FL.

Cheech, check the website there around $70 if you order 7 days in advance.

putembk

putembk

Nothing against Spain or it's people. From what I have heard it's the ultra rich (ruling class). I guess its customary for the peons to move out of the way when someone of ruling class stature walks by. For some reason they think that is their right anywhere they go.

Sky, when you live in a tourist area after a while you hate all visitors no matter where they come from. lol I do my best to avoid those situations. I can hide from them but if you live in place like Vail you are screwed.

altimood

altimood

My son wants to snowboard BADLY so I just got him a board from a guy who had a bunch of boards to sell. He had this COORS BANQUET board that never summer made in 2006 that had never been ridden so I nabbed it. Pretty nice for $100 bucks man. Looks like I'm going snowboarding. I haven't gone in a long time, but I'm looking forward to teaching my son how to carve like a champ. This board cracks me up but it has major CO flavor:

IMG_4531.JPG

The more I look it, the more confused I am with hands cupping the rocks.
Cracks me up.

putembk

putembk

Also went to Vail, man the ice was in the worst spots too J-fly. But it was still my kind of snow, easy to turn where its not a sheet of ice. I can barely turn in powder but i can still hit up a double black diamond in Breckenridge when its wet snow. Probably need some ski's made more for powder than these old k2's.

putembk, i bet that brainstorm haze is good for the head stash. haha Ive tried fly fishing in the smoky mountains, it was nothing but fail. I haven't even caught a damn thing in Colorado. I can catch snapper, sheepshead, bone fish, sting rays, small sharks and puffer fish and other cool shit but in freshwater its blue gills and occasionally a bass.
Turbo, would love to show you some Colo fly fishing. If you don't mind a little walk I can turn you on to one of the more famous trout streams in Colorado. Or the country as far as that goes. All you need is a 4, 5 or 6 weight rod and gortex chest waders and I will supply the rest. Don't worry about tippet or leader I will rig you. Oh, a back pack or large day pack is necessary since we will have to hike in. Let me know when you can get away and the next warm day we will do it.
One last thing, these fish know your name address and zip code before you get there so don't think you are going to have a 30 fish day. ha ha

T

TurboAllWD

Putembk, sounds cool! I'll be happy if i can just catch a single fish out here, its been over a year since ive even fished in saltwater. I'll hit ya up once i source some gear and theres no need to bring a lot of smoke, i have that covered!

putembk

putembk

Putembk, sounds cool! I'll be happy if i can just catch a single fish out here, its been over a year since ive even fished in saltwater. I'll hit ya up once i source some gear and theres no need to bring a lot of smoke, i have that covered!
No prob, I can even supply the rod. But all of my old waders leak and winter fishing is not the time for leaks so you are on your own there.

altimood

altimood

promo boards are cheap low end boards..fine to learn on or just to get some turns in but thats bout it, every season or so neversummer does this and have been for a long while..brand new they sell for 100-200 and arent made to be of the same quality as the pro lineup. a few other companys do these promo boards.

looks like tons of snow coming on in.. a few resorts should get dumped on_monday is a POW day fo sho
Ya man I've been riding NS boards since they were making them in Silverthorne in shared space with Summit snowboards back in the day. There's a lot of grey hairs on my chin. Hopefully my son will keep me going up this year. I could use a couple good turns. Cheers.

sky high

sky high

My best buddy (now in CA) was the original owner/maker of Summit snowboards in Breck. He also created/started Solid snowboards and worked for LOOK and Burton as a design consultant in the 80-'s-90's and worked for years at the Underground.

brings back memories of the dayz when a lot of hills wouldn't even let snowboards on the lift... LOL. (and that green, roadkill skunk bud that was >everywhere<)

s h

J-fly

J-fly

**** 12 mountains open_ Arapahoe Basin, Aspen / Snowmass, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Crested Butte, Eldora, Keystone, Loveland, Vail, Winter Park, Wolf Creek!

Steamboat opened today too!

F

fatganjagrower

Breckenridge is a freaking wind tunnel. never had fun there! actually i have (at night at da bars)

putembk

putembk

Only in Colorado! I just got back from my daily 2 hr exercise routine. Today went 6 or 7 miles in shorts and a tee shirt. Tomorrow I will probably be snow shoeing the golf course. You brothers of the slopes are finally going to get some help with the next storm. I hated ice and hard pack conditions and thats probably what you guys have been putting up with lately. If it's going to be cold it might as well snow.

Top Bottom