CO Snowboarder & Skiers

• Thread starter Frankie Pebbles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuz

Lived in Vail, not my favorite ski town but the best mountain to ski everyday. If i could afford a penthouse above where the old Burger King used to be Vail would be a great place to live.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

..pretty much the Cadillac of snowboards durable as a caddy as well..

Caddys are durable?

Devin The Dude said:
I've payed for it about 9 times, different mechanics
Too much of a job, some say they just couldn't handle it
I need some shocks on the back, I need some works on the brakes
My passenger side window sometimes it just don't wanna raise
I hear bumps and crunks, pings and ticks and things
I got a hole in my muffler and other minor things
Like my electrical rear view mirror don't move like it 'posed ta
Even the objects in that mothafucka need to be closer

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo_2TE6C56Y[/YOUTUBE]

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

yo that songs about a car that's 30 years old

And they are made better today? Escalades are made from Chinese parts and assembled in Mexico...I think "Honda" makes a better example for durability...I drove a CTS for a while...fuck that car...piece of turd...

Cadillacs are only for dumb celebrities and rap videos:
britney-spears-mini-cadillac-escalade.jpg

Cadillac.jpg

F

Funkfingers

nah old lacs were built to last though.. tanks you won't see any honda's that last 80 years..think classic car

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

nah old lacs were built to last though.. tanks you won't see any honda's that last 80 years..think classic car

IMHO American cars were built well through the 70s, but after the gas crisis and the greed of the 80s, they were shit cars and have been since. You support the US economy more by driving a Camry that is built in Virginia then a Cadillac that was built in Chihuahua.....

T

TyKaycha

IMHO American cars were built well through the 70s, but after the gas crisis and the greed of the 80s, they were shit cars and have been since....

Maybe the early 70's, but late 70's sucked. Now my first car was '79 Toyota Celica - ran that bitch over 350,000, paid $300 for it. Finally threw a piston or something but that was before I learned you had to add oil once in a while..... My college buddies still talk about the road trips in that car.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

we need an I-70 ski train, perfect place for Bill Ritter to spend that $9 MILLION STOLEN CDPHE MMJ money...

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

we need an I-70 ski train, perfect place for Bill Ritter to spend that $9 MILLION STOLEN CDPHE MMJ money...

And if it was a modern fast train, it would actually give a big boost to the local economy. More capacity for skiers to come to Colorado, and more biz for Denver as less people would stay overnight in Ski towns.

But knowing our government...it would just lead to years of unfinished work, embezzlement, extended pay contracts, unpaid contractors, under the table deals, wasted tax dollars, and corrupt contracts....hey, sounds like when DIA got built!

Tripsick

Tripsick

LOL GM i agree... it would be sweet to have some high speed rails.
I miss the days of tripping on a train.

K

kuz

Those arrogant european bastards in Vail did know how to attract the super rich. I dont think much has changed in that regard, except how Vail mnt gets more into the lodging and dining, now that is lame. They said they would never allow snowboards, didnt want the riffraff on the mountain. lol. They are a bit more accommodating to the front range today. Couple years ago there was talk about routing I70 into a tunnel through the town, I think it was serious.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

LOL GM i agree... it would be sweet to have some high speed rails.
I miss the days of tripping on a train.

Where did you grow up that you had trains to trip on? We used to just go to the beach....

K

kuz

I like Vail, I like the mountains around there, fishing the Eagle river, just couldnt take living there after a while. The Austrian influence and all the money make a cool atmosphere. Even in the summer the farmers market draws 10,000 people on Sundays, there is something about the place. If I wanted to be on the mountain every day, Vail is where I'd go, except i'd have to live in Gypsum.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Yo dutch, we'll be rippin up the pow pow this year. we've got a 4 sled trailer and 3 sleds. PM me if you don't wanna drive and live close(ish) to boulder.

wolf creek dude... :banana1sv6: watch for church groups from texas in december, they'll kill you.

Tripsick

Tripsick

I grew up all over but Chicago was the last place with trains Amtrak
and the L... nothing close to a high speed rail but fun never the less.

The Ski train would be sweet. even though i dont ski or board.

F

Frankie Pebbles

Dutch I am also one of the lucky who occasionally gets to test Never Summers. Did the premier come reverse camber this season? I literally have not rode a premier in years, Sick in pow for sure. I usually ride the SL's and Evo's (Currently riding: Evo 155, SL 158, SL 164) Seems like I never be able to give up my skateboard/jib background. Gotta be able to butter my pow.. that is unless I'm on that 164, fucking thing is a beast!!!!!

Edit: we-todd-did

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I grew up all over but Chicago was the last place with trains Amtrak
and the L... nothing close to a high speed rail but fun never the less.

The Ski train would be sweet. even though i dont ski or board.

I used to trip on the Northwestern and the El all the time...... the ride home from downtown was always entertaining! I wish there was a train to all those Dead shows at Alpine Valley.... now that would have been a great train ride!

F

Frankie Pebbles

I think they closed the Ski train down two years back??

J-fly

J-fly

Anyone going to redrocks friday night? The Never Summer Movie "Made in America" and the new Standard movie are going to premiere. And Deltron 3030 will be beaming down for a special transmission. Ill be there with a fat sack of juliet to blaze as a sacrifice to ULLR. One

H

hailo

I think they closed the Ski train down two years back??

didnt know till now....sucks!

not from CO but did ride the train...though it was the greatest...arive footsteps from the lift....

from wiki:

The Ski Train made its final run to Winter Park on March 29, 2009. The Ski Train equipment was sold to Algoma Central Railway Inc., a subsidiary of Canadian National Railway.

The Ski Train operated at a consistent loss for over 21 years. More recently it had faced additional serious challenges. These included escalating costs such as liability insurance coverage, operational conflicts with freight traffic, and substantial uncertainties posed by redevelopment of Denver's Union Station. These reasons combined with the worldwide economic maladies in 2009 meant that the Ski Train could no longer be operated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom